+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Hi, I was asked to submit updated Indian PCC as of Indian rule if the person is not in the country they won't issue one with photo, is that ok? And did anybody here from them after submitting the PCC?

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
JoyG said:
REPOSTING

Hello Everyone,

I have a interview set for July 13 for my PR landing on spousal sponsorship application. I understand it takes between a month or two to receive the PR card in mail. My question is, is it advisable to travel out of country before receiving the PR card? I have a valid canadian visa and work permit.

I'd really appreciate if someone could enlighten me on this. Thanks :)
My husband landed yesterday and they advised him not to travel outside of Canada until the PR Card arrives. Technically work permit is now void she said as he is a permanent resident and can legally work in Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence document also has "Not Valid for Travel" watermarked on it. We are just going to wait it out until the card arrives before travelling to Korea (which may be a while thanks to Canada Post striking!)

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
Pacino12 said:
Is there a way of knowing for sure that all my documents were sent via case specific enquiry ? It said it was successfully sent but there was no confirmation number or anything of the sort ... Deadline for sending documents is fast approaching and it said the website was doing maintenance I am afraid of errors happening.
When you submit something using the Case Specific Enquiry. You'll have to wait about 2 weeks to get a response from the CIC staff. If you are in a rush, I would suggest that you call and enquire directly.

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
prettyAKO said:
hi everyone, Nov 2015 applicant here June 2 med request, i did my medical June 8 , I have 2 dependents my kids, I haven't receive their medical request, is it normal? It's more than a month after they request my medical, is anyone there had same situation as mine?? Please share, thanks
Hi kabayan, my situation is a bit different from urs. I got my medical done, so with my children, what we did was an UPFRONT medical,which did not require any medical referral from cic.If your kids don't have any referral, I am not sure if they can do up front medical like we did. I suggest you go to cic site and read about upfront medical

tiska16

Jul 6, 2016
erwinjohn997 said:
they transferred your application because they have some concerns in legitimate relationship to your sponsor. so just be prepared to the interview as they will decide if you teally have genuine relationship.
Hi Thanks for the suggestions. Do anyone have any idea about the processing time of Edmonton office ?
Please suggest

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
angora said:
Thank you simpsol22! Yes, I ended up redoing the med exam, just to be safer. I don't want to put myself on risk...So far I haven't heard anything related to my upfront Med exam result. BTW, I feel like recently the CIC staff may have left for vacations...It seems that nobody gets DM recently stepping into July...

Good luck to everyone here
I haven't heard back on mine yet either. Did my "upfront" without request on June 4 and uploaded my form right away. Got the email 2 weeks later that my documents were attached to my file, but no change on ECAS. Yeah, I don't see any movement for May yet at all....and it's annoying the jumping around CIC is doing....couple in each month.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
vancouvernick said:
3 hours after I inquire about my GCMS note request, they sent me the GCMS note....the note shows it was generated on June 14 (11 days after I requested it)....what took them so long to just send it to me....
Nice! Glad you got them. When I ordered mine in the past, it was printed the same day and emailed 30 days later.

Curious - Does your notes mention anything about being part of the "Special program code: SIR" or that your file is selected for expediting under the backlog reduction plan?

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Hitesh_001 said:
Hi,

Can I apply for work permit extension even if I did not get AIP? Because my current work permit going to expire in October and I did not get my AIP yet.
Yes, you will want to apply for the Open Work Permit (application to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada). Since you have a valid status, you do not need to wait for AIP. You may be able to apply online since you already have a work permit (but I'm not 100% sure).

Skykiran

Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
angora said:
Hi Skykiran, Congratulations on your landing! May I ask when you mentioned "Condition 51", is that applied to outland applicants only, or it's applicable to all spousal applicants? Just for curiosity. ;)

Thank you!

Yes it is applicable to all spousal ,I was Inland...It is applicable for relationship less than 2 years when u applied PR or u dont have kids.

jims_89

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
October 16, 2017 Recieved
AOR Received.
Waiting
Pacino12 said:
Is there a way of knowing for sure that all my documents were sent via case specific enquiry ? It said it was successfully sent but there was no confirmation number or anything of the sort ... Deadline for sending documents is fast approaching and it said the website was doing maintenance I am afraid of errors happening.
We sent the documents via case specific enquiry and it was successfully sent then after few days i called CIC call centre agent and he said CIC doesn't send confirmation email regarding the receipt of the documents. STRANGELY after 2 weeks we received an email confirming that they received the documents. Weird but we were relieved.

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
cariie up said:
Hi kabayan, my situation is a bit different from urs. I got my medical done, so with my children, what we did was an UPFRONT medical,which did not require any medical referral from cic.If your kids don't have any referral, I am not sure if they can do up front medical like we did. I suggest you go to cic site and read about upfront medical
. You and your kids did the medical before you submit your application? Do you if my kids can do the medical without the cic request?

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
simpsol22 said:
Nice! Glad you got them. When I ordered mine in the past, it was printed the same day and emailed 30 days later.

Curious - Does your notes mention anything about being part of the "Special program code: SIR" or that your file is selected for expediting under the backlog reduction plan?
No I scanned it again and again still don't see the Special Program code SIR...

I submitted my meds and I requested the GCMS note on June 3rd, the note was generated on June 14th and on it there's a note made in February saying I have meds and another document missing...I got the request for that missing document on June 30th...sigh, if I have seen my note a bit earlier I could have send them the missing document and get DM on June 30th...

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
vancouvernick said:

I submitted my meds and I requested the GCMS note on June 3rd, the note was generated on June 14th and on it there's a note made in February saying I have meds and another document missing...I got the request for that missing document on June 30th...sigh, if I have seen my note a bit earlier I could have send them the missing document and get DM on June 30th...
So frustrating!

Ay Ne

Jan 14, 2016
Hello
Me and my partner had an interview this week at Vancouver office.
I am September 2015 applicant, medical request in May, 2016.
DM in last week of June. We received interview email 7 days before the actual interview date. I was worried since my police certificate was expired(big time... :eek:) but I did not leave Canada during these processes and they did not request one.
Interview was simple, making sure there's no changes etc. Very kind officer with makin some jokes as well... it went very smooth. He even shook our hands told us "congratulations you're permanent residence of Canada"

Good luck everyone!

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
vancouvernick said:

It would be on the first page of the notes if it's there. Mid way down... Special Program(s): ____

That's annoying the request was sent so late. My ECAS said we were sent AOR Dec. 24th, but didn't get it by email until Jan 21st. Nothing seems consistent.