+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

fsuhail

Dec 19, 2015
I called CIC on the 4th of July to ask if there was any update on my application. They said a correspondence was sent out on June 17th. My lawyers said they did not receive any correspondence. I am inclined to believe my lawyer.

We put in a request for CIC to resend this correspondence. Lawyers received it today. It was for a Police Check from the UAE.

I came to Canada on a study permit when I was 17 and have never left for longer than a month. Canada has always been my primary country of residence since and now they ask for a Police Check from the UAE.

But what do you guys think would be the right course of action here. Call CIC or write out a Case Specific Enquiry asking why I would need a Police Check from UAE?

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Ponga said:
Contact your local MP's office ASAP (like today). Since you cannot appeal an Inland refusal, s/he is your best chance in getting CIC to at least look for the documents that you've already submitted, and re-opening your file.

Good luck!

Thanks guys for this wonderful advice...After closing my file and saying they would return my money....I got letter today saying that they have reopened my file.This happened after intervention from the MPs office.They said i send additional documents which i sent before abut disappeared.

Am also a July applicant...They also fax new medical forms to my Dr. They said since am over 600km from the nearest panel physician my family Dr. should do it...Just an update on my dilema......Thanks..G.L

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
fsuhail said:
I called CIC on the 4th of July to ask if there was any update on my application. They said a correspondence was sent out on June 17th. My lawyers said they did not receive any correspondence. I am inclined to believe my lawyer.

We put in a request for CIC to resend this correspondence. Lawyers received it today. It was for a Police Check from the UAE.

I came to Canada on a study permit when I was 17 and have never left for longer than a month. Canada has always been my primary country of residence since and now they ask for a Police Check from the UAE.

But what do you guys think would be the right course of action here. Call CIC or write out a Case Specific Enquiry asking why I would need a Police Check from UAE?
I would call CIC on Monday. And then if you do not get anywhere, submit the Case Specific Enquiry. I asked a question on Case Specific Enquiry and got a "we're looking into and will get back to you when we have info" message after just over 2 weeks and now it's been a week more and still haven't heard.

fsuhail

Dec 19, 2015
simpsol22 said:
I would call CIC on Monday. And then if you do not get anywhere, submit the Case Specific Enquiry. I asked a question on Case Specific Enquiry and got a "we're looking into and will get back to you when we have info" message after just over 2 weeks and now it's been a week more and still haven't heard.

Cool, yes I'll do that. Its just frustrating as to why they would ask for a PCC when as per their own rules I don't even need one. They even ask you on one of the many forms you fill out this exact thing,
"Police certificates for the every country in which you and any dependants, whether accompanying or not, have resided for at least 6 months or more during the past 10 years, or since the age of 18, whichever comes first."

It just shows that they haven't gone through you app. Its just another way of stalling to make it seem like they are working on your app, when they actually aren't.

Mumay1829

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Open Permit Received Issued on May 20 and received on May 30
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 19, 2014- CIC received Dec 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
PCI request on May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 27, 2015
Med's Request
March 20, 2016
Med's Done....
March 29, 2016- Received from ECAS
Interview........
July 14, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016 :) Yaaaaas
Hello Everyone,

My hubby has a landing interview next week July 14, 2016, however we are still waiting for his passport to return from US embassy as we applied US Visa. Is it ok to go to our landing interview without his passport. What we have to do next. We are worried if we reschedule our appointment as we are leaving on holiday on august.

Please if anyone can assist me that would be awesome.

Thank you

Lons

May 15, 2016
fsuhail said:
Cool, yes I'll do that. Its just frustrating as to why they would ask for a PCC when as per their own rules I don't even need one. They even ask you on one of the many forms you fill out this exact thing,
"Police certificates for the every country in which you and any dependants, whether accompanying or not, have resided for at least 6 months or more during the past 10 years, or since the age of 18, whichever comes first."

