Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
lauralee15 said:
We contacted our MP and within a week we found out OWP was in the mail... not sure if it was coincidence or if it helped, but I would certainly recommend trying
Hi! How did you start your email? Any tips? I just found my MP but I have no idea how to start the email or what to say in the start?

Would love some help! Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mskeeta said:
Hi! How did you start your email? Any tips? I just found my MP but I have no idea how to start the email or what to say in the start?

You could always call your MP.

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
Johninsask said:
Hello all, I thought I'd mention that I received AOR on Feb 4th of 2016. Incredibly I received my OWP (as noted in the spreadsheet) last year. So whoever is doing the spreadsheets now might want to update that.

I should also mention that the arrival of my AOR email came a few days after I submitted my (recently born) son's birth certificate via ecas.

I'm now in my 10th month of awaiting AIP. Yawn.
Same here , got AOR on my wife email last year and now they've sent another one on my email. Weird...

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
mskeeta said:

We just explained why we were contacting them. Expressed that we understood it is a lengthy process, but that it had been past the reasonable time frame and CIC call centre couldn't find our application anywhere in the system. We provided our Canada Post tracking number, receipt numbers, both our names and birthdates and the date it was sent in. We got a response the next day from our MP office via email, but had we not heard back we also would have called.

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
lauralee15 said:
We just explained why we were contacting them. Expressed that we understood it is a lengthy process, but that it had been past the reasonable time frame and CIC call centre couldn't find our application anywhere in the system. We provided our Canada Post tracking number, receipt numbers, both our names and birthdates and the date it was sent in. We got a response the next day from our MP office via email, but had we not heard back we also would have called.
Thank you very much!

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Amour.Ashi said:
zhuerma said:
Amour.Ashi said:
Hello,

I sent the Open work permit application with $155 fee. only one receipt. I saw your respond the sameday in the evening and realized we missed $100 fee. I called in the CIC and the agent told me to resend the application again as you are on implied status. This time make sure you include both receipts ( $155 and $100) and We did re submit and resend the whole application again and I made a note in the coverletter of the application submitted that we missed the receipt for $100 in the original application.

My question is : First application received on 16th Feb 2016 with $155 fee and Second application was received on 17th Feb 2016 ($155 +$100) two receipts (the original $155 and another $100). both the application has same $155 receipt. I did this because the CIC agent told me that they will simply return the original application that has missing payment. I just hope they don't refund $155 fee when they return the first application and upon processing of second application, they find out that they already refunded $155....and now only $100 remaining.

How does it work?

Any suggestions?

Should I send an email to CIC explaining the situation or just let it go?

Please advise.

Thanks
Ashi
Hi,
Who are "they"?
The CIC agent told you that your $155 had already refunded and only $100 remaining? or just your guessing?
They --> CIC and I am just guessing....
I think you can just wait and see.

Firstly, considering current processing time, your OWP application is far from being processed. You have submitted your OWP app separately from your inland sponsorship app, which I think will be treated as the other regular work permit apps sent by mail. In such case, it takes 3 months to process your application:
h t t p : //s23.postimg.org/5tx723baz/Untitled1.png (sorry this forum doesn't allow me to post links :mad: please remove spaces in the link)

Hence they wouldn't have refunded your $155 by only 13 days after receiving your application (Feb16 - Feb29).

Secondly, I can't find any topics about how CIC officers refund the insufficient payment receipts, from my experience when they return your application, they won't refund the fee you paid, so that you can reuse the returned receipt again when resubmit a new application. If you need refund you have to contact them specifically.

Here is the FAQ about getting refunds on CIC website: h t t p : // w w w . cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?st=4.10

You may call the CIC agent again to confirm the fact that you mentioned from your previous post ("they find out that they already refunded $155"), I have a feeling that you will get another version of story.

All in all, I would advice you to wait about 2 more months before tracking your OWP application again.
or
If you don't think you can hold such uncertainty for so long, submit again your application with the BRAND NEW correct payment receipts.

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
tdubokchoi said:
Hi Sophiee, I forgot to update you on the status. We received the OWP on May 25, 2015. Please update the sheet whenever you have the chance.
Thanks Sophiee.
Hi Sophiee, please update the spreadsheet.

Our address has been changed, we are currently in Toronto and have updated the information in the CIC website.

I received an email stating that I have met the requirements to be a sponsor on February 19, 2016.

On February 19, 2016 my husband has received one email stating he meets the requirement to be sponsored.
On March 1, 2016 he received another email stating that the application is completed and that CIC will send one last email to schedule an interview in the Etobicoke office.

We are now waiting for the interview to be set up and I will update you once more when it's all said and done.

Thanks Sophiee!
tdubokchoi

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
Wow that's great!!! Congrats to your wife... This gives me hope, I applied Dec 14th so hopefully in 2 weeks time I hear something. Again Congrats :D :D

DustinBrett said:
My wife just today got her open work permit for 2 years. It was dated from Feb 22nd. We applied Nov 24th for PR+OWP.

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Does anyone know how CIC responds to case-specific inquiries? Is it by email? Do they even respond or does it just get ignored? I want to keep an eye out for it since my MP is out of the office for a few weeks (my luck!), call centre agents are unhelpful ("We're opening up Sept 28 applications today" ...for the past five weeks), and I'm over a month past the processing time.

pinkbug

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
Police Certificate 06-07-2016 PCC submitted: 02-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2015
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
15-06-2016
Med's Done....
30-06-2016
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015 - Any kiwi's being spouse sponsored?

EmmaW said:
I put my PR application in Feb 2015. I had previously been on an IEC, met my partner and extended my stay till I got my application for Spouse sponsorship ready and sent. Now I dont have a status at the mo as I was told that once you have an application in that I can still stay under the support of my spouse. So we are still waiting a year on and I really need to start working! Being supported by my spouse currently. Is ANYONE going thru this????

Looks like we're on the same boat..
Submitted our application March 2015 and still haven't got any OWP or updates with our application..
Did you get any updates in yours?

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
October 5th Applicant
Called CIC today and the Agent told me that it takes up to 90 days to get a reply from the Mississauga office after they submitted a note and if I havent heard anything by then to make sure I call them back. This is so ridiculous. It will be May 5th = 7 months without OWP? When the time is supposed to be 4 month wait? Did this happen to anyone? I'll contact my MP asap. Should I submit a case specif inquiry?

Thank you!

chenqichun

Jul 22, 2015
mskeeta said:
October 5th Applicant
Called CIC today and the Agent told me that it takes up to 90 days to get a reply from the Mississauga office after they submitted a note and if I havent heard anything by then to make sure I call them back. This is so ridiculous. It will be May 5th = 7 months without OWP? When the time is supposed to be 4 month wait? Did this happen to anyone? I'll contact my MP asap. Should I submit a case specif inquiry?

Thank you!
I would just call again and speak to a different agent, some of them are so rude and ridiculous but some are really nice and helpful.

crystallps

May 21, 2015
chenqichun said:
I would just call again and speak to a different agent, some of them are so rude and ridiculous but some are really nice and helpful.
I've had a few mean ones and a few really nice ones... None of them were helpful. I've been told the same thing once a week since Feb 2nd: that I need to wait for a response on my case-specific inquiry (30 business days) or wait for the office to take action on that note (90 days). Other than writing to your MP, I don't think there is much we can do. Which sucks.