+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
Hoping someone is awake this late who can answer before tomorrow morning. I am like 99.9% sure that I paid my right of permanent residency fee and I have the receipt that printed out when I paid for it BUT. It doesn't give an itemized breakdown of what is paid directly on the receipt just the total amount I paid for the applications and the fee all together. Is there a way I can check to make sure that it was paid as you can no longer pay this fee at the landing interview? I don't want to be blind sided if I somehow didn't pay for it.

Afrah30

Feb 15, 2016
App. Filed.......
October 24 2014
AOR Received.
August 13 2015
Med's Request
February 8 2016
Med's Done....
February 2016
Interview........
October 27 2016
LANDED..........
October 27 2016
ifear said:
Hoping someone is awake this late who can answer before tomorrow morning. I am like 99.9% sure that I paid my right of permanent residency fee and I have the receipt that printed out when I paid for it BUT. It doesn't give an itemized breakdown of what is paid directly on the receipt just the total amount I paid for the applications and the fee all together. Is there a way I can check to make sure that it was paid as you can no longer pay this fee at the landing interview? I don't want to be blind sided if I somehow didn't pay for it.
The ammount should show 490$ on the right of permanent residence fee receipt. Thats how you can know. If not you can always call cic to confirm by giving them the receipt number.

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
Afrah30 said:
The ammount should show 490$ on the right of permanent residence fee receipt. Thats how you can know. If not you can always call cic to confirm by giving them the receipt number.
Yeah like I said I paid for he applications and the fee at the same time so my total is $1040 and I had to pay for the work permit separately

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Amarpreetd said:
it looks like in last 2 weeks no activity for june - july 2015 inland applicants........nothing is happening :mad:
Seems like they've slowed down. So frustrating. Was hoping we would get it before the end of 2016.

LainaMae

Nov 9, 2016
NorthWest Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-June-2015
Nomination.....
OWP issued..: 07-Oct-2015
AOR Received.
05-Sept-2015
Med's Request
upfront, passed
Interview........
14-Dec-2016
simpsol22 said:
Tips for linking on MyCIC. Leave out your passport info....put a space in for the city of birth and make sure to use 2 for those on application....but add 1 additional for each dependent you have if applicable.
Thanks for the tips, but NOTHING works :( I feel like I have tried every possible combination of inputs. I have combed through different threads with tips for linking and nothing. And even though it says you get 5 attempts, every day I try, it tells me I have exceeded my attempts after I submit my fourth try. ARRG!! I am on the verge of giving up trying to link it but wanted to ask if anyone was in my situation who successfully linked.

We submitted our application as common-law and got married a few months later. Now it is over a year since then. Do I search under PR- Common-Law or PR - Spousal?? And in either case, do I put married or single for my 'Current Status" since my UCI number was made when I was considered 'single'. I've tried both with no success.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LainaMae said:
Thanks for the tips, but NOTHING works :( I feel like I have tried every possible combination of inputs. I have combed through different threads with tips for linking and nothing. And even though it says you get 5 attempts, every day I try, it tells me I have exceeded my attempts after I submit my fourth try. ARRG!! I am on the verge of giving up trying to link it but wanted to ask if anyone was in my situation who successfully linked.

We submitted our application as common-law and got married a few months later. Now it is over a year since then. Do I search under PR- Common-Law or PR - Spousal?? And in either case, do I put married or single for my 'Current Status" since my UCI number was made when I was considered 'single'. I've tried both with no success.
Do you have representation?

LainaMae

Nov 9, 2016
NorthWest Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-June-2015
Nomination.....
OWP issued..: 07-Oct-2015
AOR Received.
05-Sept-2015
Med's Request
upfront, passed
Interview........
14-Dec-2016
profiler said:
Do you have representation?
No, we have done everything ourselves.

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
Im sure you guys are tired of hearing from me but I figured I'd give an update as I had my landing interview today and a scary situation happened. I figured I'll gige a detailed event of what went down in case anyone was curious like I was but couldn't find any major details about it.

Firstly I got there at the time requested with a TON of other people. 9 am sharp we all got called into a room and couple by couple we turned in the paper we were asked to bring to one of the agents who marked our names off of a sheet. In the same order they received them, they called us each up to a different agent or an interview room.

They asked me for my passport, my owp, and my receipt of payment.

They asked me 3 questions:
Do I have any dependants that I didn't already declare?
Have I committed any crimes inside or outside Canada?
Have I ever been asked to leave Canada?

After answering they checked for payment of right if permanent residence fee.

Here's where it got scary!!!!

