Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ponga said:
Here's a link to the old version of the manual. The flowchart is on page 44.
http://www.google.ca/url?q=http://overseastudent.ca/migratetocanada/IMMGuide/CICManual/ip/ip08-eng.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj9_4TV-4fQAhVK52MKHRItDLsQFggaMAE&usg=AFQjCNEzJHVcj6cEp0dr3kim_9eMohc5bA
Thanks, Ponga! I did have that open already :).

I am surprised they would remove it from the manual. Maybe they have a poster-sized version of it in the CPC's.

Hey question for you (more of an opinion): While we are on the topic of AIP's. I had a chat with my MP last week, and they called into CIC to complain about a really late ATIP request. While the communications officer was chatting with the clerks at CIC, she requested general case information for me (so she could update me). They mentioned that they are just working on my eligibility to sponsor, and my wife's application was waiting on security and criminality checks.

I am getting conflicting messages here. ECAS does state Sponsor Application is in progress, PR application is application received. myCIC states Medical passed (about a month ago), BG checks in progress, and that's it.

So, if I go by what my MP's office said, and I use the flowchart, we should be passed step 1, and almost finished step 2. If I go by ECAS, we haven't even started yet...

What's your opinion here? What should I believe?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
Thanks, Ponga! I did have that open already :).

I am surprised they would remove it from the manual. Maybe they have a poster-sized version of it in the CPC's.

Hey question for you (more of an opinion): While we are on the topic of AIP's. I had a chat with my MP last week, and they called into CIC to complain about a really late ATIP request. While the communications officer was chatting with the clerks at CIC, she requested general case information for me (so she could update me). They mentioned that they are just working on my eligibility to sponsor, and my wife's application was waiting on security and criminality checks.

I am getting conflicting messages here. ECAS does state Sponsor Application is in progress, PR application is application received. myCIC states Medical passed (about a month ago), BG checks in progress, and that's it.

So, if I go by what my MP's office said, and I use the flowchart, we should be passed step 1, and almost finished step 2. If I go by ECAS, we haven't even started yet...

What's your opinion here? What should I believe?
Ug...don't get me started on why CIC makes changes that seem to make no sense...like changing the Inland Guide to now state (as of September 2014) that applicants must have legal status to apply. They do NOT, under the Inland Public Policy from 2005 that's still in place.

Unless they've changed the way an Inland applicant is processed, I'd say that your myCIC indicates that she has passed AIP stage, since BG checks are in progress. This is part of the admissibility assessment, for stage 2.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ponga said:
Ug...don't get me started on why CIC makes changes that seem to make no sense...like changing the Inland Guide to now state (as of September 2014) that applicants must have legal status to apply. They do NOT, under the Inland Public Policy from 2005 that's still in place.

Unless they've changed the way an Inland applicant is processed, I'd say that your myCIC indicates that she has passed AIP stage, since BG checks are in progress. This is part of the admissibility assessment, for stage 2.
Yeah, unfortunately I think they have made too much paperwork, and they do not have something like elasticsearch...

This is what everything is pointing to -- that they are in stage 2. BG check went to in progress in june or july (I don't recall which). Timed with the Medical being accepted about a month ago, and a PCC request in one of the document request waves on Aug 10. It all screamed stage 2 to me as well. It's just curious that neither system seems to indicate SA.

Anyway, thanks for the opinion!

Angie0509

Jul 21, 2016
Ponga said:
Medical isn't really needed until stage 2 (post AIP) since it's part of the admissibility check for the applicant.
My husband didn't get AIP yet, I got SA yesterday..will he get AIP soon?

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Well this seems to happen a lot around here, but a day after complaining and requesting a new copy of my GCMS notes I received my Landing Interview appt. for Wednesday 9th :D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
chrismgallen said:
Well this seems to happen a lot around here, but a day after complaining and requesting a new copy of my GCMS notes I received my Landing Interview appt. for Wednesday 9th :D
Congrats...

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
chrismgallen said:
Congratulations!
How did you complain and requested GCMS notes? I don't even know what they are...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
abrakadabra said:
How did you complain and requested GCMS notes? I don't even know what they are...
There are a couple ways to complain. For us, we (I) used a sledge hammer to kill a fly. GCMS notes are the case notes that visa officers record on your file. You can order them: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp .

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
profiler said:
There are a couple ways to complain. For us, we (I) used a sledge hammer to kill a fly. GCMS notes are the case notes that visa officers record on your file. You can order them: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp .
Haha! thank you ;)

Angie0509

Jul 21, 2016
I also noticed in my SA that it was saying that we should pay RPRF as soon as possible to avoid delays. Did you guys get that too? I hope it's a hint or someting that DM is in the horizon.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abrakadabra said:
Haha! thank you ;)
How long will it takes before you recieve the GMCS ( if thats the right thing)
I ordered mine last week. I already submitted my police clearance and i did an upfront medical as well.. its been 3 months since i send them those last documents

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
june1990 said:
I ordered mine last week. I already submitted my police clearance and i did an upfront medical as well.. its been 3 months since i send them those last documents
It takes about 30 days to get them

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
june1990 said:
30 days. But it's also been since august for us. Seems like no news is good news from cic..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Angie0509 said:
I also noticed in my SA that it was saying that we should pay RPRF as soon as possible to avoid delays. Did you guys get that too? I hope it's a hint or someting that DM is in the horizon.
We paid RPRF upfront...