May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GlenL said:
Thank you for the reply. We chose the inland route, such a hard decision! Looking forward to receipt of the OWP, then we can rest easy for a while. I mailed my box of papers last night, now we wait along with everyone else!

Date Application sent: Oct 28, 2015
Date Application received: Nov 2, 2015 (expected delivery Xpresspost)
Date AOR email received: N/A
Country of Origin: Ireland
Canadian City of Residence: Calgary
OWP sent (w/ application?) YES
Medical done (w/ application?) NO
Police check done (w/ application?) YES
I've added you, thanks for sharing.
It's still not too late to change your mind, withdraw the inland app and apply outland. For someone from the UK it would be so much faster.

Markito29

Jan 3, 2014
BritRam said:
We got our AOR today, stating they did receive the application on August 5th. Hopefully the OWP is just around the corner now!
Great news! Hoping to get mine soon as well. Is it sent to the main applicant or to the sponsor?

anneecarillo

Oct 7, 2015
Hi! Any updates on July applicants here?? July 23 applicant then Got my AOR oct13... What date should i expect for an OWP?? Is it through email again?? We currently updated our address (we moved) hope that there's gonna be no problem with that.. thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anneecarillo said:
Hi! Any updates on July applicants here?? July 23 applicant then Got my AOR oct13... What date should i expect for an OWP?? Is it through email again?? We currently updated our address (we moved) hope that there's gonna be no problem with that.. thanks!

The OWP will arrive via snail mail, without any warning. One day, you'll check your mail and it will magically be there.

Hopefully, if the OWP has your old address, you paid for mail forwarding service from Canada Post and they don't screw up.

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Hey ponga or any other seniors. Please advise on the following: I arrived in Canada June 26th visa exempt so I'm good till December 26th. I'm pretty sure my OWP will not be granted. (short of a miracle) to submit a new one once I've got the final decision for my OWP app does it have to done before the 26th December or am I ok after this date? I know the pilot programme finishes before and is up in the air as to whether it will carry on. Hopefully the liberals help us out. Also does the PR app stay in the system if it's all in order and you just get a letter regarding the OWP or do they send everything back?

Cooldoctor87

Oct 29, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm new here and not so familiar with the OWP terms.

Anyway, I have a question amd would really appreciate some help. I applied under family class in March 2014. November 2014 I received my CSQ, because I am applying from Quebec.
September 2015 I received a letter from cic to do my medical. Then just today I received a letter from cic saying that my application for permanent residence is COMPLETE, and that they will send me a letter with an appointment to finalize my permanent residence papers. I guess that's the interview or ceremony they do.

When should I expect that date to be?? Like am I going to wait more than a month? If anyone has any experience or info, it is highly appreciated.

Also, when I get that done can I work now? Or start applying for universities? Or am I still not allowed?

Thank you so much.

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
hi there,

quick update - I just received AOR (October 29, 2015). Please update the schedule :) thanks!

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am waiting for my OWP applications are returned because of insufficient fee. My applications were received on 23rd July and we got AOR on 16/OCT. then we found out we missed the $100 for OWP and waiting for it to be returned.

I know there are SOME randomness of CIC but I just wonder has anyone waited full 4 months to get OWP apps back?

I see some people get their apps back like 1 or 2 months after they sent but mine hasn't been returned yet.

Thanks

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
For July applicants i was told that they will receive their OWP from Nov 23 onwards..from the call centre...I odnt know how reliable this is though...Anyone in july who has received their OWP???(by miracle)..Pls share..

Am going crazy staying at home!!!!!

Good luck to all

Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
shreecharan said:
For July applicants i was told that they will receive their OWP from Nov 23 onwards..from the call centre...I odnt know how reliable this is though...Anyone in july who has received their OWP???(by miracle)..Pls share..

Good luck to all
Thanks for this information. Looking forward to this date at least puts me at ease for a while. I applied in July and confirmed they received it July 13th. Hopefully the person you spoke to is correct. The house is a real pain and stress.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
shreecharan said:

Good luck to all
My application was received July 7th. And I got my OWP September 29th so the call centre seems a bit off. I guess everyone's application is in a different pile though, lol.

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
sophieee said:
I've added you, thanks for sharing.
It's still not too late to change your mind, withdraw the inland app and apply outland. For someone from the UK it would be so much faster.
Yeah, I've weighed the options, it's the work permit that's most important, and this way it's 4 months (well before my wifes IEC expires). I know what you're saying with regards to the outland being far quicker, though however minuscule the 'risk' of it taking to long, or of a mistake being made on my forms, or of a denial for some reason causing my wife to be unable to work, there is still a risk.

What's the word on applying inland and outland at the same time? I'm guessing as with most things, the result is mixed, and seemingly random.

Glen

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Hello guys. Would love some help on this subject:

So I'm here in Canada with a study/work visa that expires 21st Nov 2015. We applied for Spousal Sponsorship on October 5th 2015 and the application was received same day by courier. I also sent together with the application the application for a OWP. My question is the following: Should I apply for a visitor visa extension? or any kind of extension? I'm afraid I won't get the AOR before Nov 21st and my status will be expired. What should I do?

Thank you so much :)