App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016
Med's Request
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-06-2016
Just wanted to add to this thread that we received an email stating my husband's inland application (applied Nov 2015) has been completed and that we will get a call from the Etobicoke office to schedule landing. Very happy! Does anyone know how long it takes to receive that call?

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Please update the spreadsheet

I have received DM letter today. Hurray !!!
;D ;D

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ponga said:
Did you sign and re-send the OWP? If you did, it was probably denied because you would have then been out of status when it was received by CIC the second time.

You have two options:

1. If you had already submitted medical and PCC, before they issued your AIP...do nothing. There's a good chance that you will get DM soon, since CIC has started to pick up the pace!

2. Submit a new OWP and pay the $255 again. Because you would be eligible for the `normal' OWP, it would probably take ~ 4-6 weeks, but...strongly consider option #1. ;)

You've waited this long; it would be a shame to pay for the OWP [again], only to get DM and your landing interview/appointment letter before the OWP has even been processed.

Good luck!
Thank you ponga this information will help me as well... But u have a question I have already submitted my OWP application along with PR n I paid the 100$ which I failed to pay n CIC acknowledged that so if I get AIP my OWP will be processed at the same time or it takes time?

Jambs

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg MB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
update at my end got an email from CIC today 7/14/2016 informing me that the processing of my application is complete and CIC winnipeg will contact me to arrange an appointment for finalization of my PR and I only need to bring my passport.

Is this AIP or DM?

Thanks.

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
vancouvernick said:
I submitted a case specific enquiry (common law stat declaration) about 10 days ago but I am not going to worry too much...

I submitted my semi-"upfront" medical back in May and I received an email 11 days later saying it has been attached to the file. But it took the officer another 20 days to send me any emails/request...so I won't get bothered with whether it took them CIC 10 or 15 days to attach the document i submitted to my file

FYI, the call centre is the one handling the case specific enquiry. On the GCMS note I received, it is clear that an agent in the call centre added my medical to my file...so...ironically the more you (and all people collectively) call the call centre the less resources CIC will have to process the case specific enquiry. And frankly I don't understand why people panic when it took CIC 13 days instead of 10 days to process the enquiry.

and I am not sure whether it's just luck or because I was talking soft and polite, I called the call centre the day after I submitted the semi-upfront medical through case specific enquiry because I wasn't sure I did it right, the agent was kind enough to look into my file and my case specific enquiry and then ensured me that they have all they want from me.

My guess is that because they have dramatically sped up stage 1 approval (sponsor approval), many requests for documents (meds or CSQ or other things) were probably sent out and the call centre is handling more submission than before. It doesn't help with Mar-Aug 2015 applicants submitting enquiries and call them either I guess.

As for the Mar-Aug 2015 applicants, it does seem unfair that they are being processed slower than even 2016 applicants. If you have been following this thread daily as I did, you will probably understand what has happened: the processing centre Vegreville (CPC-V) used to handle both study/work permits PLUS family class PR application, and then in 2014 CIC decided to transfer all family class applications to CPC-M for faster processing. I guess CPC-M got slowed down by the wave of refugee applications and with the promise of reuniting families made by Trudeau, they decided to ship back a batch of applications to CPC-V and the CPC-M therefore skipped to September applications (see some of the posts from about 2 or 3 weeks ago about mentioning their files being transferred to CIC-V). I guess they were hoping CPC-V and CPC-M would process applications simultaneously...which theoretically should double the processing speed. But it seems it took CPC-V a long time to get back to it's old job and is slow in processing applications (it's not like Mar-Aug applications don't get processed, but just slow...)

I am not sure whether understanding the situation will make Mar-Aug applicants feel better...nevertheless that's what I think is happening based on what I read here...
Very good analysis, thank you vancouvernick. :)

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Jambs said:
update at my end got an email from CIC today 7/14/2016 informing me that the processing of my application is complete and CIC winnipeg will contact me to arrange an appointment for finalization of my PR and I only need to bring my passport.

Is this AIP or DM?

Thanks.
It's DM, congrats! :)

life_life

Apr 23, 2016
Fly2016Canada said:
Please update the spreadsheet

I have received DM letter today. Hurray !!!
;D ;D
Congrats!
Can you tell me how you sent fingerprint result to CIC and when you sent it ? We have pretty same cases. I got AIP and fingerprint request on May 24. RCMP sent fingerprint result to me, then I scanned it and sent the scanned copy to CIC via Case Sepecific Enquiry as CIC instructed me in the letter they sent to me. CIC sent me an email confirming that they got that document after 15 days since I sent the document to them. It has been 1 month since I sent fingerprint result via Case Specific Enquiry and 16 days since they confirmed they got it. I am still waiting DM :(

chenqichun

Jul 22, 2015
May 2015 applicant, CIC request Police Certificate in June 16, sent it in last week through UPS, today we received an email from CPC-V acknowledging receipt of requested documents. Hopefully they will continue to process our case.

Browngirl03

Jul 13, 2016
Need Help- Letter from CIC

I am a sponsoring my husband. we got married last year and living with each other since we got married. we have a joint bank account with each other, lease agreement, Driving license with same address. we only have text message regarding when you be home, since we live with each other. we do have pictures of us together, going hiking and stuff, but not that many pictures with friends or family. since both our families live over seas and our friends are not into outdoor activities.
As for the statutory declarations of individuals with personal knowledge that your
relationship is genuine, we can get about 6 of them. Is this all good enough?

