+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Hi Guys,

I hope anyone can help me with this. So when you get your DM, CIC will contact you for an interview. Here is my question, do they just set a date for you and ask you to come that exact date or do they give some range of time so that you can choose when to go?
I'm planning a trip and not sure when CIC exactly calls for an interview and worried that i might be away when they send us email.

Best

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
zeloyyy said:
Hi Guys,

I hope anyone can help me with this. So when you get your DM, CIC will contact you for an interview. Here is my question, do they just set a date for you and ask you to come that exact date or do they give some range of time so that you can choose when to go?
I'm planning a trip and not sure when CIC exactly calls for an interview and worried that i might be away when they send us email.

Best
From what I have read on here, when you get the landing interview email, it will specify the exact date and time of your appointment. It is possible to then contact them to reschedule but it's best to go to the specified appointment. Also, sometimes the appointment is set within just a few days of when the email is sent so you don't want to miss that email.

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
sawadee-eh said:
From what I have read on here, when you get the landing interview email, it will specify the exact date and time of your appointment. It is possible to then contact them to reschedule but it's best to go to the specified appointment. Also, sometimes the appointment is set within just a few days of when the email is sent so you don't want to miss that email.

Oh I see, at least do they give some notice? I really hope they dont email us on Friday and calls for an interview on next Monday..something like that.
also once you are waiting for you PR card, can you ever travel outside of Canada? I heard once you have landing interview you actually HAVE TO WAIT until you get your PR card and wont be able to travel (as your workvisa or whatever will be cancelled) is this true?

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
zeloyyy said:
Oh I see, at least do they give some notice? I really hope they dont email us on Friday and calls for an interview on next Monday..something like that.
also once you are waiting for you PR card, can you ever travel outside of Canada? I heard once you have landing interview you actually HAVE TO WAIT until you get your PR card and wont be able to travel (as your workvisa or whatever will be cancelled) is this true?
Of course you can travel after landing and while waiting for your PR card. There are things to be aware of though. See here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-one-travel-on-copr-outside-canada-while-waiting-for-the-pr-card-t391958.0.html

Hope that helps!

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
zeloyyy said:
Vancouver is generally pretty quick....I've seen several have an interview within a week of getting DM.

life_life

Apr 23, 2016
I sent RMCP criminal clearance through Case Specific Enquire a week ago.

Do you know if CIC will send me an email confirming that they received the document and forwarded it to the officer who requested it ?
Do you know if we can use the ECAS to track if the document is updated/added to our file ?
Thank you very much!

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
I totally feel your pain! just really unfair. hopefully they will get around to doing earlier applications soon! hope someone from CIC is reading this!

btw...what does DM stand for?

schonkatze said:
I'm getting very anxious and also very upset about all this, I know we were all expecting to wait at least 17 months to get any first answer from CIC
but it just not fair that they started to process faster the applications and then they just skipped a bunch of applications...

I'm very pissed... :mad:
I was struggling to get my app sent ASAP so it would be processed sooner... but now I feel like if i have waited one month, only one more month, i would have DM by now...
:'(

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
malikhashmi said:
I totally feel your pain! just really unfair. hopefully they will get around to doing earlier applications soon! hope someone from CIC is reading this!

btw...what does DM stand for?
DM - Decision Made

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Thanks!

Now Super PISSED. I mean DM for November applicants and not even meds request for prior applicants!!

chrismgallen said:
DM - Decision Made

moanie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
binnie said:
According to 2014 spreadsheet, after November they may go back to Mar-Aug applications.
Well if that is true, then they are almost done the Nov. applicants and we will be processed soon!

Lizzy1987

Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2015
AOR Received.
18/11/2015, 21/04/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
01-31-2017
I just checked my Ecas today and it has a new line.. finally! 'Medical results have been received' I did my up front medical exam June 6th, 2015.. right around one year ago. My husband and I are wanting to start trying to get pregnant, but I'm hesitant to do that until I know they've accepted my medical results, since I wouldn't be able to redo the full exam if pregnant.. I don't want to do anything that would prolong this process! Does anyone know if this means they're accepting my results? Is there a chance they will come back and request that I do another exam because these are technically expired (past one year)?

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
From what I understand, medical results are valid upto a year from the time the test was completed.

Hence, I have not done mine yet (July 30 applicant) - will just wait for them to request it.

So keep your fingers crossed and good luck!

Lizzy1987 said:
I just checked my Ecas today and it has a new line.. finally! 'Medical results have been received' I did my up front medical exam June 6th, 2015.. right around one year ago. My husband and I are wanting to start trying to get pregnant, but I'm hesitant to do that until I know they've accepted my medical results, since I wouldn't be able to redo the full exam if pregnant.. I don't want to do anything that would prolong this process! Does anyone know if this means they're accepting my results? Is there a chance they will come back and request that I do another exam because these are technically expired (past one year)?

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
moanie said:
Well if that is true, then they are almost done the Nov. applicants and we will be processed soon!
Well they aren't done all November applications yet- they are many still waiting SA/AIP. Let's hope they can get to Nov and all other applications they received earlier in 2015 soon! This waiting game is really frustrating!

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
I hAve a question after receiving AOR does it shows online when we check application status online? I received AOR a week ago but still can't see any change in online status....

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
ROBIN PHILIP said:
I hAve a question after receiving AOR does it shows online when we check application status online? I received AOR a week ago but still can't see any change in online status....
For me it hasn't showed online. It just shows my app was received and medical received.