Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
anneecarillo said:
Hi. Just wondering if how can i update the cic if i currently got married (so from common-law, we got married).. is there any effect on our application? But still, my last name (before marriage) is reflected to my passport. Thanks
Wait until you get your marriage certificate, then send a Case Specific Enquiry to advise them, and include a copy of your certificate.

Detoye

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi I just received a medical request from cic. am a june 2015 Applicant. Does anyone know what the next stage is after medical and how long it takes...Thanks

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Detoye said:
Hi I just received a medical request from cic. am a june 2015 Applicant. Does anyone know what the next stage is after medical and how long it takes...Thanks
. Hi to all, after we received AIP is it still possible to refuse the application, or when you receive AIP does it mean it will be approve for sure? Tnx to those who will answer

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
So I've just noticed that we can actually submit additional documents through MyCiC account . Did anyone submit anything through that?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
prettyAKO said:
. Hi to all, after we received AIP is it still possible to refuse the application, or when you receive AIP does it mean it will be approve for sure? Tnx to those who will answer
They can still refuse the application, yes. AIP just means that Sponsor and Applicant meet the eligibility requirements.

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Yun8123 said:
What a great news!! congratulations!! I am also 23rd July 2015 and hoping something comes up soon...!
Is there any special for your case? common-law? married? if you don't mind me asking?
My wife is sponsoring me here....We got married in April and i applied around july 23 because i was still gathering documents...Yes i got married first and applied for OWP AND PR CARD

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shreecharan said:
Am a July 23 /2015 applicant,i called CIC today just to check if there could be something..After lengthy discussion,he said that security check has been completed on my file and that they will soon call or email me for my PR CARD...He didnt say exactly when though

Any applicant around that time to please share your experiences..

Thanks
Technically, you don't apply for your PR Card.

At your landing interview/appointment, the officer will submit the paperwork for the actual card for you. ;)

ana0911

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Ponga said:
Technically, you don't apply for your PR Card.

At your landing interview/appointment, the officer will submit the paperwork for the actual card for you. ;)
Please can someone please help me.I am june 2015 applicant my wife and i sent our application in june 2015.Had an email from cic in july asking me to send pcc from my home country which i did and they received that and acknowledge it in July 2016.I called cic yesterday the agent told me my file is going through Global review for the pcc i sent.Can anyone please help me with what it means and if i am getting aip soon or dm.please Thanks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ana0911 said:
Please can someone please help me.I am june 2015 applicant my wife and i sent our application in june 2015.Had an email from cic in july asking me to send pcc from my home country which i did and they received that and acknowledge it in July 2016.I called cic yesterday the agent told me my file is going through Global review for the pcc i sent.Can anyone please help me with what it means and if i am getting aip soon or dm.please Thanks.
As far as I know, there was no global review of PCC's. There is currently an inland application inventory reduction exercise happening. As part of that, they are assessing applications to see which ones are "straightforward" and requesting any civil documents or PCC's they would need to complete the case quickly. Here is the announcement: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-06-13.asp and the operational bulletin for each of the offices: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp .

ana0911

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
No sorry the agent said my application was going through Global Review.Please let me know if u understand that.

Jessieh

Nov 20, 2013
kapilhere said:
Can you please let me know the application process to get RCMP police clearance?

Is it the same as fingerprint request?
yes, the same as fingerprint request. if you live in Toronto, you can go sheppard and Kenndy, People there can help you.

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
Got my notes today, they haven't started anything yet, :'(
although seems like I'm part of the backlog reduction program or whatever is called, i'm not sure what that means.
I'm very frustrated with this whole thing... but seems like they are starting to send AIP to May 2015 applicants at least...
hopefully me and the rest of the august applicants will get news soon... hopefully...

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
schonkatze said:
Got my notes today, they haven't started anything yet, :'(
although seems like I'm part of the backlog reduction program or whatever is called, i'm not sure what that means.
I'm very frustrated with this whole thing... but seems like they are starting to send AIP to May 2015 applicants at least...
hopefully me and the rest of the august applicants will get news soon... hopefully...
I am on the same boat. Applied in August 2015. My notes show something as below

***Review Required**Application identified as part of the 2016 reduction exercise for certain spouses or Common-Law Partner in Canada Applications. Application requires closer review.

I am not sure what that "Application requires closer review" is, I guess it means it will take more time.

Does you notes say something similar?

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
kapilhere said:

***Review Required**Application identified as part of the 2016 reduction exercise for certain spouses or Common-Law Partner in Canada Applications. Application requires closer review.

I am not sure what that "Application requires closer review" is, I guess it means it will take more time.

It actually means it will take less time. They have flagged the file to take a closer look so they can move more quickly on the application and get it finished up. It's part of the 'inventory reduction' exercises announced in June to reduce wait times. :)

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
kapilhere said:

July 2015 app here. I got that comment too! I assume they reviewed it closer to make sure you app is straight forward as they think, as they are processing straight forward apps faster. Fingers crossed that we hear soon!!