AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
kimiz said:
Hello all,

Today I finally got the sponsor approval email and my husband received an email asking for medical and proof of cohabitation. I have two questions,

1-In the email for medical it is stated that instructions to do the medical is issued in a separate letter while we have not received anything else. Can you please guide us with the steps to be taken for medical procedure for inland sponsorship applications?

2- For proof of cohabitation as the document to be sent they asked to send it via case specific enquiry so there is no need to do so by Canada post to the immigration office, right???

I appreciate your help
Congrats! When did you apply?

kimiz

Apr 14, 2016
zumbagirl said:
congrats!

1, you dont need any specific instruction. Just find a E medical enabled designated doctor in your area and have the medicals completed.
2, if the asked for electronic submission, you dont need paper (canada post ) submission. just pay attention to the file size as it is quite small the allowed max file size, only a few Mb. (ie dont scan your documents with very high resolution!)

cheers
ZumbaG
Thanks a lot Zumbagirl,

Regarding to the medical since we did not receive medical report form (IMM 1017), my concern is that it may be a perquisite to do the test. Do you have any info about that for those who did not send the medical upfront?

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Landed on Friday, 5th August 2016.

I would like to express my gratitude to each one of you on this forum for contributing to the successful processing of my application.
I am a daily visitor of this thread ever since the time I joined and had it not been for this forum, I wouldn't have had a smooth progress in each stage of application processing.
Timelines from the spreadsheet, posts from the co-inland applicants, information and tips shared by the senior forum members were all of great help. Once again thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart :) :-*

Wish you all a speedy processing !!!

P.S I would like to do my bit to the current/future applicants by whatever help & info I may be able to provide.

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
zumbagirl said:
did you like the animation ??? I feel like a 5 year old playing with it
Yes, I did :D
I myself am a fan of the emoticons and animations. Cheers to bringing the kid out in you !

filwcy

Sep 19, 2015
Dear all, I need your advice :'(

CIC requested police certificate from Hong Kong on May 14. According to Hong Kong Police, the certificate will be mailed to CIC directly. I applied for the certificate and told them to mail it to CPC-M (the same address to which I sent my PR application package). As the police would process the application within 4 weeks, I also request a deadline extension from CIC which was granted to July 28. Before July 28, I submitted two case specific inquiries to provide the evidence I have applied for police certificate and told them to check the incoming mail for the certificate. No further correspondence from CIC then, even no acknowledge receipts of the inquiries.

1. The police confirmed via email that the certificate was issued to CPC-M on June 14.
2. CIC was still waiting for the Police Certificate according to the GCMS notes generated on July 13.
3. I called CIC today and the agent said the police certificate is not on file.

What should I do now? I have no idea whether the certificate is missing or it's waiting in line to be processed by CIC. Should I ask the Hong Kong Police to send another certificate to their correspondence address?

Thank you guys :)

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
Fly2016Canada said:
Landed on Friday, 5th August 2016.

I would like to express my gratitude to each one of you on this forum for contributing to the successful processing of my application.
I am a daily visitor of this thread ever since the time I joined and had it not been for this forum, I wouldn't have had a smooth progress in each stage of application processing.
Timelines from the spreadsheet, posts from the co-inland applicants, information and tips shared by the senior forum members were all of great help. Once again thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart :) :-*

Wish you all a speedy processing !!!

P.S I would like to do my bit to the current/future applicants by whatever help & info I may be able to provide.
Congrats!
ZumbaG

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
kimiz said:
Thanks a lot Zumbagirl,

Regarding to the medical since we did not receive medical report form (IMM 1017), my concern is that it may be a perquisite to do the test. Do you have any info about that for those who did not send the medical upfront?
You can call CIC and have them send you the IMM1017

I was trying to do the semi-upfront medical (do medical before CIC requested it). Funny thing is, the day after I did my medical CIC sent me the request along with IMM1017 (with IME number on it)

If you do the medical without an IMM1017 form, make sure you scan the e-medical page (with the UMI number) and send it to CIC via case specific inquiry.

sarah666

Oct 29, 2015
Dear all, I really need your advice as I find myself in a predicament.

I did not do upfront medical and have not received a request yet. I am now 10 weeks pregnant and my doctor has advised me to not have any xray work done due to potential damage to the baby. What should I do? Can I say this to CIC when I get the medical request? Is it possible to do medical without xrays?

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
foxlink said:
apr 2015 app, still waiting... :'(
when was the last time CIC contacted you?

I am April applicant too and has been just on the phone with CIC. They were very polite and said my application is in the special program for reducing backlog and processing time. It turned out 30 000 applications are in that program so my guess is all the March-August applicants are generally part of it, but this way it sounds better:) ...Anyways I was told the application is going toward AIP ( which is quite a general statement, since all applications are heading there) and I did not receive any additional info only what I can see under my linked account already (that the background check is in progress.)

anyways you might want to call CIC and ask your MP to contact them as well.

moanie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
GG_wife said:
when was the last time CIC contacted you?

I am April applicant too and has been just on the phone with CIC. They were very polite and said my application is in the special program for reducing backlog and processing time. It turned out 30 000 applications are in that program so my guess is all the March-August applicants are generally part of it, but this way it sounds better:) ...Anyways I was told the application is going toward AIP ( which is quite a general statement, since all applications are heading there) and I did not receive any additional info only what I can see under my linked account already (that the background check is in progress.)

anyways you might want to call CIC and ask your MP to contact them as well.
[/quote

I am in a similar boat. April 29 applicant so almost at 16 months here and still no AIP/Sponsorship approval. I guess waiting until August 29 then phoning to complain we are past normal processing time. Not much else you can do!

pinkbug

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
Police Certificate 06-07-2016 PCC submitted: 02-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2015
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
15-06-2016
Med's Done....
30-06-2016
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
sarah666 said:
Dear all, I really need your advice as I find myself in a predicament.

I did not do upfront medical and have not received a request yet. I am now 10 weeks pregnant and my doctor has advised me to not have any xray work done due to potential damage to the baby. What should I do? Can I say this to CIC when I get the medical request? Is it possible to do medical without xrays?
First of all Congratulations on your pregnancy..
I am on my 33rd weeks of pregnancy when I received my medical request,as we didn't do upfront as well.
I ask my OB if it is safe to do a chest x-ray for my application and she said "yes" provided that they will shield my tummy
when they do my x-ray. Or you can do the rest of the medical and your x-ray will be done once the baby is born.