6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
zhuerma said:
Is the Decision-Made shown in the Sponsor's summary box or the Applicant's box?
If it shows in the Sponsor's box, it's an update relevant to the SP, you still have to wait a bit for the Applicant's DM email which I believe would be very soon.
It says decision made under the applicant's box... but no email!

Meganes

Aug 6, 2015
moanie said:
Meganes I feel the same as you! How can this be possible? How can this be fair? What do you ask CIC when you phone?
This is not fair! I asked why this is happening to applications submitted from April to August? She said you should not compare your case to others! I said it cannot be accidental. Several applications submitted after Sep 2015 are now processed but what about ours? She repeated: we can only help after 26 months from the submission date!

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
lauralee15 said:
Are you serious? We were expecting another 1.5 year wait?!

Will the landing appointment be sent by mail or husband's email?
You won't have to wait another 1.5 year, the 1.5 year wait is a Myth now.

Read my post a couple days ago ;D
I was trying to uncover the real processing time, and CIC's small "trick" of why they don't process the Mar-Aug files... :'(...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2015-t255107.0.html;msg5260976#msg5260976

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moanie said:
I am hoping to draw some good attention to my application :) not worried about negative. My only concern is that if we get no response from CIC by August then we will leave Canada and no longer try to immigrate here. So I don't want to waste any more money on trying to come to a country that doesn't want us. But on the other hand I would love to stay!!!
Did you check the processing times for Inland applications before you applied in April of 2015? If you did, you would have known it was taking ~> 2 years for most applicants.

Saying that if you do not hear from CIC by August means that you're wasting money on trying to come to a country that doesn't want you...is unfair to CIC, and to Canada. I rarely defend CIC, but in this case it may not be their fault if they don't give you a response by August. I hope they do. :)

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Meganes said:
Hi guys,

Does anyone know why all applications from September, October and November 2015 have received 'Sponsor Approval', but not April to August applications?

I called CIC today. No clear response!!!
Because CIC are a-holes. :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moanie said:
Sorry Ponga, I can see how you would think that but I didn't include all the details of my application. We started this progress in December of 2014 and it has been a nightmare. All we need is stage 1 approval so my spouse can work. After we get that I will happily sit around and wait for the rest.
But your first three posts here all indicate that your application was received April 29, 2015. Did you submit your application in December of 2014?

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
can someone tell me why ecas is only accessible via the application number and that too for the applicant and is not accessible when the sponsor's information is put in. Even for the applicant the UCI doesn't seem to work either. Inconsistency at it's peak!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moanie said:
CIC acknowledges receiving it in April 2015
That's when you received the AOR from CIC, but what date do they show in that letter as being the day that your application was received by CIC. If you sent the application in December, it would not have taken 4 months for CIC is physically receive it. The received on date, is your true AOR date.

Did you not have legal status when the application was received, which is why you need AIP to be eligible for an OWP?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That explains it. Thanks for providing the additional details.

I would guess that you'll have AIP in the next 4 months...hopefully. You might even be lucky enough to get DM at the same time, which would mean that you shouldn't waste your money (or time) on submitting an OWP application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waiting for CIC to request the medical will only add more delays. I would schedule it ASAP and make sure that the physician uses the eMedical system to transmit the results directly to CIC.

Leaving in August is risky, especially being out of status, but if you're lucky enough to get SA and AIP (and maybe even DM) before then, it may help to convince the CBSA officer to let you back into Canada...maybe?

moanie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Ponga said:
Waiting for CIC to request the medical will only add more delays. I would schedule it ASAP and make sure that the physician uses the eMedical system to transmit the results directly to CIC.

Leaving in August is risky, especially being out of status, but if you're lucky enough to get SA and AIP (and maybe even DM) before then, it may help to convince the CBSA officer to let you back into Canada...maybe?
Yeah I think its a good last effort. I was told though if we get DM while out of the country it isn't valid? What if it happens to fall on the 10 days we are gone?

chenqichun

Jul 22, 2015
moanie said:
Yeah I think its a good last effort. I was told though if we get DM while out of the country it isn't valid? What if it happens to fall on the 10 days we are gone?
My friend, here is my suggestions

At this time, since you have no choice but wait, so be patient, do your medical right away, think about future, start planning your work, study, family, finance, insurance etc after landing, DO NOT think about wedding back home, your own good is much much more important than a wedding. Thinking about the wedding now only brings you endless headache. No matter who are going to marry, I believe they will understand if you cannot make it.

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
Lons said:
I did not do my medical up front, I waited until it was requested. However, I'm a November 2015 applicant and I've already received DM, so my situation seems to be a bit unusual.

Doing your medical up front would not draw any negative attention to your file in any way. Lots of people do their medicals after submitting the app but before receiving AIP. It would be good to do your medical up front so that you don't have to wait any longer than you already have. When they request your medical, they give you 30 days to complete it. My doctor told me that they would receive my results in 5-10 days but that I likely wouldn't hear from CIC for maybe 2-3 months. If you do your medical up front, you have the chance of receiving AIP, SA and DM all in one go.
Unfortunately that's not always true...It's because you're the lucky ones. As I mentioned earlier, I did my Med exam even before I submitted my application. I did it on Oct.6, 2015, so apparently it's not expired. On my Ecas it shows that they've just confirmed that they already received my Med result recently. However, my visa officer still sent me the form for Med exam and a Med exam request email. You can dateback to a few pages to see that my situation is not rare. It happens a lot. Up to now I am at AIP stage waiting to get a final decision from them. So upfront Med would not necessarily cut your waiting time and straight you up to DM.

Lons

May 15, 2016
angora said:
Unfortunately that's not always true...It's because you're the lucky ones. As I mentioned earlier, I did my Med exam even before I submitted my application. I did it on Oct.6, 2015, so apparently it's not expired. On my Ecas it shows that they've just confirmed that they already received my Med result recently. However, my visa officer still sent me the form for Med exam and a Med exam request email. You can dateback to a few pages to see that my situation is not rare. It happens a lot. Up to now I am at AIP stage waiting to get a final decision from them. So upfront Med would not necessarily cut your waiting time and straight you up to DM.
There's no rhyme or reason to what CIC does, unfortunately. The person I was responding to has had their app in process since April 2015. Doing their medical upfront certainly wouldn't guarantee that they'd receive AIP, SA and DM all at one time, I wasn't trying to say that it would be a for sure thing. However, doing her medical now, upfront, before she receives AIP would definitely cut down on further processing, since CIC wouldn't have to request it and wait for it to move along with the rest of her application.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
installer0129 said:
Hi Sophie thanks for your respond, meaning i dont need to provide canadian police certificate? the email says As per our records, you have not submitted the required police certificates from the country listed below: and it is Saudi Arabia. when i checked the cic website how to obtained Saudi police certificate it says certificate are only available to current legal residence. if you are asked for PC from SA write. "I cannot provide a PC for the time i spent in SA because certificate are only available to people who have current legal residence".
You don't have to provide a PCC from Canada unless you are specifically asked to, but then you would be asked to submit fingerprints, so your letter would have a different wording.
"You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide a valid police certificate for each country other than Canada, in which you have spent six or more months since the age of 18." See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

As for Saudi Arabi, I recommend to make a print out of CIC's website, highlighting this part: "If your application is being processed in Canada, you are not required to get a police certificate.", and also from the Embassy's website, highlighting this: "Police clearance reports are no longer process through either the Embassy or the Consulates of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."
You can also ut in under a cover letter and send to Mississauga or upload everything to a Case Specific Inquire.