+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

2015daisy

Feb 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
sent with app
my parents want to claim me as a dependent because they want to claim my tuition money that they payed for in their taxes. is this a problem ? i am sponsoring my spouse in an inland application .. please let me no

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simonjsf said:
I'm an Oct 2 applicant and I got the same response this morning!
How have you guys been able to get through the automated system? Oct. 9th applicant here... I would also like to call them.

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Hi Everyone, Just wondering if i need to include LMIA Labour Market Impact assessment in my OWP application?

Thanks so much!

crystallps

May 21, 2015
kcura said:
How have you guys been able to get through the automated system? Oct. 9th applicant here... I would also like to call them.
It's something like this (after the French message):

Press 1 - Application status
Press 1 - Find the status
Press 2 - Temporary work permit
Listen to the processing time blah blah
Press 1 - Continue
Application number: Any random number & the pound key
Press 1 to confirm
Birth year: XXXX
Press 1 to confirm
The system will tell you that your information is wrong. THIS is where you press zero really fast and get transferred to a real person.

Hope that helps.

map76

Jul 15, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sent with application
crystallps said:
Oct 2nd applicant.

I called CIC this morning. The agent told me that my PR application has been entered into the system but my work permit app hasn't. He even looked it up by my receipt number. He said he would have someone look into it since it has been past the normal processing time and that I should wait at least a week before calling back.

One more week

Called CIC two weeks ago and got the same response from them, but work permit arrived in the mail today!

Please update spreadsheet. Work permit received in the mail February 2nd!!

Good luck to everyone~

Amour.Ashi

Jan 11, 2016
Jambs said:
Any good news coming from all the September and October applicants? :D

Submitted mine November 2

Thanks
I am Sept 25th applicant and haven't heard back yet. I called CIC and rep told me that they are processing applications received by Sept 21st as of now and I may receive my AOR by next week. I hope this time it works out. Thanks.

mollybloom

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Oct. 2015
Amour.Ashi said:
I am Sept 25th applicant and haven't heard back yet. I called CIC and rep told me that they are processing applications received by Sept 21st as of now and I may receive my AOR by next week. I hope this time it works out. Thanks.
I called the CIC this morning and the representative said they're processing up to September 29. The CIC received my application on Oct. 19, 2015, but I haven't received an AOR. In fact, my application hasn't even been added to the system. So frustrating.

Jambs

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg MB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
crystallps said:
It's something like this (after the French message):

Press 1 - Application status
Press 1 - Find the status
Press 2 - Temporary work permit
Listen to the processing time blah blah
Press 1 - Continue
Application number: Any random number & the pound key
Press 1 to confirm
Birth year: XXXX
Press 1 to confirm
The system will tell you that your information is wrong. THIS is where you press zero really fast and get transferred to a real person.

Hope that helps.
This will help a lot thanks

Jambs

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg MB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
chuphuc said:
I think all of September applicants received their work permits already. I don't see any September applicant has complained anything in last two weeks. At the same time, I don't see any October informed us any good news. I'm an October applicant too and haven't heard anything neither. It's almost 4 months already and I have to say that October applicants are those in much trouble so far. No AOR, no work permit, nothing. I don't understand why CIC has skipped over us.
i think you need to call them after 4 months which can speed up the process because of the TAT in the CIC website.

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Blossom318 said:
Hi Everyone, Just wondering if i need to include LMIA Labour Market Impact assessment in my OWP application?

Thanks so much!
No because the OWP allows you to work anywhere and with any employer.

KirstyCanada

Nov 26, 2015
mollybloom said:
I called the CIC this morning and the representative said they're processing up to September 29. The CIC received my application on Oct. 19, 2015, but I haven't received an AOR. In fact, my application hasn't even been added to the system. So frustrating.
To all of you applicants waiting for AORs and OWPs - I just want to say that from my experience everything will be ok! My group of July applicants were posting the same messages of frustration as for you guys. Most of us called after 4 months - the operator mentioned an expected time period (just a rough guess I think) but flagged it with the processing team and then everything worked out just fine.

My application was received on the July 30, received AOR on 27 October, and my work permit was issued in December.
I'm still waiting on an invitation to apply for my CSQ for Québec - but have decided that stressing about it really won't speed up the process.

I know it feels good to be able to share your frustration - but just know that things really will work out!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linus0 said:
No because the OWP allows you to work anywhere and with any employer.
Almost anywhere and for almost any employer.

Restrictions include the sex trade (strip club, for example) and certain positions in the health care field.

Ay Ne

Jan 14, 2016
simonjsf said:
I'm an Oct 2 applicant and I got the same response this morning!
I am Sep 8th applicant, got a same issue..! An agent told me "this does not happen often."
Called them again 2 weeks later(Feb 2nd) and a really nice agent told me that no news yet from the office though he looked it up for me again by using a receipt and he said that a receipt for work permit has not been used yet... Got AOR on December 8th.

2015daisy

Feb 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
sent with app
hi i have one question about the process
so i handed my application beginning of January.. i received OWP within a few months and AOR at the same time (within 3 months ) ... now i am wondering when will be the next time i hear from them ? it has been 12 months, and i believe it takes 25 months (?)
so when i hear from them next what will it probably be about ? and about the interview ... when do we usually get a request to do the interview ? and is it mostly just landing interview or do they do a more strict interview,, because i am reading the inland 2014 thread and most people only get landing interview ?