App. Filed.......
05-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-23-2015
Med's Done....
submitted upfront
LANDED..........
10-06-2016
I think you should send in some romantic proof, like sappy text messages or letters you've written to each other :) Or any cards, receipts of gifts you have given.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
gumiibear said:
I think you should send in some romantic proof, like sappy text messages or letters you've written to each other :) Or any cards, receipts of gifts you have given.
Yep and any photos you have together, birthday cards, plane tickets from travelling together etc.

InlandPR2015

Jul 20, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am May 2015 Applicant. I had my landing interview today and am now PR! After a 17 month wait, its finally done!

I have one confusion though which struck me after I returned home. Do I need to apply separately for my PR card?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
InlandPR2015 said:
Hello Everyone,

I am May 2015 Applicant. I had my landing interview today and am now PR! After a 17 month wait, its finally done!

I have one confusion though which struck me after I returned home. Do I need to apply separately for my PR card?
Congrats! No it's coming in the mail..

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
gumiibear said:
Haha. I've sent one special envelope with just text messages last year. Had tons of those when we started dating ,now we text each other stuff like "get chicken breasts from save on food on way back" . :D
km9203 said:
Yep and any photos you have together, birthday cards, plane tickets from travelling together etc.
Travelling is not an option as long as they have that stupid rule that they might not let you back in.

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Got an email from CIC-M saying they were refunding my $75 overpayment on the RPRF.

Seeing as fees paid are held until they are assigned, is this suggesting that they have now applied my payment to the RPRF and I can assume therefore that my application has been approved?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
MarioPavlovich said:
Haha. I've sent one special envelope with just text messages last year. Had tons of those when we started dating ,now we text each other stuff like "get chicken breasts from save on food on way back" . :DTravelling is not an option as long as they have that stupid rule that they might not let you back in.
I mean, if you previously travelled together before you applied. You can include those tickets/photos.

Patricija

Jan 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2015
AOR Received.
August 15 2015
Hi everybody. My CIC online account shows Review of medical results: PASSED. Does that mean I won't have to re-do the medicals? It was done before I sent out my application in June 2015. I recently received an email with a notification that my account has been updated and that was the only change. Before I had contacted my MP and they said that after talking to somebody from the visa office it looks like my medicals have already been expired, but now shows passed..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
chrismgallen said:
Got an email from CIC-M saying they were refunding my $75 overpayment on the RPRF.

Seeing as fees paid are held until they are assigned, is this suggesting that they have now applied my payment to the RPRF and I can assume therefore that my application has been approved?
I noticed the same overpayment on our card and sponsor app. It was a glitch...

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Patricija said:
Hi everybody. My CIC online account shows Review of medical results: PASSED. Does that mean I won't have to re-do the medicals? It was done before I sent out my application in June 2015. I recently received an email with a notification that my account has been updated and that was the only change. Before I had contacted my MP and they said that after talking to somebody from the visa office it looks like my medicals have already been expired, but now shows passed..
You can pass them and then they can expire. They expire after a year or CIC can choose to extend them. You can find out if they did by ordering your gcms notes.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
km9203 said:
You can pass them and then they can expire. They expire after a year or CIC can choose to extend them. You can find out if they did by ordering your gcms notes.
You can also ask for the medical notes in the same request.

Patricija

Jan 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2015
AOR Received.
August 15 2015
km9203 said:
I have ordered the notes before and there it shows that my medicals have been expired but I just got the email last week with the update saying that medicals have been passed. Unless I am going to be receiving a request to re-do them soon. Another thing - I am 4 months pregnant, so that means I would have to wait until I have my baby to do medicals?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Patricija said:
I have ordered the notes before and there it shows that my medicals have been expired but I just got the email last week with the update saying that medicals have been passed. Unless I am going to be receiving a request to re-do them soon. Another thing - I am 4 months pregnant, so that means I would have to wait until I have my baby to do medicals?
If they are passed now, then it's a moot point. Sounds like they extended them.

If they ask for a remedical or a partial medical, you'd have to wait until your baby is born..

Patricija

Jan 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2015
AOR Received.
August 15 2015
profiler said:
If they are passed now, then it's a moot point. Sounds like they extended them.

If they ask for a remedical or a partial medical, you'd have to wait until your baby is born..
Thank you for your response! I guess I will just wait and see.

anneecarillo

Oct 7, 2015
Hi. Just wondering if how can i update the cic if i currently got married (so from common-law, we got married).. is there any effect on our application? But still, my last name (before marriage) is reflected to my passport. Thanks