Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
makpan said:
Hello to All

I want to get advise on few things if someone help me in understanding.

(1) What is good way to apply for spousal application ? Out land V/s Inland ? If Out land than what are chance of getting spousal visit visa if she want to visit me ?

(2) If i choose for Inland application, is it true that during that processing time spouse can not leave canada until she get PR application approved ? Please advise me on it.

(3) Is it true that if application got rejected due to inland application there is no option to appeal it ?

Hope to get reply on it
1. It depends on the country, inland wait is 25 months, if your spouse is able to get a visiter visa they could be with you while you file an outland application which would be much faster although they would not be able to work.

2. It is advised that your spouse not leave canada during the processing of the inland application because it is a requirement for inland applicants to be living in canada and if they leave and then are denied at the boarder when they try to reenter canada your whole application is gone

3. And yes this is true, there is no appeal for inland apps.

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for reply[quote
author=Linus0 link=topic=255107.msg4890956#msg4890956 date=1452446319]
1. It depends on the country, inland wait is 25 months, if your spouse is able to get a visiter visa they could be with you while you file an outland application which would be much faster although they would not be able to work.

2. It is advised that your spouse not leave canada during the processing of the inland application because it is a requirement for inland applicants to be living in canada and if they leave and then are denied at the boarder when they try to reenter canada your whole application is gone

3. And yes this is true, there is no appeal for inland apps.
[/quote]

Amour.Ashi

Jan 11, 2016
Hi,

I submitted my application as an Inland application on Sept 23, 2015. Application was received on Sept 24, 2015. I am waiting for my AOR. fingers crossed. I see that few of us have the same timelines as me and you have received their AOR. Congratulations!!! :)

Amour.Ashi

Jan 11, 2016
zeloyyy said:
So happy for you :) A great new year's gift. Can you tell me when you receive your AOR? I sent out mine 22nd of Sept and i haven't heard anything yet. Just wondering...

Congrats!
I have the similar timelines as you. Application submitted on Sept23, 2015 and application was received on Sept 24th, 2015. I am waiting for AOR. I see that you have received yours. Congratulations!!!

Obi-Wan

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Hi guys, Wishing all a happy new year!
have some update on my file for the spreadsheet!

I had called the CIC on Dec 14 since it was over 4 months (as of Dec 11) and I had not got my OWP.
The agent said that i should have received it, there was no note on the file.. he put a flag on the file and notified the office internally.
No news yet till Christmas and had to go out of town.
Came back this year and the OWP is in my mailbox!! It says it was issued on Dec 17 (Guess the agent helped process it faster:))
Received in mail on Dec 28th.

Also since I am in Quebec, I had the CSQ from the Quebec government also in the mailbox.

Pat100

Jan 11, 2016
Hi All,

I apply inland to sponsor my spouse, however, we currently do not live together due to his job arrangement; He lives and work in a group home with adults with disabilities. I also sent an application for OWP as well. I was wondering if our application would be refused or delayed because of this situation? His closed work permit expires April, 2016.

Any help advice?

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
"Hi guys, Wishing all a happy new year!

I had called the CIC on Dec 14 since it was over 4 months (as of Dec 11) and I had not got my OWP.
The agent said that i should have received it, there was no note on the file.. he put a flag on the file and notified the office internally.
Came back this year and the OWP is in my mailbox!! It says it was issued on Dec 17 (Guess the agent helped process it faster:))

Also since I am in Quebec, I had the CSQ from the Quebec government also in the mailbox."

Hey in Quebec, do you need the CSQ to get the OWP? Because that can take forever if we have to wait for the letter of sponsorhip approval.

umguanf

Feb 26, 2013
I applied inland and received a letter saying the processing on the application has been completed, the Etobicoke office will be contact us shortly to FInalize the application. Does it mean approval or not ? Can anybody suggest? Thanks

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
VivianeE said:
Hello people

My husband and i are members of this forums and we're following pretty much everything,and u guys are great and really helpful!
I sponsored him and he got his owp in sept. and like everyone else here we're waiting.. Good luck to everyone !

One of my ex coworkers is a guy who married a canadian. She sponsored him ,inland , and he got pilot project owp last year . He made the lady pregnant ,married her and then after couple of months she kicked her out of their house. Now she's complaining how she can't find a job and how life is hard when you're single mom on facebook and he's posting pics on fb of all those nice stuff he can afford while single...
Guy thinks that he'll have no problems in getting his pr just because of that kid ,and he doesn't even live with them and he's not giving them any money...
Is that worth reporting to CiC or we should just leave it be? Do they have some kind of procedure to figure out frauds like that one ?

Thanks
I'm so sorry to hear this. Since the guy hasn't received his PR yet, his ex can withdraw the PR app.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=732&t=14
Do it ASAP, she may get a refund, and the guy most likely will loose his work permit.
Best wishes for her.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MissReeva-Walker said:

Also since I am in Quebec, I had the CSQ from the Quebec government also in the mailbox."

Hey in Quebec, do you need the CSQ to get the OWP? Because that can take forever if we have to wait for the letter of sponsorhip approval.
Congrats!
But... am I missing something? Wasn't your PR app received on Dec 30, 2015?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
umguanf said:
I applied inland and received a letter saying the processing on the application has been completed, the Etobicoke office will be contact us shortly to FInalize the application. Does it mean approval or not ? Can anybody suggest? Thanks
Congrats, it's a DM! You should get an email from Etobicoke in the coming month.

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
sophieee said:
Congrats!
But... am I missing something? Wasn't your PR app received on Dec 30, 2015?
Obi-wan originally posted that, and it looks like she commented on it by quoting it but must of took out the word/brackets to not make it a quote anymore.

Obi-Wan

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
MissReeva-Walker said:

Hey MissReeva-Walker,
I received both my OWP and my CSQ almost at the same time, so does not look like you need the CSQ as a pre-requisite for the OWP.

Hi Sophie,
Yes that was my timeline update that MissReeva-Walker quoted for her question.

KirstyCanada

Nov 26, 2015
Obi-Wan said:
Hey MissReeva-Walker,
I received both my OWP and my CSQ almost at the same time, so does not look like you need the CSQ as a pre-requisite for the OWP.

Hi Sophie,
Yes that was my timeline update that MissReeva-Walker quoted for her question.
Hey there!

I am also a Québec applicant, and while I received my OWP in December, I have not yet been sent a letter asking us to apply for a CSQ. I am interested to know if you received this letter and had already applied for your CSQ. I just had the impression that this step happened a little later in the process.

Maybe your case is different in some way?

Congratulations by the way, am very pleased for you!

jailbird2569

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Hi I'm already on the spreadsheet and I need an update. My application was received on the 10th of December and I received an AOR today (Jan 12th). I would also like to update that my OWP application was included in my application and my medicals were not done up front. My country of origin is The Bahamas and I live in Toronto.
Also am I able to go my medicals now that I have my AOR and will it be in time for my OWP?