It turns out that the open work permit costs $255 and not just $100. Instead of them contacting me and letting me know I still owed them money for the work permit, they took out the missing permit fee money from the $1040 I paid for the applications and right if permanent residence fee and let it sit that way. Idk if it's the same across Canada, but the office I went to does NOT process payment there (Calgary). You can only do it online.

THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE WITH JULY 2015 APPLICANTS AND NEWER.

I figured since I was never contacted for additional payment that everything was fine. My fault I guess for nor doing my due diligence. Still it was terrifying at the time because I thought I would be denied on the spot.

They were really kind though and explained what happened and told me the only way they could proceed was by paying the $490 on the spot. They offered to make a computer available for me but I was able to quickly make the payment on the phone and they said they would refund me the difference within 4-8 weeks.

After the payment went through they stamped my passport which is the equivalent of going to the border to do your landing and punched a hole in my owp, gave me the print out that I was instructed to keep for possible future citizenship applications and said I'd get my card in the mail within 21 days.

So. Sort if a warning to anyone who might not have paid the correct fee for the owp. Double check you paid the correct amount and contact them asap if you haven't to make sure you get your payment fixed before they get you into a landing interview.

I hope this was of any help to others and thank you all so much for all of your help and support through this past 14 months. (Profiler your a boss much love)

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
LainaMae said:

I'd enter your information exactly as it was for your application. So common law, single, enter your passport but do not enter the city born only use a space. I used, I think, my name and birthday- as the UCI number I was given was attached to the sponsors application and not my principal app. As for how many are a part if the application just put 1. Those options worked for me and I was able to make it successful.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ifear said:
After answering they checked for payment of right if permanent residence fee.

Here's where it got scary!!!!

It turns out that the open work permit costs $255 and not just $100. Instead of them contacting me and letting me know I still owed them money for the work permit, they took out the missing permit fee money from the $1040 I paid for the applications and right if permanent residence fee and let it sit that way. Idk if it's the same across Canada, but the office I went to does NOT process payment there (Calgary). You can only do it online.

THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE WITH JULY 2015 APPLICANTS AND NEWER.

I figured since I was never contacted for additional payment that everything was fine. My fault I guess for nor doing my due diligence. Still it was terrifying at the time because I thought I would be denied on the spot.

They were really kind though and explained what happened and told me the only way they could proceed was by paying the $490 on the spot. They offered to make a computer available for me but I was able to quickly make the payment on the phone and they said they would refund me the difference within 4-8 weeks.

After the payment went through they stamped my passport which is the equivalent of going to the border to do your landing and punched a hole in my owp, gave me the print out that I was instructed to keep for possible future citizenship applications and said I'd get my card in the mail within 21 days.

So. Sort if a warning to anyone who might not have paid the correct fee for the owp. Double check you paid the correct amount and contact them asap if you haven't to make sure you get your payment fixed before they get you into a landing interview.

I hope this was of any help to others and thank you all so much for all of your help and support through this past 14 months. (Profiler your a boss much love)
So...they determined that you owed CIC $100, for the OWP shortage (for the ridiculous `Permit Holder Fee' that was created for the Pilot Program OWP) but demanded that you pay them $490 [again] and wait to get your refund in 4-8 weeks?!?! Couldn't they just have accepted the $100 and `connected the dots' in their own system?!

Unbelievable. As if the Inland process weren't painful enough.

Congratulations.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ifear said:
Profiler your a boss much love
Ponga is the boss, I'm just a mere cronie.

Big congrats. Time to start studying Canadian history (yes, it's a thing, I swear) so you can get a Canadian passport!

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
Ponga said:
So...they determined that you owed CIC $100, for the OWP shortage (for the ridiculous `Permit Holder Fee' that was created for the Pilot Program OWP) but demanded that you pay them $490 [again] and wait to get your refund in 4-8 weeks?!?! Couldn't they just have accepted the $100 and `connected the dots' in their own system?!

Unbelievable. As if the Inland process weren't painful enough.

Congratulations.
No they took the additional $155 to pay for the remainder owed towards the owp from the $1040 I paid in total which meant I didn't have enough to pay for the right of permanent residency fee. The rest you are correct. I had to pay the $490 in full and they said they'd figure out how to refund me the $335. If we get it at all. They made it seem like they had no idea where the money was allocated to.

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
profiler said:
Ponga is the boss, I'm just a mere cronie.

Big congrats. Time to start studying Canadian history (yes, it's a thing, I swear) so you can get a Canadian passport!
Yes ponga and a few others on this site are very knowledgeable I'm lucky to have found this site. And your not kidding lol only took me 4 years to know the national anthem so I'm sure I have time to brush up on some history. XD