It just shows that they haven't gone through you app. Its just another way of stalling to make it seem like they are working on your app, when they actually aren't.
I don't know that you'll get anywhere arguing with CIC about whether or not you need a PCC. Generally, if they request something, you should do what you can to send it. By all means, call, but I would also look into what it would take to get the PCC and how long that would take. CIC gives you 30 days to send things in, usually, and they don't respond to case-specific enquiries for 10 business days (so 14 days including weekends, which is half of the deadline to send the PCC). If you can't get the PCC in 30 days, you should explain to them why it will take longer and that you're in the process of providing it for them.

bella6565

Mar 5, 2016
Hi !

Can the spreadsheet please be updated :)

bella6565
APP RECIEVED: OCT 27 2015
AOR RECIEVED: APR 14 2016
SA:MAY 27 2016
FULL AIP: MAY 27 2016
MEDS REQUEST:MAY 26 2016
MEDS DONE: JUNE 10 2016
DM: JULY 6 2016

OWP SENT WITH APP
OWP RECIEVED: FEB 22 2016

waiting for a landing appointment from the Etobicoke office :)

Glen86

Aug 18, 2015
Montreal
Hi everyone,

I’d like to share my experience with you guys. I had so many questions while waiting for my PR. I read numerous threads but most of them were old or slightly different from my situation.

My application was received in January 2015. Medical results obtained in November 2014. I didn’t have to provide new medical results. Sponsorship approval received last March 2016 and proof of relationship and communication requested at the same time. I thought I provided everything I had so I was a bit worried. I didn’t know what else to give! I wrote a letter explaining my situation with a detailed timeline in appendix (how we met, how the relationship developed, explanations on why I couldn’t provide certain proof etc.). I provided a friend’s testimonial, all digital communications I had (Facebook chat, emails etc. even if it was private conversations – nothing too personal though) I fortunately didn’t clear my history and so grateful for that!

Last May 2016, I received the AIP and the DM a day after. I read a lot of discussions about travelling outside of Canada and I remained in Canada because of the risks of leaving the country. However, we really needed some vacations, so after the DM, we booked a trip to Cuba for the end of June. We decided to take the risk hoping that the DM would be enough proof.
But in on June 13th, 2016, I received the PR landing appointment for June 28 by email, exactly when I was supposed to leave for Cuba! I emailed CIC back explaining why I couldn’t attend the interview and provided my availability. The appointment was rescheduled a week before the initial one on June 21st.

So I landed last June 21st. I was so happy! The CIC agent told me that I would receive my PR card within 2 months but couldn’t travel without my PR card. Panic! I unfortunately couldn’t cancel my trip or I would have to lose my plane tickets. The CIC agent told me that I could have traveled before the PR landing with my open work permit though (really???!). She then told me that I could get a travel document at the Canadian embassy at La Havana to be able to come back to Canada.

For those who’d like to know more about it, I contacted the Canadian embassy in Cuba by email beforehand to gather information that was not on the CIC website. They told me what to bring along etc. So we decided to go to Cuba and rented a taxi and went at the embassy when it opened on Monday at 8.30 AM. (Note: you need to get a certified check or bank draft because Canadian checks are not valid, and also you need to print the filled form. No hand written document is accepted – it will save you some stress… I learned that the hard way that very day but managed to gather everything on time). The application had to be submitted before 11 AM for it to be processed within a day. I had to go back at 3 PM to get the travel document. I was so relieved.

On the way back to Canada, the customs officer knew I was a permanent resident without my PR card and looked for my travel document in my passport, then crossed it out and I could enter back to Canada.
I should receive my PR card next month. I really can’t wait! I hope that my experience will help answering some of the questions you might have!

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
bella6565 said:
Hi !

Can the spreadsheet please be updated :)

bella6565
APP RECIEVED: OCT 27 2015
AOR RECIEVED: APR 14 2016
SA:MAY 27 2016
FULL AIP: MAY 27 2016
MEDS REQUEST:MAY 26 2016
MEDS DONE: JUNE 10 2016
DM: JULY 6 2016

OWP SENT WITH APP
OWP RECIEVED: FEB 22 2016

waiting for a landing appointment from the Etobicoke office :)
Congrats on DM!! :) Spreadsheet updated!

Sammyk240

Jun 28, 2015
Glen86 said:
Hi everyone,

I’d like to share my experience with you guys. I had so many questions while waiting for my PR. I read numerous threads but most of them were old or slightly different from my situation.

