+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

crystallps

May 21, 2015
roy1107 said:
Hi All - I see there are quite a few successful stories in this forum, congratulations to all and all the best to the remaining ones.
I am new here and have few questions, if someone can help me. I recently got married out of Canada and since my wife had visitor visa she was able to enter the Canada with me. I am PR and working here.
My questions are-
1) Is the inland application filing is easy or do i need to hire a attorney/agency ?
2) Do i need to update my passport with spouse name before i send my wife's PR application or i can update my passport later as well ?

Please let me know, many thanks in advance!!
It's easy, especially since you've already found this website! Many questions about the forms and instructions are already answered in previous threads and it's not hard to look them up. Save the money and skip the attorney unless you have a very complicated situation (lots of criminal history, custody issues, denied entry to Canada previously, etc.). It can easily be done yourself otherwise.

2. Are you switching to her last name? You can update your passport at any time, but if you do it during the processing of your app, you will need to send updated documents which will likely cause delays. I would recommended doing name/passport changes either before you apply (if you have time to wait for it) or after it's all done. It's just easier.

oceanlove

Jul 3, 2015
Hi everyone, I just have a quick question - since there is track of my PR and OWP applications in the CIC system and it's been over 4 months I am starting to think all sorts of things... when I sent the applications to the processing centre in Mississauga I put envelope with OWP application and envelope with PR envelope in the big envelope and sent it out. Now I think I should have sent it separately as it says it should be sent simultaneously. How did you guys sent yours? Thanks so much for your input.

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
oceanlove said:
Hi everyone, I just have a quick question - since there is track of my PR and OWP applications in the CIC system and it's been over 4 months I am starting to think all sorts of things... when I sent the applications to the processing centre in Mississauga I put envelope with OWP application and envelope with PR envelope in the big envelope and sent it out. Now I think I should have sent it separately as it says it should be sent simultaneously. How did you guys sent yours? Thanks so much for your input.
I had my PR and OWP sent in a same package to Missisauga ( with OWP in a separate envelope) as well.The call centre agent told me that's the way it's supposed to be, however, I'm not sure how much we can trust the agents.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Daisyli122 said:
I had my PR and OWP sent in a same package to Missisauga ( with OWP in a separate envelope) as well.The call centre agent told me that's the way it's supposed to be, however, I'm not sure how much we can trust the agents.
Even I had the same question, probably somebody who has already got their OWP approved can answer this. I amplanning to send the OWP application along with the PR application in the same envelope

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
erable_rouge said:
Even I had the same question, probably somebody who has already got their OWP approved can answer this. I amplanning to send the OWP application along with the PR application in the same envelope
I sent my OWP and PR application in the same envelope, to the same place, thats how CIC wants you to do it. Received my OWP a little after 4 months

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
Patricija said:
Thank you so much for your response! Do you have any suggestions what immigration papers I should bring from your experience? I have everything booked already and my family is expecting me, I can't really cancel it now even though I totally understand how risky it is.
I never received an email like that about eTA (my work permit was issued November 9, 2015). Is it supposed to be marked on my OWP that I don't need an eTA?
Sorry for late reply, i don't check this forum that often ..
I had scan of my wife PR card , old work permit , ID's and some other stuff. Westjet employees refused to let me board the plane first time ,but i tried to catch a flight day after and they decided to call CBSA even tho i showed them all documents that i had. CBSA told them to let me board that flight so...
From my experience , WestJet employees were worst (on route Europe->Canada) . CBSA officers were super nice and didn't gave me any headache , they even issued me a Visitor Record valid 1 year...

