+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Hi everyone, there's two addresses for vegreville, I would like to know which unit # i need to mail to for my OWP.

Extensions:

Citizenship and Immigration - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Work permits for new employers

CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Hello everybody!

I would be submitting my PR application in about a week's time and I alos wish to apply for an Open Work Permit. Could somebody please provide me information about the OWP application?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
I would be getting married this week and also I'm planning to submit my PR application by next week. Since, I'm getting married in Ontario, it takes about 2 months to obtain the marriage certificate, is it possible to send an application before the marriage certificate is received, with other proof of marriage (solemnization of marriage) with a letter stating the reason for the unavailable marriage certifcate and that it would be submitted once received?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
erable_rouge said:
I would be getting married this week and also I'm planning to submit my PR application by next week. Since, I'm getting married in Ontario, it takes about 2 months to obtain the marriage certificate, is it possible to send an application before the marriage certificate is received, with other proof of marriage (solemnization of marriage) with a letter stating the reason for the unavailable marriage certifcate and that it would be submitted once received?
I already answered your question in another post you made. Please refrain from posting the same question in multiple threads.

What other information do you need about the OWP application? You send it in at the same time as the inland PR application. The OWP takes 4-5 months to get and lasts 2 years.

PSTSC

Jul 9, 2015
Blossom318 said:
Hi everyone, there's two addresses for vegreville, I would like to know which unit # i need to mail to for my OWP.

Extensions:

CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Work permits for new employers

CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
" Applicants who have already submitted an application for permanent residence under the SCLPC class but have not yet applied for an open work permit should complete a work permit application, include the appropriate fee, indicating that they are applying for an open work permit, and submit it to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, at the following address:

CPC – Vegreville
WP - Unit 777
6212-55 Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6 "

that's where I sent mine. I had also called to confirm whether unit 777 was the correct one

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mattster26 said:
So latest update is as follows: the wife got in touch with them, she is nowhere to be found in the system, so she gave them all the info they need, but now we cannot find the tracking number for the shipment anywhere. It looks as though we are hooped as there is no way for us to get the tracking number if we can't find the canada post receipt...

Also, the kind lady said that given the fact she has not received her OWP after 4 months, and is not in the system yet, it means that her application has not even been opened by anyone. And their policy is, if you call even an hour before 4 months has passed, to wait. They won't even tell you that your application is not being processed yet, or whether they have even received it. This is a nightmare. In 12 days, her legal status in Canada expires. What are we supposed to do now?!?
She will have implied status once those twelve days expire, meaning that she can stay here legally while she waits. My husband's temporary resident status expires today, and the agent told us that since he has already applied for an extension of his temporary resident status by applying for an OWP, he will have implied status until he receives it.

I totally empathize with you. This situation sucks, and CIC has been terribly inefficient.

mattster26

Nov 24, 2015
kcura said:
She will have implied status once those twelve days expire, meaning that she can stay here legally while she waits. My husband's temporary resident status expires today, and the agent told us that since he has already applied for an extension of his temporary resident status by applying for an OWP, he will have implied status until he receives it.

I totally empathize with you. This situation sucks, and CIC has been terribly inefficient.
The issue is that we have no proof that they have even received the package. She is not in the system, meaning her envelope has either not even been opened or not logged yet. And they refuse to do anything without us providing a tracking number. We've since moved and can no longer locate the tracking number.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
mattster26 said:
The issue is that we have no proof that they have even received the package. She is not in the system, meaning her envelope has either not even been opened or not logged yet. And they refuse to do anything without us providing a tracking number. We've since moved and can no longer locate the tracking number.
If she is here on visitor status, she can apply to extend her stay as a visitor. My husband did this incase his OWP or PR application got returned for any reason... unfortunately we did not anticipate that CIC may lose the entire thing. It takes a long time to process extensions as well

Archenemy

Sep 14, 2015
Hi everyone,

Seems like there are many of you in the Oct/Nov application pool that are getting worried about your application being lost.

I am a Sept 28 applicant for PR/OWP and got my AOR on Feb 6th as mentioned in my earlier post. The same situation happened to us and I believe at least one other applicant as well. When we called on Jan 28th (4 months since the application was received), we were told that our application cannot be found and is not entered into the system. Naturally, we got quite worried as the call center agent only assured us by saying that they will be sending a note to the processing center to look for our application. We got our AOR a week after that and called again a week after to ask about our OWP.