Thank you for all your help in advance :)

Proof of Relationship and Cohabitation: Please provide proof of relationship and
cohabitation: Evidence of cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse or
partner is cohabiting with their sponsor which may include: Joint bank accounts or credit cards, Joint
ownership of residential property, Joint residential leases, Joint rental receipts, Joint utilities accounts
(electricity, gas, telephone), Important documents of both parties show the same address, for
example, identification documents, driver’s licenses, insurance policies, etc.. Please also provide
text/chat conversation logs, gathering and outing photographs with family/friends. Other supporting
documentation such as statutory declarations of individuals with personal knowledge that your
relationship is genuine and continuing may be considered. Please do not send any electronic media
items, such as CDs, DVDs, or VHStapes This must be received at this office by:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Browngirl03 said:
Need Help- Letter from CIC

I am a sponsoring my husband. we got married last year and living with each other since we got married. we have a joint bank account with each other, lease agreement, Driving license with same address. we only have text message regarding when you be home, since we live with each other. we do have pictures of us together, going hiking and stuff, but not that many pictures with friends or family. since both our families live over seas and our friends are not into outdoor activities.
As for the statutory declarations of individuals with personal knowledge that your
relationship is genuine, we can get about 6 of them. Is this all good enough?

Thank you for all your help in advance :)

Proof of Relationship and Cohabitation: Please provide proof of relationship and
cohabitation: Evidence of cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse or
partner is cohabiting with their sponsor which may include: Joint bank accounts or credit cards, Joint
ownership of residential property, Joint residential leases, Joint rental receipts, Joint utilities accounts
(electricity, gas, telephone), Important documents of both parties show the same address, for
example, identification documents, driver’s licenses, insurance policies, etc.. Please also provide
text/chat conversation logs, gathering and outing photographs with family/friends. Other supporting
documentation such as statutory declarations of individuals with personal knowledge that your
relationship is genuine and continuing may be considered. Please do not send any electronic media
items, such as CDs, DVDs, or VHStapes This must be received at this office by:
Normally, evidence of cohabitation would not be required for a married couple, unlike a Common-Law applicant. Because you have submitted an Inland application, you do need to provide evidence.

The items that you have listed sound fine, but...didn't you already send that with the application?

sarah666

Oct 29, 2015
Hi all

My husband sponsored me for PR (spousal, inland) in late January 2016. He received sponsor approval in first week of July 2016 and I received the letter saying I have met eligibility requirements but they still need to do medical / background check etc. I understand that the letter I received is 'Approval in Principle'.

I have a couple of questions:

1) I have not completed the medical check up front so didn't send it with my initial application. Should I get that done and just send it, will they add it to my file OR do I have to wait for them to tell me to get the medical done?

2) I had an issue with my application, I had done something silly and got a caution from the police in the UK. I declared all of this on my application and also sent them police certificate. Can I assume that this was not a problem since I have received AIP?

Thanks in advance everyone :) Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us :)

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
sarah666 said:
Hi all

My husband sponsored me for PR (spousal, inland) in late January 2016. He received sponsor approval in first week of July 2016 and I received the letter saying I have met eligibility requirements but they still need to do medical / background check etc. I understand that the letter I received is 'Approval in Principle'.

1) I have not completed the medical check up front so didn't send it with my initial application. Should I get that done and just send it, will they add it to my file OR do I have to wait for them to tell me to get the medical done?

2) I had an issue with my application, I had done something silly and got a caution from the police in the UK. I declared all of this on my application and also sent them police certificate. Can I assume that this was not a problem since I have received AIP?

congrats to your quick process!!

go do your medicals. find a doctor who could do E-medicals (upload your info directly to immigration)

no clue on this. i think the principle is whether the offense is considered criminal in Canada or not. at this point actually i dont think that they have looked at your police certificate yet.

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
sarah666 said:
Hi all

is your offense in the UK serious? During your landing interview they will ask you if anything has changed after you submitted the documents...you need to be honest with CIC otherwise if they find out later they could take your PR away even if you had it for a while

sarah666

Oct 29, 2015
vancouvernick said:
is your offense in the UK serious? During your landing interview they will ask you if anything has changed after you submitted the documents...you need to be honest with CIC otherwise if they find out later they could take your PR away even if you had it for a while
No, it wasn't that serious, I got a caution which is basically, I was never charged with anything or convicted, never had to go to court or anything. Just had to give the money back to the retailer. I have already explained all of it in my application and had also sent the police certificate (which included the offence) so they have seen all of it. Logic tells me that if they read everything on my application and then still sent me the AIP then I'm probably fine but you never know with these things.

Just to give a bit of background, a caution is not a conviction and it is given for basic, first time offenses to people who are otherwise good members of society. Under the UK rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974, this becomes 'spent' immediately, which is an equivalent to a pardon except that the don't delete the record but they forgive you, there is not further action. You get a caution, sign that you agree that you were cautioned and move on with life.

sarah666

Oct 29, 2015
zumbagirl said:
congrats to your quick process!!

go do your medicals. find a doctor who could do E-medicals (upload your info directly to immigration)

no clue on this. i think the principle is whether the offense is considered criminal in Canada or not. at this point actually i dont think that they have looked at your police certificate yet.

Thank you Zumbagirl, will find a doctor tomorrow. I had also mentioned the offence in my application in one of the answers to a question along the lines of ' have you ever been arrested...' so I'm really hoping that they did see at least that part.