+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

manjani

Nov 18, 2013
Regarding OWP Application IMM5710:

Under details of intended work, do I need to fill information for "Intended location of employment , address, job title, duration of expected employment? I am currently employed and on PGWP

Someone please advise

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Linus0 said:
Yes the correct fees for the OWP come out to 255$. Im not sure what those specific questions are. I put the place I am living for the place I intend to work which is Montreal. For the date, I dont quite remember what I put, maybe just N/A. Im pretty sure the fee list is the same for both inland and outland applications, so just attach the receipt to your inland app.
Thank you. From what I remember, I have the option of doing a medical upfront or waiting until it's requested. Is there any advantage on doing a medical upfront? (Since I would most likely need to do a second medical a year later, anyways)

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Decoy24601 said:
Thank you. From what I remember, I have the option of doing a medical upfront or waiting until it's requested. Is there any advantage on doing a medical upfront? (Since I would most likely need to do a second medical a year later, anyways)
I believe an upfront medical with your OWP allows you to work in hospitals and schools. I didnt do an upfront medical because I dont want a job in those fields. Im really not sure about the advantages maybe someone else can chime in

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Linus0 said:
I believe an upfront medical with your OWP allows you to work in hospitals and schools. I didnt do an upfront medical because I dont want a job in those fields. Im really not sure about the advantages maybe someone else can chime in
That's what I found when I searched around, but I wanted to make sure. I wouldn't be working in either fields, so I guess the up-front medical is unnecessary in my case. Thank you for all the help.

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Hello all,
I'm confused regarding my immigration procedure. My husband is a PR . I applied for spousal PR and CIC has received my application. Now we moved from Alberta , my husband works in Ontario and I got a job in Quebec . Even though we visit each other every week, we know that we have to live at the same address for spousal sponsorship. We are confused about which move would be better for our immigration . Either I move to Ontario by finding a job or my husband move here to Quebec by finding a job ???????? Also my work permit is going to expire soon. I'm wondering if I have to get CAQ before applying for my work permit under spousal category?????? I have an open work permit already which I obtained by studying masters degree in Canada . I have it valid for 6 more months . If I want to extend work permit should I have to apply for bridging work permit or work permit under spousal category ??????

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Linus0 said:
Most people can (not a guarantee) cross between the border if they show proof they paid the immigration fees, have an app in progress, and have an OWP.
Just curious if any US people have done this successfully? I'm waiting on OWP but I know it does not authorize re-entry. Will the OWP help me at all if I decide to leave Canada for a week or two then come back?

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Linus0 said:
Yes I did, its a pretty straight forward application if thats what you mean by easy. Im not sure about the maximum time it takes. Have you received a letter from CIC inviting you to apply with the quebec government to get your CSQ? If you look at the inland application timeline document you can see when a few others have received theirs, I believe the average is about a month or two
thanks for your reply.My husband has sponsored me. I did inland application.I'm in working in quebec. My husband works in ontario. He is quitting his job next month to join me in quebec as we have to be in the same address.
1. My husband quitting his job is going to affect my PR process??
2. I'm yet to apply my open work permit. Do I need CAQ for work permit application?
3. We might leave the country for a month during my process. Is it safe to leave and come back?

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
My husband has sponsored me. I did inland application.I'm in working in quebec. My husband works in ontario. He is quitting his job next month to join me in quebec as we have to be in the same address.
2. I'm yet to apply my open work permit as my current work permit is about to expire. Do I need CAQ for work permit application?
3. We might leave the country for a month during my process. Is it safe to leave and come back?

Jambs

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg MB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Any good news coming from all the September and October applicants? :D

Submitted mine November 2

Thanks

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
bm2015 said:
thanks for your reply.My husband has sponsored me. I did inland application.I'm in working in quebec. My husband works in ontario. He is quitting his job next month to join me in quebec as we have to be in the same address.
2. I'm yet to apply my open work permit. Do I need CAQ for work permit application?
1. I dont think so, maybe someone else can answer that
2. No you dont need a CSQ to apply for the work permit
3. No one can say if its safe or not its up to the officer at the border, if they decide to allow you back. Are you from a visa exempt country? Some people have been okay traveling as long as you show the officer that you paid immigration fees, have an app in progress and an OWP, maybe make a new post asking about others travel experiences will help you more. If the officer doesnt allow you to reenter canada your inland application will be gone.

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
Jambs said:
Any good news coming from all the September and October applicants? :D

Submitted mine November 2

Thanks
I think all of September applicants received their work permits already. I don't see any September applicant has complained anything in last two weeks. At the same time, I don't see any October informed us any good news. I'm an October applicant too and haven't heard anything neither. It's almost 4 months already and I have to say that October applicants are those in much trouble so far. No AOR, no work permit, nothing. I don't understand why CIC has skipped over us.

simonjsf

Jan 25, 2015
My application was received by CIC on October 2nd. I haven't received AOR or my OWP yet. I will be calling CIC first thing in the morning. Wish me luck!

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
simonjsf said:
My application was received by CIC on October 2nd. I haven't received AOR or my OWP yet. I will be calling CIC first thing in the morning. Wish me luck!
Wishing you all the good luck!!!

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Oct 2nd applicant.

I called CIC this morning. The agent told me that my PR application has been entered into the system but my work permit app hasn't. He even looked it up by my receipt number. He said he would have someone look into it since it has been past the normal processing time and that I should wait at least a week before calling back.

One more week

Archenemy

Sep 14, 2015
crystallps said:
Oct 2nd applicant.

I called CIC this morning. The agent told me that my PR application has been entered into the system but my work permit app hasn't. He even looked it up by my receipt number. He said he would have someone look into it since it has been past the normal processing time and that I should wait at least a week before calling back.

One more week
Sept 28th applicant. I called them last week and got exactly the same issue and response as you.