My application was received in January 2015. Medical results obtained in November 2014. I didn’t have to provide new medical results. Sponsorship approval received last March 2016 and proof of relationship and communication requested at the same time. I thought I provided everything I had so I was a bit worried. I didn’t know what else to give! I wrote a letter explaining my situation with a detailed timeline in appendix (how we met, how the relationship developed, explanations on why I couldn’t provide certain proof etc.). I provided a friend’s testimonial, all digital communications I had (Facebook chat, emails etc. even if it was private conversations – nothing too personal though) I fortunately didn’t clear my history and so grateful for that!

Last May 2016, I received the AIP and the DM a day after. I read a lot of discussions about travelling outside of Canada and I remained in Canada because of the risks of leaving the country. However, we really needed some vacations, so after the DM, we booked a trip to Cuba for the end of June. We decided to take the risk hoping that the DM would be enough proof.
But in on June 13th, 2016, I received the PR landing appointment for June 28 by email, exactly when I was supposed to leave for Cuba! I emailed CIC back explaining why I couldn’t attend the interview and provided my availability. The appointment was rescheduled a week before the initial one on June 21st.

So I landed last June 21st. I was so happy! The CIC agent told me that I would receive my PR card within 2 months but couldn’t travel without my PR card. Panic! I unfortunately couldn’t cancel my trip or I would have to lose my plane tickets. The CIC agent told me that I could have traveled before the PR landing with my open work permit though (really???!). She then told me that I could get a travel document at the Canadian embassy at La Havana to be able to come back to Canada.

For those who’d like to know more about it, I contacted the Canadian embassy in Cuba by email beforehand to gather information that was not on the CIC website. They told me what to bring along etc. So we decided to go to Cuba and rented a taxi and went at the embassy when it opened on Monday at 8.30 AM. (Note: you need to get a certified check or bank draft because Canadian checks are not valid, and also you need to print the filled form. No hand written document is accepted – it will save you some stress… I learned that the hard way that very day but managed to gather everything on time). The application had to be submitted before 11 AM for it to be processed within a day. I had to go back at 3 PM to get the travel document. I was so relieved.

On the way back to Canada, the customs officer knew I was a permanent resident without my PR card and looked for my travel document in my passport, then crossed it out and I could enter back to Canada.
I should receive my PR card next month. I really can’t wait! I hope that my experience will help answering some of the questions you might have!
@Glen86 Thanks for this! We have a trip planned and may get an interview before then, exactly what form did you need to fill out?

Thanks!

Glen86

Aug 18, 2015
Montreal
Sammyk240 said:
@Glen86 Thanks for this! We have a trip planned and may get an interview before then, exactly what form did you need to fill out?

Thanks!
Hi Sammyk240,

It is the form IMM5524E and Checklist IMM5627E. More information at [www].cic[.]gc[.]ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp.
Note that I gave the details of what I've been doing over the past 5 years instead of what I've been doing from the time I became a permanent resident to present (too few days).

Sammyk240

Jun 28, 2015
Glen86 said:
Hi Sammyk240,

It is the form IMM5524E and Checklist IMM5627E. More information at [www].cic[.]gc[.]ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp.
Note that I gave the details of what I've been doing over the past 5 years instead of what I've been doing from the time I became a permanent resident to present (too few days).
Great, thanks so much!

moanie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
I used the IRCC web form this morning to submit my fiancés police certificate and I did not receive a confirmation email as I have in the past. Should I be concerned? It looks like they update the form so maybe they don't do that anymore?

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
moanie said:
I used the IRCC web form this morning to submit my fiancés police certificate and I did not receive a confirmation email as I have in the past. Should I be concerned? It looks like they update the form so maybe they don't do that anymore?
When was ur application received? So ur not sending the original PCC by post? I also got the PCC request I have mailed it waiting for the original to reach here to send it by post.

moanie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
When was ur application received? So ur not sending the original PCC by post? I also got the PCC request I have mailed it waiting for the original to reach here to send it by post.
The police clearance isn't sealed and isn't on any special paper or anything so send it via web form as I was worried about the pending postal strike.