05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
vinotintazo said:
;D Successfully landed yesterday so happy!.

3 months untill the PR card arrives according to CIC.

Question, Can I re-enter canada with the paper they gave me that says "Confirmation of Permanent Resident", ie, I would not need a VISA?

Edit: Guide says that confirmation of permanent resident can be used if travelled by car.
Congratulations! All the best for your future!!!

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
erable_rouge said:
Congratulations!

It was processed faster since you had an CSQ. Probably, it has been approved under the CSQ category instead of Family Class?

Just trying to understand the reasons and relate them to other applicants.
That could be it but looking at the spreadsheet, the two other September applicants who have SA and AIP are living in Regina and Toronto so CSQ wouldn't apply.

Now that it's been more than one September applicant getting SA/AIP, it's hard to consider these applications as being flukes, and makes me wonder why September applications in particular are being processed so quickly.

With that said, it seems that Feb 2015 applicants are by and large receiving good news around now, just odd that CIC seem to have skipped a few months with their processing.

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
ROBIN PHILIP said:
when did u apply and when was your application received? i am also going through the same situation n my OWP is not stll received n am out of status now.
Dec 18 but when I called them last month,agent told me they received my file on dec 11.I dont why he said that.

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
km9203 said:
When did you apply?
Dec 18 but when I called them last month,agent told me they received my file on dec 11.I dont why he said that.
read all my messages here in this forum to know more about my case ..

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Angiebaks said:
Hello, do you mean your OWP and AOR or you mean Approval in principal (AOR) ??? Because if you got AIP why would they send you OWP.. Happy for you either way but am Dec applicant and just trying to find out more. So did your sponsor get a SA?

quote author=micky007 link=topic=255107.msg5157185#msg5157185 date=1462317316]
First of all thanks angiebaks;)

I guess my sponser just got her PR and that might have speed up the process and I contacted PM about my case.CIC officer messed up work permit application as he was really lazy when I was looking into my application.(Just real my all message in this forum about my case).So I got WP,SA,AIP yesterday and will be landing soon;). where about are you in canada?

andydandy

Aug 4, 2015
Hi,

We also applied in mid Sept 2015, and just received the same two letters indicating that both the sponsor and applicant have been approved, and that the Calgary immigration office will contact us for an appointment to finalize the process.

My spouse the applicant is German.
We sent in the application mid Sept 2015, and she provided police report and medical all at once.
We never got an email or letter indicating that CIC received our application.
Today, May 04, 2016 we both received an email letter indicating that we have both been approved as sponsor and applicant and will be contacted with appointment to finalize the process.

Thanks, and good luck to the rest of you. Seems like maybe things are getting processed more quickly now?!?

prmonty said:
Hello all! This is actually my first time ever writing on this forum. I've got many many tips on the application from this forum, and wanted to share my story.

I am a September 2015 applicant, and I think I got the SA, AIP, DM all together yesterday (May 03). I was not expecting it so soon (not that I am not grateful for it), but it was a very big surprise. I am pregnant and in need of a health insurance. I did not notify CIC of my pregnancy though.

My husband got an email from CIC with a letter attachment, which said
"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in CanadaClass you submitted to this office on behalf of _________________ and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly." (And I believe it is the SA letter..?)

And about 30 minutes later, I got an email from CIC with another letter saying:
"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application"
(From what I have been looking on internet, I believe it is an AIP and DM at the same time..???)

In case if anyone wants to know, here is my timeline:
- Application sent some time in June (sent with medical and police check)
- The WHOLE application was returned in August due to missing signature on Schedule A form.
- Signed the form and sent it with my renewed study permit : some time in early September (The study permit that was sent with the original application was expiring, and I got it extended to a new one. So I sent the renewed study permit when I resent the application to CIC).
- Application received by CIC on Sept 16, 2015
- AOR for sponsor: Dec 18, 2015
- CSQ requested: Dec 18, 2015
- CSQ approved: End of Feb, 2016
- "Medical results have been received" on eCAS some time in mid-March.
- SA, AIP, DM: May 03, 2016.

I am a little confused that I was never asked to resubmit the medical results or police check and not even the finger prints. I hope everything is going alright.. And one more thing! The eCAS is still saying the the sponsorship application is IN PROCESS and PR application status still says "application received". I just hope the status has not been updated yet on eCAS.

