+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

oceanlove

Jul 3, 2015
After I spoke on friday to the CIC agent who told that my application fro OWP and PR might be lost, I called to the call centre again and the other agent said that it is most likely that my application hasn't been opened yet. She said she will send to the processing centre my tracking number and receipt number. I am October 15 applicant. :'(

Patricija

Jan 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2015
AOR Received.
August 15 2015
I know this topic has been around for a while, but I just wanted to clarify some concerns that I have. I sent out my PR application (my husband is sponsoring me) in June, 2015, it was received on June 12th, 2015 and we got AOR on August 15th, 2015. I received my OWP on November 9th, 2015 (single entry) which is valid for 2 years. We already have our trip booked to go visit my family and friends in Latvia in June this year. My husband is coming with me and we are going for 3 weeks. I understand that there is a chance that our PR application can be rejected when coming back to Canada. Is there any way I would be able to keep my single entry OWP or is it automatically going to be denied? I hope there is someone that would be able to help.

Carolinic

Feb 15, 2016
oceanlove said:
After I spoke on friday to the CIC agent who told that my application fro OWP and PR might be lost, I called to the call centre again and the other agent said that it is most likely that my application hasn't been opened yet. She said she will send to the processing centre my tracking number and receipt number. I am October 15 applicant. :'(
I just finished conversation with an agent, been told "Dec. app in process" is wrong information from Mississauga and they are now at Sept 28 (Q: but there are many Dec. app had received their AOR already. A: they might be lucky. --- Wish I have that kind of luck as well!!!).
I am Oct 8 applicant, the agent says might take another 3 weeks for me to receive AOR (when I read maskeeta Oct 5 applicant's post this morning, thought I will have my AOR in few days). Still hoping it will be shorter than 3 weeks! And agree with oceanlove, most likely package's just not been opened yet, but not returned or lost.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patricija said:
I know this topic has been around for a while, but I just wanted to clarify some concerns that I have. I sent out my PR application (my husband is sponsoring me) in June, 2015, it was received on June 12th, 2015 and we got AOR on August 15th, 2015. I received my OWP on November 9th, 2015 (single entry) which is valid for 2 years. We already have our trip booked to go visit my family and friends in Latvia in June this year. My husband is coming with me and we are going for 3 weeks. I understand that there is a chance that our PR application can be rejected when coming back to Canada. Is there any way I would be able to keep my single entry OWP or is it automatically going to be denied? I hope there is someone that would be able to help.
Your OWP does not authorize re-entry.

It's a pretty big risk for someone to leave Canada with an Inland application. Are you sure your vacation is worth the risk?

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
kcura said:
She will have implied status once those twelve days expire, meaning that she can stay here legally while she waits. My husband's temporary resident status expires today, and the agent told us that since he has already applied for an extension of his temporary resident status by applying for an OWP, he will have implied status until he receives it.

I totally empathize with you. This situation sucks, and CIC has been terribly inefficient.
I was told by two agents that I will have implied status because when I submitted my app I had valid OWP. However, I am still worried for 2 reasons.
The 1st reason is I heard that you have to have an Acknowledgement from CIC indicating they have indeed received your app to obtain implied status..I wonder if it's really the case.
The 2nd is that if anything went wrong with app and it's returned, I'll lose my "implied status" and be out of status...
I am so stressed :'( :mad:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daisyli122 said:
I was told by two agents that I will have implied status because when I submitted my app I had valid OWP. However, I am still worried for 2 reasons.
The 1st reason is I heard that you have to have an Acknowledgement from CIC indicating they have indeed received your app to obtain implied status..I wonder if it's really the case.
The 2nd is that if anything went wrong with app and it's returned, I'll lose my "implied status" and be out of status...
I am so stressed :'( :mad:
If you already had a valid OWP when you submitted your Inland application, you still have that status (unless it has since expired).

If a person's OWP and/or Inland application is returned, and they are covered under implied status, they fall out of status. For this reason, some people choose to submit a visitor extension, just in case. In most cases it's redundant, but if something ends up being returned...it can be a life saver. It really is a personal choice.

Good luck!

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
If you already had a valid OWP when you submitted your Inland application, you still have that status (unless it has since expired).

If a person's OWP and/or Inland application is returned, and they are covered under implied status, they fall out of status. For this reason, some people choose to submit a visitor extension, just in case. In most cases it's redundant, but if something ends up being returned...it can be a life saver. It really is a personal choice.

Good luck!
My husband's temporary resident status expired as of yesterday, so he is now under implied status. Both times we called CIC, the agents told us that we don't need to do anything further since he has already applied to extend his temporary resident status via work permit. To be safe, do you think it's still worth applying for a visitor extension at this juncture? The agent said that she would send a note to Mississauga for our application to be processed since it's already passed the 4-month mark (we applied October 9th).

