07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
chrismgallen said:
Here's a quote from the CIC website if you're looking for a good laugh (emphasis added): "Applications are processed in the order in which they arrive. Some take longer to process than others. There is no maximum time frame for reviewing an application"

I would find it incredibly difficult to believe that ALL applications prior to September 2015 are considered to be ones that will take longer to process but what do I know...

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=032&top=3)
Someone needs to tell them it's no longer April Fools and that they can remove that joke of a statement from their website...cause they clearly do not process them in order :) :-\

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
was hoping to terms with the fact that they're processing a few months ahead of me but now 2016 applicants are also getting responses!! WTH!

this is just unbelievable - helpless and frustrated!

km9203 said:
Someone needs to tell them it's no longer April Fools and that they can remove that joke of a statement from their website...cause they clearly do not process them in order :) :-\

Jun 10, 2016
hello am on the final stage for inland spousal application (the review stage) i called in today and the agent told me that my application is at the final review stage
Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: passed
background check: passed
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time

am at the Final review stage now and i wanted to know how long do i have to wait to to receive a decision made from here
Final decision: Not Started

moanie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
zumbagirl said:
if any solace we have never, ever got any response from CIC after a case specific inquire. not in 10 days. EVER...
I have had the same experience with the case specific enquiry, no response what so ever. I am going to phone cic today and see what they say.

makcurly

Apr 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-07-2016
Hi Guys,
I am August, 2015 applicant. I received SA ans AIP. But i have no workpermit. I was out of status and i applied for restoration of status as well as i paid fee for OWP in November. Can anyone help me what should i do? ??? Do i have to apply for work permit again? ???

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
makcurly said:
Hi Guys,
I am August, 2015 applicant. I received SA ans AIP. But i have no workpermit. I was out of status and i applied for restoration of status as well as i paid fee for OWP in November. Can anyone help me what should i do? ??? Do i have to apply for work permit again? ???
When did u get AIP. They start processing ur OWP only after u get ur AIP

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makcurly said:
Hi Guys,
Need more information.

How long had you been out of status before you applied for ROS? Was it within 90days?

Was the ROS denied?

When did you receive AIP?

moanie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
moanie said:
I have had the same experience with the case specific enquiry, no response what so ever. I am going to phone cic today and see what they say.
Just phoned and the agent couldn't tell me if anything was received or attached to our file or anything. She said she will only look into it if it goes over the normal processing times. :(

makcurly

Apr 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-07-2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
When did u get AIP. They start processing ur OWP only after u get ur AIP
Ponga said:
Need more information.

How long had you been out of status before you applied for ROS? Was it within 90days?

Was the ROS denied?

I subbmitted my file in august 2015 with owp application. But my owp file was returned to me because i forgot to sign it. :'(
when the owp was sent back to me i was out of status but was within 90 days.

I recieved AIP Yesterday.. how long does it take for owp to come?
I hate sitting at home.. :-X

makcurly

Apr 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-07-2016
Ponga said:
Need more information.

Was the ROS denied?

I subbmitted my file in august 2015 with owp application. But my owp file was returned to me because i forgot to sign it. Cry

I hate sitting at home.. Lips sealed

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I subbmitted my file in august 2015 with owp application. But my owp file was returned to me because i forgot to sign it. :'(

I hate sitting at home.. :-X
Did you sign and re-send the OWP? If you did, it was probably denied because you would have then been out of status when it was received by CIC the second time.

You have two options:

1. If you had already submitted medical and PCC, before they issued your AIP...do nothing. There's a good chance that you will get DM soon, since CIC has started to pick up the pace!

2. Submit a new OWP and pay the $255 again. Because you would be eligible for the `normal' OWP, it would probably take ~ 4-6 weeks, but...strongly consider option #1. ;)

You've waited this long; it would be a shame to pay for the OWP [again], only to get DM and your landing interview/appointment letter before the OWP has even been processed.

Good luck!

makcurly

Apr 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-07-2016
Ponga said:
Did you sign and re-send the OWP? If you did, it was probably denied because you would have then been out of status when it was received by CIC the second time.

You have two options:

1. If you had already submitted medical and PCC, before they issued your AIP...do nothing. There's a good chance that you will get DM soon, since CIC has started to pick up the pace!

2. Submit a new OWP and pay the $255 again. Because you would be eligible for the `normal' OWP, it would probably take ~ 4-6 weeks, but...strongly consider option #1. ;)

You've waited this long; it would be a shame to pay for the OWP [again], only to get DM and your landing interview/appointment letter before the OWP has even been processed.

Good luck!

I dint do my medical yet. should i submit it upfront. I submitted PCC with the application.

Thank you for your advice Ponga. You have always been helpful to people. Appreciate it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, schedule your medical ASAP. Make sure the panel physician that you choose uses the eMedical system.

This will probably delay you receiving your DM letter.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
on the 2016 spreadsheet I have noticed that a bunch (about 20) people got SA and about dozen people AIP already. talk about random processing...

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
moanie said:
Just phoned and the agent couldn't tell me if anything was received or attached to our file or anything. She said she will only look into it if it goes over the normal processing times. :(
I submitted a case specific enquiry (common law stat declaration) about 10 days ago but I am not going to worry too much...

I submitted my semi-"upfront" medical back in May and I received an email 11 days later saying it has been attached to the file. But it took the officer another 20 days to send me any emails/request...so I won't get bothered with whether it took them CIC 10 or 15 days to attach the document i submitted to my file

FYI, the call centre is the one handling the case specific enquiry. On the GCMS note I received, it is clear that an agent in the call centre added my medical to my file...so...ironically the more you (and all people collectively) call the call centre the less resources CIC will have to process the case specific enquiry. And frankly I don't understand why people panic when it took CIC 13 days instead of 10 days to process the enquiry.

and I am not sure whether it's just luck or because I was talking soft and polite, I called the call centre the day after I submitted the semi-upfront medical through case specific enquiry because I wasn't sure I did it right, the agent was kind enough to look into my file and my case specific enquiry and then ensured me that they have all they want from me.

My guess is that because they have dramatically sped up stage 1 approval (sponsor approval), many requests for documents (meds or CSQ or other things) were probably sent out and the call centre is handling more submission than before. It doesn't help with Mar-Aug 2015 applicants submitting enquiries and call them either I guess.

As for the Mar-Aug 2015 applicants, it does seem unfair that they are being processed slower than even 2016 applicants. If you have been following this thread daily as I did, you will probably understand what has happened: the processing centre Vegreville (CPC-V) used to handle both study/work permits PLUS family class PR application, and then in 2014 CIC decided to transfer all family class applications to CPC-M for faster processing. I guess CPC-M got slowed down by the wave of refugee applications and with the promise of reuniting families made by Trudeau, they decided to ship back a batch of applications to CPC-V and the CPC-M therefore skipped to September applications (see some of the posts from about 2 or 3 weeks ago about mentioning their files being transferred to CIC-V). I guess they were hoping CPC-V and CPC-M would process applications simultaneously...which theoretically should double the processing speed. But it seems it took CPC-V a long time to get back to it's old job and is slow in processing applications (it's not like Mar-Aug applications don't get processed, but just slow...)

I am not sure whether understanding the situation will make Mar-Aug applicants feel better...nevertheless that's what I think is happening based on what I read here...