05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
chenqichun said:
Firstly ask yourself why not - the date of expiration is clearly printed on your visa!
My question was not about the expiration date on the visa. Since I have stayed beyond the 6 months mark from the date of arrival(I was under implied status until recently), my worry was if my Visitor Visa validity will be nullified if leave Canada and come back.
Anyways thank you for your inputs.

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
GlenL said:
My wife just returned from a trip so I will share her experience with you all. She had an emergency trip to Ireland (her home country) because her grandmother passed away. She left on Feb 15, and returned Feb 21. I did not go with her (I'm a Canadian citizen, and her sponsor) and I was really worried about her 'in process' inland application, and the potential to have it cancelled. I was more worried because her current visa (IEC Visa) only had 5 months remaining on it, in my opinion that would be more reason for a border officer to ask questions. Unbeknownst to us, her OWP was already issued at that point, we just hadn't received it in the mail (we did yesterday).

She arrived in Toronto and walked up to the border services desk. She had everything in her had to hand to the officer, before they asked (Passport, landing card, work visa and boarding card for her onward flight to Calgary). She said hi, the border services agent looked at the documents, first glanced at the IEC Visa then asked her where she lived, she answered, next he asked where she works in Calgary, she answered, next he asked what she does there, she answered. He handed back the IEC Visa, then glanced at the landing card and asked the reason for such a short trip, she answered (grandmother passed), then he scribbled on her landing card, stamped her passport (same page as all other Canada entry stamps, so he would have noticed them) handed everything back, and said have a nice day. My wife is sure he didn't look at his computer at all (not sure what they can even see there). Super simple easy process, and away she went.

It's worth noting, my wife wasn't nervous at all, only I was, sitting at home sweating. She would not have been demonstrating any nervousness or anything like that, which may have prompted them to ask questions further. She also noted that it wasn't very busy, all lines were open, and it appeared it may have only been her flight (from Dublin) and maybe one other flight going through at the same time. It went very quickly.

I'm not suggesting this means everyone can travel. We should consider, and are reminded often, if a border agent sees a reason to deny you, or is otherwise having a bad day, you could be denied entry. It seems to me it happens rarely, however any trip you are considering is a risk, so stay put if you are able to. I hope this helps!

Glen
Hello Glen,

Thank you so much for such a detail post about your experience!!
It is very helpful, it gives me and many others in similar situations an insight into how risky or easy it can get at the immigration, which in turn allows us to weigh the pros & cons before taking any decision. Glad that your wife hadn't faced any trouble while entering Canada.

Jambs

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg MB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
update... got my OWP in mail today

App Date Nov 2
OWP Iss Date Feb 23
Medical Exam Nov 3 per advised in email from CIC last Feb 23 that I should take my medical exam within 30 days

Kindly update my record. Thanks.

Jamarns

Feb 8, 2015
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
Hi guys, I've been absent from the forums for a while now (life getting in the way!) Just wondering if I have AOR is there a way to log in to the CIC website and see the status of my application??

Amour.Ashi

Jan 11, 2016
PSTSC said:
sorry for the mistake, I only paid the $ 155. had to pay the $ 100 as well. you have to pay both fees: total of $ 255
A lot of people missed the $ 100 open work permit holder fee which resulted in returned applications and a lot of people losing status ...
Hello,

I sent the Open work permit application with $155 fee. only one receipt. I saw your respond the sameday in the evening and realized we missed $100 fee. I called in the CIC and the agent told me to resend the application again as you are on implied status. This time make sure you include both receipts ( $155 and $100) and We did re submit and resend the whole application again and I made a note in the coverletter of the application submitted that we missed the receipt for $100 in the original application.

My question is : First application received on 16th Feb 2016 with $155 fee and Second application was received on 17th Feb 2016 ($155 +$100) two receipts (the original $155 and another $100). both the application has same $155 receipt. I did this because the CIC agent told me that they will simply return the original application that has missing payment. I just hope they don't refund $155 fee when they return the first application and upon processing of second application, they find out that they already refunded $155....and now only $100 remaining.

How does it work?

Any suggestions?

Should I send an email to CIC explaining the situation or just let it go?

Please advise.

Thanks
Ashi

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Amour.Ashi said:
they find out that they already refunded $155....and now only $100 remaining.
Hi,
Who are "they"?
The CIC agent told you that your $155 had already refunded and only $100 remaining? or just your guessing?

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
https://www.hilltimes.com/news/news/2016/02/29/spouses-of-canadians-to-get-permanent-residency-immediately-mccallum/45453

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Hello.

Anyone here know how long it normally takes after a agent sends a note to the Mississauga office regarding the application to get a response? It has been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I called last week and they said they havent heard anything. What should i do?

Thank you!

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
Hello all, I thought I'd mention that I received AOR on Feb 4th of 2016. Incredibly I received my OWP (as noted in the spreadsheet) last year. So whoever is doing the spreadsheets now might want to update that.

I should also mention that the arrival of my AOR email came a few days after I submitted my (recently born) son's birth certificate via ecas.

I'm now in my 10th month of awaiting AIP. Yawn.

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hi, I applied July 23rd, 2015 and received OWP Nov2015. After we applied, my husband(sponsor) received an email that CIC received our application with file number.

and yesterday CIC sent me an automatic email stating that they received my file on 23rd July 2015.
its just funny they send notifications time to time. I was excited little bit before I opened email even though I knew its too early for me to pass the first stage :p

Wish good luck to everyone here!

simonjsf

Jan 25, 2015
mskeeta said:
Hello.

Anyone here know how long it normally takes after a agent sends a note to the Mississauga office regarding the application to get a response? It has been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I called last week and they said they havent heard anything. What should i do?

Thank you!
Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since a note was sent for me. I called this morning and they still have no update :(

crystallps

May 21, 2015
simonjsf said:
Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since a note was sent for me. I called this morning and they still have no update :(
Oct 2nd applicant here and same thing :(

The call centre agents won't even look at my file anymore because "action has already been taken and there is nothing you can do but wait." Guess I have to focus my efforts on stalking my mailman now.

I did write to my MP last Friday but no response yet.

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
crystallps said:
Oct 2nd applicant here and same thing :(

The call centre agents won't even look at my file anymore because "action has already been taken and there is nothing you can do but wait." Guess I have to focus my efforts on stalking my mailman now.

I did write to my MP last Friday but no response yet.
Exact same situation! How did you write to your MP? Any tips?

crystallps

May 21, 2015
mskeeta said:
Exact same situation! How did you write to your MP? Any tips?
I looked up my MP by postal code and sent him a semi-formal email explaining how I applied, how long I have been waiting, actions taken so far, and how I'm still part of the thousands of foreign spouses trapped in Canada unable to work. I threw in a little sob story about being stressed financially and that I wouldn't have applied inland/OWP if I had known I would be waiting this long. I don't really expect anything to come of the email but it doesn't hurt to try.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
We contacted our MP and within a week we found out OWP was in the mail... not sure if it was coincidence or if it helped, but I would certainly recommend trying