Patricija

Jan 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2015
AOR Received.
August 15 2015
Ponga said:
Your OWP does not authorize re-entry.

It's a pretty big risk for someone to leave Canada with an Inland application. Are you sure your vacation is worth the risk?
I haven't seen my family for almost 3 years now and I want my husband to meet them as well. We actually went on a honeymoon to Aruba last year in July, 2015 (a month after our application was sent out) and we had no problems coming back, the only difference is that I didn't have my OWP then. Is it 100% that I will lose my OWP when entering Canada?

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Follow-up question: has anyone heard of an OWP application in conjunction with PR under spouse-in-Canada class being rejected?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patricija said:
I haven't seen my family for almost 3 years now and I want my husband to meet them as well. We actually went on a honeymoon to Aruba last year in July, 2015 (a month after our application was sent out) and we had no problems coming back, the only difference is that I didn't have my OWP then. Is it 100% that I will lose my OWP when entering Canada?

Who told you that the OWP would be canceled?

The OWP doesn't authorize re-entry, but it's not something that would be revoked if you are allowed to re-enter.

If you do decide to go, just leave the OWP at home. You don't need it with you anyway.

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Ponga said:

Good luck!
Thank you for the information and suggestion,Ponga!
My OWP is good until May 11th...if I don't hear anything from CIC in the first week of Apr...I'm going to apply for an extension...

Carolinic

Feb 15, 2016
kcura said:
My husband's temporary resident status expired as of yesterday, so he is now under implied status. Both times we called CIC, the agents told us that we don't need to do anything further since he has already applied to extend his temporary resident status via work permit. To be safe, do you think it's still worth applying for a visitor extension at this juncture? The agent said that she would send a note to Mississauga for our application to be processed since it's already passed the 4-month mark (we applied October 9th).
My PR and OWP were sent 1 month apart and OWP got refused because of no PR app info in the system, and I end up applying restoration of status as visitor last Thur. If you had PR and OWP sent together might be safer. But since he's TRV status is expired already, you can not apply for extension but restore, is it correct? BTW, before I sent OWP, I'd been told the same thing by agent - no need to do anything further as applying OWP give me implied status....

Patricija

Jan 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2015
AOR Received.
August 15 2015
Ponga said:
Who told you that the OWP would be canceled?

The OWP doesn't authorize re-entry, but it's not something that would be revoked if you are allowed to re-enter.

If you do decide to go, just leave the OWP at home. You don't need it with you anyway.
I just assumed that it would be "cancelled" if I tried to re-enter Canada with a single entry OWP.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
Archenemy said:
Hi everyone,

Seems like there are many of you in the Oct/Nov application pool that are getting worried about your application being lost.

I am a Sept 28 applicant for PR/OWP and got my AOR on Feb 6th as mentioned in my earlier post. The same situation happened to us and I believe at least one other applicant as well. When we called on Jan 28th (4 months since the application was received), we were told that our application cannot be found and is not entered into the system. Naturally, we got quite worried as the call center agent only assured us by saying that they will be sending a note to the processing center to look for our application. We got our AOR a week after that and called again a week after to ask about our OWP.

The call center agent told us that they were not able to find our OWP application (but we sent it in the same package with the PR app so it was kind of unbelievable) and told us to check back again a week after. We then called again the following week and this time they told us they that they have found the application and will be processing it. We have since not heard back from them and are still awaiting our OWP.

As you can see from the time line, it clearly exceeds the 4 months threshold for OWP and even the AOR came much later than usual. I hope this gives a little comfort to Oct/Nov applicants.

On a side note, I don't think there's an AOR for the OWP application right? I mean you simply receive it in the mail when it has been processed. Is this correct?

Thanks!
This is quite comforting, thanks for sharing. I contacted my MP's office and they are also looking into tracking down my application. fingers crossed

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
brittanyquesada said:
If you look at this timeline it shows app that were filed in 2014 and 2015/2016.. you can see there that everyone from october and november and some september (2015) who have inputed their info... they havn't gotten info either and they're in the same position as you.
Yes, good point. Although I am among the Oct/Nov 2015 applicants as well, I urge everyone to be patient. I don't believe it's unusual for us not to have received anything at this point, in fact, the only unusual thing is that many December applicants have (and good for them!). In addition, If you notice on the spreadsheet, there is one October applicant who can see AOR in ECAS, so we can't conclude they are all lost. As well, there does seem to be a trend in approvals (with some exceptions). The end of September applicants have received AOR, stands to reason the beginning of October are next. Breath deep for the next few weeks, and I suspect we will notice the first few October applicants receiving AOR.

I am only making these points as I found myself getting stressed recently as well, and that stress isn't helping the process. Calling CIC, or contacting your MP's so early in the process may do nothing, or may lead to further delays. To each their own, I understand we all have unique situations, I am merely offering an opinion which hopefully helps some.

Glen