+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
foxlink said:
app AOR Jan 2016, no any update later on...
Called CIC agent weeks ago said it was on fast track..
I see...I guess this is the standard response to everyone between March-Aug. What the agent told me that by the end of the year I should have everything. Well he did not really say that b/c I do not think they can commit to anything, but implied that this is the target. I also contacted our MP about a month ago and just got back to us that she will look into it. Once I have an update I will share it here.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
moanie said:
GG_wife said:
when was the last time CIC contacted you?

I am April applicant too and has been just on the phone with CIC. They were very polite and said my application is in the special program for reducing backlog and processing time. It turned out 30 000 applications are in that program so my guess is all the March-August applicants are generally part of it, but this way it sounds better:) ...Anyways I was told the application is going toward AIP ( which is quite a general statement, since all applications are heading there) and I did not receive any additional info only what I can see under my linked account already (that the background check is in progress.)

anyways you might want to call CIC and ask your MP to contact them as well.
[/quote

I am in a similar boat. April 29 applicant so almost at 16 months here and still no AIP/Sponsorship approval. I guess waiting until August 29 then phoning to complain we are past normal processing time. Not much else you can do!
yup, this is a waiting game...and it is so frustrating...anyways our MP should reach out to CIC, I wonder if thru her we will have more details ( I doubt it, but worth a try)

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
GG_wife said:
I see...I guess this is the standard response to everyone between March-Aug. What the agent told me that by the end of the year I should have everything. Well he did not really say that b/c I do not think they can commit to anything, but implied that this is the target. I also contacted our MP about a month ago and just got back to us that she will look into it. Once I have an update I will share it here.
we are much more recent applicants (Jan 2016) when we have recently called we have been told the same thing. everything is fine call back in November if no pr received by then. (the implication being that by that time all the backlog should be gone)

reading tea leafs....

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
GG_wife said:
when was the last time CIC contacted you?

I am April applicant too and has been just on the phone with CIC. They were very polite and said my application is in the special program for reducing backlog and processing time. It turned out 30 000 applications are in that program so my guess is all the March-August applicants are generally part of it, but this way it sounds better:) ...Anyways I was told the application is going toward AIP ( which is quite a general statement, since all applications are heading there) and I did not receive any additional info only what I can see under my linked account already (that the background check is in progress.)

anyways you might want to call CIC and ask your MP to contact them as well.
did they call u from an unknown number?

kimiz

Apr 14, 2016
vancouvernick said:
You can call CIC and have them send you the IMM1017

I was trying to do the semi-upfront medical (do medical before CIC requested it). Funny thing is, the day after I did my medical CIC sent me the request along with IMM1017 (with IME number on it)

If you do the medical without an IMM1017 form, make sure you scan the e-medical page (with the UMI number) and send it to CIC via case specific inquiry.
Thanks a lot Vancouvernick :)

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Hi folks, I have to extend my work permit (got my first one under the pilot program). Question: Do I send it to Unit 202 in Vegreville (extensions) or Unit 777 (spouses etc.). Not sure if Unit 77 is only for the 'new ones'. Instruction Guide is not really clear to me.
Also, we are common-law partners so I have to send the Statutory Declaration (IMM5409) too right? Thanks!!

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
zumbagirl said:
we are much more recent applicants (Jan 2016) when we have recently called we have been told the same thing. everything is fine call back in November if no pr received by then. (the implication being that by that time all the backlog should be gone)

reading tea leafs....
well looks like it is the standard thing they have to say then to everyone since there is the general effort to reduce backlog so everyone is special :)

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
ROBIN PHILIP said:
did they call u from an unknown number?
It was me who called CIC, but I did have a missed call from on unknown number on July 25th. So I asked the agent whether he could see it in my files that they had tried to reach out. He said it wasn't them and anyways it would not have been from an unknown number and if they had called they would have left a voicemail. Which totally contradicts what others are saying here on the forum. Most ppl say CIC calls from an unknown number and they do not leave VM if the call is missed. Go figure...
If you had a missed call from an unknown number I guess the safest to call CIC to double check, just in case...

svan

Jun 14, 2016
sarah666 said:
Dear all, I really need your advice as I find myself in a predicament.

I did not do upfront medical and have not received a request yet. I am now 10 weeks pregnant and my doctor has advised me to not have any xray work done due to potential damage to the baby. What should I do? Can I say this to CIC when I get the medical request? Is it possible to do medical without xrays?
Congrats.
My wife did not do X-Ray. We told our doctor (the one who did our medicals) that we're 15 weeks pregnant (at the time). She said you don't need to do X-Ray then. CIC is still reviewing our Medicals (was done in June). I will advise when it going to be approved.

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
GG_wife said:
well looks like it is the standard thing they have to say then to everyone since there is the general effort to reduce backlog so everyone is special :)
I haven't seen a lot progress since July 2016. I'm guessing it's because of the summer vacation. My friends told me that the staff who work for Gov can take vacation as longer as 2 months...
Curiously, I googled the thing and it gives me: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-processing-delay-as-staff-head-for-summer-vacation-t431749.0.html

Dhakdabba

Jul 13, 2016
Hello guys,
March 2015 application. I am the sponsor.
Got SA on July 5, 2016
Today I got an email from Cic saying that we are missing documents, so our application can't be processed until we send these documents. They have asked for my valid travel id or passport.
We are so confused. Why would they ask for sponsor's passport? Is this an error?
I m a Canadian passport holder. Should I send them my passport?

It says send it via case specific enquiry form. How can I send passport through case specific enquiry form.

revitfollower

Jan 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VA-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ requested 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
09-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016 Semi upfront
LANDED..........
Waiting
Yesterday Received SA and AIP by email.
What about DM, they gona send me an email?
How I get to know about DM?

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Dhakdabba said:
Hello guys,
March 2015 application. I am the sponsor.
Got SA on July 5, 2016
Today I got an email from Cic saying that we are missing documents, so our application can't be processed until we send these documents. They have asked for my valid travel id or passport.
We are so confused. Why would they ask for sponsor's passport? Is this an error?
I m a Canadian passport holder. Should I send them my passport?

It says send it via case specific enquiry form. How can I send passport through case specific enquiry form.
Dhakdabba, you can scan the bio data page of your passport and attach it to the case specific enquiry.

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
Hi,

I am June 2nd 2015 candidate. I am still waiting for AIP but my current work permit going to expire on 31st october.

So I am going to apply work permit extension i.e. OWP using paper application. Can anyone please tell me how much is the fees I need to pay.

From online doc it looks like I need to pay $255. Please confirm.
Thanks

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
HI Experts,

Also please confirm if this is the correct address for sending paper OWP application

Send your application to:
Citizenship and Immigration - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6