AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
My husband and I have all his papers ready to be sent out to apply Inland for his Permanent Residency. We just found out about the Open work permit pilot thing. It is really confusing me, and I have some question I desperately need answered ASAP as I want to get everything so I can send them out together.

1. My husband does not have an intended occupation in mind, as he has been here in Ontario with me for the last year on a temporary Resident Visa and he hasn't been able to work. Can we just write 'Anything' because literally he just wants to work anywhere to get some money to start helping save money, while his permanent residency application is being processed. Just wondering what other people wrote if they were unsure.

2. Because he doesn't know what kind of job specifically he would like, we don't know specifically what duration of expected employment to put either..

any insight would be great,

Thank you

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
brittanyquesada said:
My husband and I have all his papers ready to be sent out to apply Inland for his Permanent Residency. We just found out about the Open work permit pilot thing. It is really confusing me, and I have some question I desperately need answered ASAP as I want to get everything so I can send them out together.

1. My husband does not have an intended occupation in mind, as he has been here in Ontario with me for the last year on a temporary Resident Visa and he hasn't been able to work. Can we just write 'Anything' because literally he just wants to work anywhere to get some money to start helping save money, while his permanent residency application is being processed. Just wondering what other people wrote if they were unsure.

2. Because he doesn't know what kind of job specifically he would like, we don't know specifically what duration of expected employment to put either..

any insight would be great,

Thank you
Just write 'Anywhere' and 'Anything'. Should be alright. It works for me.

KaraJade

Dec 9, 2015
Hi guys,

Love all of the OWP success stories out there!! Congrats to everyone!

I am a little worried about my application. I sent it in around the 13th of October and am yet to hear anything - which seems normal. What I am worried about is the validity of my passport. It expires on the 07th of December 2017. Does anyone know if they will still approve it if my Visa is approved? Will they deny it? Or perhaps approve with conditions to renew it?

Let me know if you have had any experience with this!!

Thanks - Kara

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
Hi! I am so stressed right now. I under paid my OWP application. I sent my PR AND OWP nov. 3,2015 then the cic received it Nov 4,2015 according to canada post and my work permit is going to expire on april 2016. I dont know what to do. I read all the post and most of all the cic send back all the OWP app. What will I do if the OWP pilot program will end this march. Do i need to pay the $100 or wait for the cic to send back my application?i will goning to take too long and maybe that time my work permit is already expired. I am already stuck and want to move with my life. So much stressed.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
sawadee-eh said:
My update got missed in the last spreadsheet update I think:

For spreadsheet update: AOR received December 4th, 2015.

Thanks! ;D
Thanks for the update, and congrats! :)

berylia

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Request
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
17-12-2016
Ponga said:
As long as the course is not more than 6 months long, it's not a problem.

Personally...I'd save the money and learn (basic) French by watching YouTube tutorials. :)
hello. about the class you will take, are you sure you are allowed to do that?
I got my OWP today, it is clearly said on condition3 we are not allowed to take any course. Or language courses are not included?

Hoping to get the answer because I am planning to do that too ^^

Erdbeerchen

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015 -
IELTS Request
OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
chuphuc said:
Is there any July applicants still waiting for OWP ?
yes, I`m still waiting :-\ at the moment I can`t imagine nothing better then finally being able to go every day to work and finally doing something other then being a housewife (I probably cooked every damn recipe available on youtube lol ), what an awesome x-mas present my work permit would be !! Congrats to all of you, who already received their work permits and good luck to everyone in the waiting line.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
berylia said:
hello. about the class you will take, are you sure you are allowed to do that?
I got my OWP today, it is clearly said on condition3 we are not allowed to take any course. Or language courses are not included?

Hoping to get the answer because I am planning to do that too ^^
Even with an OWP, you can take any courses that are less than 6 months to complete, provided that they are not part of a whole program requirement that is longer than 6 months, ie university degree.

jailbird2569

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Hi Everyone. I just sent in my application yesterday. Do I have to wait for it to be received before I get added to the list or can I be added now?

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
KaraJade said:
Hi guys,

Love all of the OWP success stories out there!! Congrats to everyone!

I am a little worried about my application. I sent it in around the 13th of October and am yet to hear anything - which seems normal. What I am worried about is the validity of my passport. It expires on the 07th of December 2017. Does anyone know if they will still approve it if my Visa is approved? Will they deny it? Or perhaps approve with conditions to renew it?

Let me know if you have had any experience with this!!

Thanks - Kara
Good morning Kara, you should not need to worry about your passport expiring in December 2017. For the OWP they either make it valid for 2 years OR up until your passport expires (if less than 2 years). My passport expires August 2017, therfore my OWP expires in Aug 2017.

Do not worry, you will be fine.

vivek4u4me

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NOVE SCOTIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 09
Nomination.....
AINP....NOV 27 2015
AOR Received.
March/08/2016
Med's Request
NOV 07 2016
Med's Done....
NOV 08 2016
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
jailbird2569 said:
Hi Everyone. I just sent in my application yesterday. Do I have to wait for it to be received before I get added to the list or can I be added now?
same with me....sent application on dec 09 2015.

Angie9011

Aug 18, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2011
Same here. Couriered my application on Dec 09th. Could you please add me to the spreadsheet?

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
jailbird, vivek, angie - since the first entry on the spreadsheet is the date the application is received, I imagine post back here as soon as your tracking number/courier shows it was received. Or maybe you can indicate the expected delivery date and update it in case it changes. I'm sure the people that attend to the spreadsheet will get you all added in there. More people to hang out and wait with, lol :D

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Mbazinga said:
I'm really frustrated and tired ... applied Sept. 18th no AOR or OWP what so ever ? ... rejected couple of offers because of that, i was aiming for Dec. to OWP ..feeling really sad :'(
Sorry yours is taking so long. It seems that beginning of July applicants got them fast, I got mine within 2 months. On average though the waiting time for it is 4 months, so you have until January. I don't think many August applicants have got theirs yet.

And don't worry too much about AOR, some people don't get it. I haven't received mine yet. Luckily I can login to ECAS with the UCI supplied on my OWP.

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Hello everyone.
Can someone clear something up for me. After getting OWP can we leave the country? Anyone has experience with this?

thank you