It just depends , you might not have any problems at all. But again ,it might be even worse than my story.That's why nobody recommends traveling while you're waiting for inland thing to get over.

sophieee said:
See: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.pc9y7jm7ysay
That's kinda confusing. ???
If you were provided with a work permit under the initial pilot, you must apply for a work permit extension before it expires.
And then after i click that link it takes me here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp where i can apply "online".
Pretty sure i shouldn't apply online because on this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-12-11.asp it says that i should apply online only if i've recieved Approval in Principle.
Or i misunderstood all this? ;D
Thank you Sophie

Jojy Jose

Sep 9, 2015
HI ALL,
I (INDIAN)HAVE APPLIED FOR OPEN WORK PERMIT(SOWP) FROM CANADA TRU A LAWYER ON OCT-27TH 2015 AND THE STATUS IN ONLINE IS SHOWN AS BELOW,MY WIFE'S STUDY PERMIT WILL EXPIRE IN DEC-2016 SO WILL IT BE AFFECTED AS THE PROCESSING IS TAKING TOO LONG,PLEASE SOMEBODY CAN GIVE CLARIFICATION ON IT.THANK YOU IN ADVANCE..

APPLIED ON 27TH OCT 2015
APPLICATION/PROFILE STATUS:-OPEN
REVIEW OF MEDICAL RESULTS:pASSED
REVIEW OF SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS:-NO ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THIS TIME
SCHEDULING AN INTERVIEW :NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
REVIEW OF BIO METRIC:-NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
FINAL DECISION:- NOT STARTED

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
Hi Friends,

Quick question..

I applied for Inland application on June 2nd 2015 and got AOR on August 11th 2015. Medical upfront.

Today I got one email from CIC says..

"This is an automated system-generated letter to acknowledge the receipt of your application. Your
application has been assigned the unique file number indicated at the top of this letter. All your
correspondence with this office should refer to that unique file number."

My current work permit going to expire on OCT 31st 2016. Can I apply for work permit extension now after getting this file number or not?

Please reply.

Patricija

Jan 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2015
AOR Received.
August 15 2015
Quick update on my application:

Application received by CIC: June 12, 2015
AOR for sponsor received: August 15, 2015
OWP received in mail: November 9th, 2015
AOR for applicant received: February 22nd, 2016
Medical and police check done upfront and sent with the application

This is the message that I received in mail e-mail today: "This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in
Canada class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 12/06/2015"

Is SA and AIP next?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Patricija said:
Quick update on my application:

Application received by CIC: June 12, 2015
AOR for sponsor received: August 15, 2015
OWP received in mail: November 9th, 2015
AOR for applicant received: February 22nd, 2016
Medical and police check done upfront and sent with the application

This is the message that I received in mail e-mail today: "This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in
Canada class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 12/06/2015"

Is SA and AIP next?
Yes it should be. You applied in 2015, not 2014? How are you getting yours so quick when people from Nov 2014 are just getting their PR?

Patricija

Jan 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2015
AOR Received.
August 15 2015
km9203 said:
Yes it should be. You applied in 2015, not 2014? How are you getting yours so quick when people from Nov 2014 are just getting their PR?
Yes, I applied 2015, not 2014. Is that quick? What is the average time until I might be receiving SA and/or AIP? Does that mean they have started reviewing my application now?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Patricija said:
Yes, I applied 2015, not 2014. Is that quick? What is the average time until I might be receiving SA and/or AIP? Does that mean they have started reviewing my application now?
It is an AOR email for your application. That doesn't mean they have started reviewing your application. That doesn't really happen until AIP is reached.

Sheenw

Feb 11, 2016
Hi all
A quick update..my application was received on October 1st 2015. Owp issued on 17th Feb 2016. This means they have started working on oct applications..good luck everyone

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sheenw said:
Hi all
A quick update..my application was received on October 1st 2015. Owp issued on 17th Feb 2016. This means they have started working on oct applications..good luck everyone
Ours was received Oct 9th. We called CIC this morning and the agent told us that my husband's OWP has been processed, and that we should receive it within the next two weeks. Great news for October applicants!!

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
kcura said:
Ours was received Oct 9th. We called CIC this morning and the agent told us that my husband's OWP has been processed, and that we should receive it within the next two weeks. Great news for October applicants!!
It's really a great news indeed !!! Many congratulations on your successful OWP processing :D