By the way, does anyone know how long it usually takes for the Montreal VO to contact the applicants? And what is the next step? an interview?

Thanks a lot!

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
andydandy said:
Hi,

We also applied in mid Sept 2015, and just received the same two letters indicating that both the sponsor and applicant have been approved, and that the Calgary immigration office will contact us for an appointment to finalize the process.

We sent in the application mid Sept 2015, and she provided police report and medical all at once.
Today, May 04, 2016 we both received an email letter indicating that we have both been approved as sponsor and applicant and will be contacted with appointment to finalize the process.

Thanks, and good luck to the rest of you. Seems like maybe things are getting processed more quickly now?!?

Super!
congrats !!!

Phoenix246

May 4, 2016
Hello everyone. I need some advice about our application. Im sponsoring my husband. We sent our application on Jan. 22 2016. We received AOR on March 2016. We our still waiting for my husband's OWP. His previous WP expires Feb. 28, 2016. He is on implied status right now. Im wondering if we need to apply for restoration of status? ( implied status is good for only for 3 months right?)

Also, is it really hard to call CIC? I tried lots of time to call them to inquire about the OWP but its always busy. Can i try now to send them an email about my inquiry??

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
That is great!!

I am in Edmonton but i know for a fact it will be long for me to get the kind of positive news you got. I at least have my OWP.

Congrats to September applicants that have positive news.

micky007 said:
First of all thanks angiebaks;)

I guess my sponser just got her PR and that might have speed up the process and I contacted PM about my case.CIC officer messed up work permit application as he was really lazy when I was looking into my application.(Just real my all message in this forum about my case).So I got WP,SA,AIP yesterday and will be landing soon;). where about are you in canada?

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
congrats!!!

The only better explanation i have for this is maybe applications were split among officers and some are faster than the rest.

Is there any April - August applicants that have received good news?

andydandy said:
Hi,

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phoenix246 said:
Hello everyone. I need some advice about our application. Im sponsoring my husband. We sent our application on Jan. 22 2016. We received AOR on March 2016. We our still waiting for my husband's OWP. His previous WP expires Feb. 28, 2016. He is on implied status right now. Im wondering if we need to apply for restoration of status? ( implied status is good for only for 3 months right?)

Also, is it really hard to call CIC? I tried lots of time to call them to inquire about the OWP but its always busy. Can i try now to send them an email about my inquiry??
Implied Status lasts until you have a reply from CIC about the extension, or change of conditions, that he submitted submitted (in this case, it is his OWP that gave him Implied Status).

Did he pay the full amount of $255 for the OWP?

Has he continued to work beyond his original WP expiry date?

Phoenix246

May 4, 2016
Ponga said:
Implied Status lasts until you have a reply from CIC about the extension, or change of conditions, that he submitted submitted (in this case, it is his OWP that gave him Implied Status).

Did he pay the full amount of $255 for the OWP?

Has he continued to work beyond his original WP expiry date?
Yes, he did pay the full amount.

And yes, his employer allowed him to continue working but we dont know how long will that be without the new permit.

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Hi guys,

questions, im so confused. I sent my application sep 2015 and medical was sent with the apps. I did my medical aug 2015 and just got an email to cic that requesting medical AGAIN?

1. Is this normal?
2. Does this mean that my spouse got first stage approved?is this too early
3. What should I do??

Please help

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
zeloyyy said:
Hi guys,

questions, im so confused. I sent my application sep 2015 and medical was sent with the apps. I did my medical aug 2015 and just got an email to cic that requesting medical AGAIN?

1. Is this normal?
2. Does this mean that my spouse got first stage approved?is this too early
3. What should I do??

Please help
1, Relatively. Immigration may have simply lost the original results or not received them or may have a reason for requesting them again.
2, Not necessarily - check your emails - they'll send one for Sponsor Approval, and one for Approved In Principle (which is occasionally combined with DM)
3, As much as it sucks to pay the fees again, I would head straight out and have your medical done.

Sanchari

Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Request
21-02-2017
Phoenix246 said:

Hi there.. I applied on January 06, 2016 and got my OWP 2 days ago.. It was issued on April 25, 2016.. So just wait I guess.. YOur must be on the way.. Where did you received you AOR? On your email or on your husband's? My husband is sponsoring me but I havent recived any AOR on my email as yet..