The call center agent told us that they were not able to find our OWP application (but we sent it in the same package with the PR app so it was kind of unbelievable) and told us to check back again a week after. We then called again the following week and this time they told us they that they have found the application and will be processing it. We have since not heard back from them and are still awaiting our OWP.

As you can see from the time line, it clearly exceeds the 4 months threshold for OWP and even the AOR came much later than usual. I hope this gives a little comfort to Oct/Nov applicants.

On a side note, I don't think there's an AOR for the OWP application right? I mean you simply receive it in the mail when it has been processed. Is this correct?

Thanks!

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
Archenemy said:
Hi everyone,

Seems like there are many of you in the Oct/Nov application pool that are getting worried about your application being lost.

I am a Sept 28 applicant for PR/OWP and got my AOR on Feb 6th as mentioned in my earlier post. The same situation happened to us and I believe at least one other applicant as well. When we called on Jan 28th (4 months since the application was received), we were told that our application cannot be found and is not entered into the system. Naturally, we got quite worried as the call center agent only assured us by saying that they will be sending a note to the processing center to look for our application. We got our AOR a week after that and called again a week after to ask about our OWP.

The call center agent told us that they were not able to find our OWP application (but we sent it in the same package with the PR app so it was kind of unbelievable) and told us to check back again a week after. We then called again the following week and this time they told us they that they have found the application and will be processing it. We have since not heard back from them and are still awaiting our OWP.

As you can see from the time line, it clearly exceeds the 4 months threshold for OWP and even the AOR came much later than usual. I hope this gives a little comfort to Oct/Nov applicants.

On a side note, I don't think there's an AOR for the OWP application right? I mean you simply receive it in the mail when it has been processed. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Congratulations on your AOR and hope you receive your OWP soon. No, there's no AOR for OWP, you just receive it in the mail.

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Hello everyone! October 5th applicant here (sponsorship and OWP)

I called CIC this morning and the gentleman on the phone after asking me several questions told me that he has my sponsorship application in the system but nothing about my OWP (and we sent it in the same package). He then told me he was going to send a note to the Mississauga office to find out why they havent processed my OWP since my sponsorship application was in the system. He also asked me for my tracking number and mailing service. I'm happy they have my sponsorship in the system but I find it odd that OWP is not since both were together. Anyone in the same boat?

Thank you! And good luck to you all !!

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
I am a November 26th applicant and I haven't received anything from CIC as of now.

I called CIC today and the gentleman asked for my tracking number, receipt number and etc and I was told that he will send this information along so they can look into my application and I will be contacted via phone. Hope this helps to the people in the same boat and I would encourage people to call CIC.

Hoping for faster processing time.

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Archenemy said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Congratulations on your AOR!!!
AOR will be issued only for the PR application, OWP will be directly issued through mail.

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
mskeeta said:
Hello everyone! October 5th applicant here (sponsorship and OWP)

I called CIC this morning and the gentleman on the phone after asking me several questions told me that he has my sponsorship application in the system but nothing about my OWP (and we sent it in the same package). He then told me he was going to send a note to the Mississauga office to find out why they havent processed my OWP since my sponsorship application was in the system. He also asked me for my tracking number and mailing service. I'm happy they have my sponsorship in the system but I find it odd that OWP is not since both were together. Anyone in the same boat?

Thank you! And good luck to you all !!
aero_eng said:
I am a November 26th applicant and I haven't received anything from CIC as of now.

I called CIC today and the gentleman asked for my tracking number, receipt number and etc and I was told that he will send this information along so they can look into my application and I will be contacted via phone. Hope this helps to the people in the same boat and I would encourage people to call CIC.

Hoping for faster processing time.
I am on the same boat too !

Our app was received on Oct 14th, no AOR, no OWP till date. I had been really patient till it crossed 4 months. Today called CIC only to hear the same response as other Oct/Nov applicants in this forum. Both the sponsorship application and OWP are not entered into the system. Now it is very disheartening to be in such a situation, I can definitely understand the other applicants state of mind. Wish all of us speedy processing of at least our OWP apps. Good luck to you all !!!

Archenemy

Sep 14, 2015
Fly2016Canada said:
Congratulations on your AOR!!!
AOR will be issued only for the PR application, OWP will be directly issued through mail.

Thanks Aero_eng and Fly2016Canada for responding.