+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
Daisyli122 said:
Now I'm starting to worry about whether they're going to reject my OWP app because my PR app is not in the system...
Have anybody encountered the same situation before?
To be honest, I'm ready for that bad situation and am figuring out my backup plan once it happens. And I did apply for stay extension no matter that application is necessary or not. It costs $100 but it brings safe feeling to me. We should apply online so we know that our application will be on the system once it is submitted.

Carolinic

Feb 15, 2016
Daisyli122 said:
Now I'm starting to worry about whether they're going to reject my OWP app because my PR app is not in the system...
Have anybody encountered the same situation before?
Call CIC if they have any suggestion on avoiding that happens? Mine was refused as they can not locate my PR app. I asked if they can reconsider, been told no, as decision is already made.

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
Carolinic said:
Call CIC if they have any suggestion on avoiding that happens? Mine was refused as they can not locate my PR app. I asked if they can reconsider, been told no, as decision is already made.
Can we re-apply ?

Carolinic

Feb 15, 2016
chuphuc said:
Can we re-apply ?
As long as you have the legal status. I am going to, once my restoration is approved. But wish your OWP will be approved and no need to go through "re-do" thingy.

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
chuphuc said:
Can we re-apply ?
I called again. The agent told me that although it's a little strange but I don't need to worry. the fact the my OWP app is in means that they already saw my PR app, they're not going to deny my PR app now.It's just that the PR team is behind...

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Daisyli122 said:
I called again. The agent told me that although it's a little strange but I don't need to worry. the fact the my OWP app is in means that they already saw my PR app, they're not going to deny my PR app now.It's just that the PR team is behind...
I meant to say they're not going to deny my OWP just because they haven't seen my PR app in the system...

Patricija

Jan 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2015
AOR Received.
August 15 2015
MarioPavlovich said:
eTA is already issued to you if you have WP of any kind. I've got email from IRCC few months ago about that.I'll copy paste it for you.
Also ,i suggest you to stay here until you resolve your status. I went to Europe last summer and i had horrible experience on Dublin International airport.Flight companies sometimes are worse than immigration officers and you need to show everything you've got when it comes to immigration papers and if he doesn't believe you ,he won't let you board the plane.I'm from visa exempt country and EU like you and there's no way that i'm going home ever again until i finish this immigration process.

A message from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Beginning March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals will require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to Canada. U.S. citizens are exempt from the eTA requirement.
If your study or work permit was issued on or before July 31, 2015, you will need to apply for an eTA if you wish to enter or return to Canada by air on or after March 15, 2016.
If you received your study or work permit on or after August 1, 2015, you were automatically issued an eTA with your study or work permit.
For more information, and to apply for an eTA, please visit Canada.ca/eTA.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Thank you so much for your response! Do you have any suggestions what immigration papers I should bring from your experience? I have everything booked already and my family is expecting me, I can't really cancel it now even though I totally understand how risky it is.
I never received an email like that about eTA (my work permit was issued November 9, 2015). Is it supposed to be marked on my OWP that I don't need an eTA?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Does anybody have the checklist for Work Permit Application intended to be sent along with the Spousal Sponsorship application?

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Inland and applied for CSQ?
Hi all.. Please share your thoughts on this.
SInce my husband is a PR,he sponsored me (inland) and we applied from alberta. We moved to QUebec because of our jobs.
Has this happened to anyone????????
When CIC tells us to apply for CSQ for me, then should I apply through my employer????
SInce I studied in Canada, I already hold an open work permit which is about to expire, so when I apply for open work permit through spousal category will I need a CAQ????????

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
bm2015 said:
Inland and applied for CSQ?
Hi all.. Please share your thoughts on this.
SInce my husband is a PR,he sponsored me (inland) and we applied from alberta. We moved to QUebec because of our jobs.
Has this happened to anyone????????
When CIC tells us to apply for CSQ for me, then should I apply through my employer????
SInce I studied in Canada, I already hold an open work permit which is about to expire, so when I apply for open work permit through spousal category will I need a CAQ????????
You do not apply for a CSQ through your employer. You download all the correct forms from the Quebec immigration website and send it directly to them. You do not need a CSQ or CAQ for the spousal open work permit. Make sure you send your new open work permit application before your other open work permit expires

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MarioPavlovich said:
Anyone else had (bad) luck like me and got issued work permit expiring same date as a passport ?
I've applied for new passport , got it on 10 years this time 8) , and i'd like to extend current pilot project owp...
Should i just follow this guide and send a new application to CPC -Vegreville?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2014/2014-12-22.asp
See: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.pc9y7jm7ysay

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
To everyone who is calling CIC:
Just be aware, that most of the agents at the call centre has little to no knowledge of anything. Unfortunately several member from this forum received completely wrong and/or misleading information from the call centre. It is very common that call centre agents make up things if they don't know the answer.

On the other hand, if you contact your MP, and they are kind enough to help you, they have different ways to contact CIC. They can reach competent immigration officers via email, and they can give you valid information of your application through them. Not every MP is helpful, but it's worth a try. You can find your MP here:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

kacy12

Oct 17, 2014
Patricija said:
I just assumed that it would be "cancelled" if I tried to re-enter Canada with a single entry OWP.
OWP is a legal document to allow u STAY in Canada.
If you are from a visa exempt country, just apply ETA as an ENTRY document.
If you are from a non-visa exempt country, just apply a Visitor visa as the ENTRY document.

Make sure to bring your ENTRY document/visa, and your STAY document-OWP with you when u enter the country.

I really HOPE that people in this forum can truly understand what it means "OWP doesn't guarantee re-entry". It does NOT mean you can't leave the country and come back, it simply means you will need an ENTRY document with your OWP together when you come back.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
kacy12 said:
OWP is a legal document to allow u STAY in Canada.
If you are from a visa exempt country, just apply ETA as an ENTRY document.
If you are from a non-visa exempt country, just apply a Visitor visa as the ENTRY document.

Make sure to bring your ENTRY document/visa, and your STAY document-OWP with you when u enter the country.

I really HOPE that people in this forum can truly understand what it means "OWP doesn't guarantee re-entry". It does NOT mean you can't leave the country and come back, it simply means you will need an ENTRY document with your OWP together when you come back.
There's still a big risk even with an "ENTRY" document that CBSA will refuse entry. TRVs do not guarantee re-entry to the country. For a lot of it's definitely the safer option to just stay inside, since if the person is denied entry then it invalidates their entire application. Even visa exempt people get denied sometimes. It's up to the individual CBSA agent.

roy1107

Feb 1, 2016
Hi All - I see there are quite a few successful stories in this forum, congratulations to all and all the best to the remaining ones.
I am new here and have few questions, if someone can help me. I recently got married out of Canada and since my wife had visitor visa she was able to enter the Canada with me. I am PR and working here.
My questions are-
1) Is the inland application filing is easy or do i need to hire a attorney/agency ?
2) Do i need to update my passport with spouse name before i send my wife's PR application or i can update my passport later as well ?

Please let me know, many thanks in advance!!