Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Have now hit 16 months exactly and still no AIP... Is there really any point in calling to enquire?

fsuhail

Dec 19, 2015
chrismgallen said:
Have now hit 16 months exactly and still no AIP... Is there really any point in calling to enquire?
I'm 29th April, 2015 with no SA or AIP. I did call and they just say wait a couple more months. Honestly I just try to avoid checking ECAS and anything to do with immigration because the more I think about it, the more it affects my quality of life.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
fsuhail said:
I'm 29th April, 2015 with no SA or AIP. I did call and they just say wait a couple more months. Honestly I just try to avoid checking ECAS and anything to do with immigration because the more I think about it, the more it affects my quality of life.
Yeah, I don't check here or ecas as much as it drives me mad.

gumiibear

Jul 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-23-2015
Med's Done....
submitted upfront
LANDED..........
10-06-2016
I hit 16 months today as well and don't see any point calling CIC... They'll probably just tell me to wait and wait and wait...

gumiibear

Jul 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-23-2015
Med's Done....
submitted upfront
LANDED..........
10-06-2016
It looks like they're working through April 2015 applications now so I think May applicants will hear news in October hopefully.. *crosses fingers*

Mikklessen900

Aug 16, 2016
7th June 2016 applicant here (documentation acknowledged on this date by govt).

Just wondering if anyone has recently gotten their OWP (who applied around similar time to me) and how long OWP's are taking to be received?

I'm coming up to the 4 month ceiling but earnestly hoping it will come sooner!

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
Hello everyone,

I will attend landing interview next week.
For the question "Have you ever been refused entry or been deported from Canada or any other country?", how can I answer it ?
Five years ago, I applied for a visa to go to US but my application was denied. 2 weeks later, I re-applied and this time it was approved.
It that ok to answer "No". Thank you so much

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
chuphuc said:
Hello everyone,

I will attend landing interview next week.
For the question "Have you ever been refused entry or been deported from Canada or any other country?", how can I answer it ?
Five years ago, I applied for a visa to go to US but my application was denied. 2 weeks later, I re-applied and this time it was approved.
It that ok to answer "No". Thank you so much
Eh, I would advise that you answered truthfully and say that 5 years ago your app for US was denied BUT, you applied again and then it got approved! Be honest. Maybe someone else has a different opinion? I just don't think lying is a good idea.

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
km9203 said:
Eh, I would advise that you answered truthfully and say that 5 years ago your app for US was denied BUT, you applied again and then it got approved! Be honest. Maybe someone else has a different opinion? I just don't think lying is a good idea.
I would not tell a lie. It is because the question "Have you ever been refused entry or been deported from Canada or any other country?" is ambiguous. I understand by asking this question, they want to know if I came to entry port of a country and officers there did not allow me to enter the country. If this is what they want to ask, "No" is correct answer.

CIC know my application for US visa was denied before for sure because I told them several times already so it is stupid to lie them.

However, to be safe I would answer it like your suggestion. Thank you so much.

foxlink

Apr 25, 2016
Today my wife had her landing interview and it is pretty easy. Just a few simple questions were asked then the paper worker was gone thru:

Time line:
App received: Apr 23rd, 2015
AOR: Jan-Feb 2016
Landing interview notice received: Sep 13th, 2016
Landing interview: Sep 20th, 2016
No SA, No AIP
Waiting PR right now.

Thanks for everyone here sharing information and good luck!

Aug 21, 2016
Those of you who have received landing interviews, did you receive the letter by email or by post?

All our previous communication was by email, but the guy on the phone said it would come in the post. He also said a letter has / is being prepared but wouldn't divulge any further on that.

We're a little concerned as we moved home about two months ago, and despite our constant efforts, they are still yet to change the address.

Hate all this stress! Thought the DM would end all the agonising.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
NewfoundlandSeagull said:
Those of you who have received landing interviews, did you receive the letter by email or by post?

All our previous communication was by email, but the guy on the phone said it would come in the post. He also said a letter has / is being prepared but wouldn't divulge any further on that.

We're a little concerned as we moved home about two months ago, and despite our constant efforts, they are still yet to change the address.

Hate all this stress! Thought the DM would end all the agonising.
It came by email for me.

We had no mail correspondence throughout our application. We received an email for SA approval on July 25th and 1 week later received an email inviting us to Ottawa for landing interview on Aug 16th.

Brgrcy

Jul 5, 2016
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share my updated status.
I have applied for permanent residency ( common law ) on 7th January 2016.
I have just checked ECAS this morning and it says DESICION MADE.
What is the next step after decision made? If anyone can tell me what to expect I would be highly appreciate.
Thank you and good luck to everyone

Brgrcy

Jul 5, 2016
Hello everyone again,
So just wanted to update the status again. Couple hours after I see DM on ECAS I have just received an email from CIC for my interview.
Interview Oct. 4th Etobicoke
Thank you and good luck everyone

paulschild

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Brgrcy said:
Hello everyone again,
So just wanted to update the status again. Couple hours after I see DM on ECAS I have just received an email from CIC for my interview.
Interview Oct. 4th Etobicoke
Thank you and good luck everyone
You mean Jan 2016 or 2015?