INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
I added you, thanks for sharing!

To add to Ponga's thoughts, I don't see any harm in doing the medicals before you are asked to and sending it to CIC, I know that many members did that with no problem. This is the address to send:
INLAND SCLP
CPC Mississauga
PO BOX 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON L5A 3A4
The only real harm, is that the medical results expire one year after the exam...which is far less than the ~ 2 years + processing time for an Inland applicant. If the OP decides to do the medical before the CIC request, I'd suggest waiting until early next year.

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Ponga said:
The vast majority of those that paid the incorrect fee (even those that submitted a second payment online), had their OWP returned and had to re-submit with the proper receipt(s). They also went back to the `end of the line', regarding processing times.

I don't know what, if anything, your lawyer or MP could do to expedite the process, since it was your mistake, unfortunately.
Thanks. Actually it was my lawyers mistake. Could you please address my original question. Should I submit another OWP now (when I get my UCI) is there likely to be any issue should the permit that is currently in my application be granted. Just to cut down on the waiting time. As much fun as being a single income family is at the moment. I'd rather get working ASAP.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matt_bilbo said:
Thanks. Actually it was my lawyers mistake. Could you please address my original question. Should I submit another OWP now (when I get my UCI) is there likely to be any issue should the permit that is currently in my application be granted. Just to cut down on the waiting time. As much fun as being a single income family is at the moment. I'd rather get working ASAP.
Sending a new OWP now, will only confuse matters. Unfortunately, you should just wait to see what CIC does with the OWP that they already have.

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Ponga said:
Sending a new OWP now, will only confuse matters. Unfortunately, you should just wait to see what CIC does with the OWP that they already have.
Thanks Ponga. I appreciate your fast response, hopefully something comes of it. Even if I'm peeing into the wind i have to try every option possible. Talk about a stressful time in my life! Hopefully once the liberal government gets established we will see some big changes to the family class programme.

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
Markito said:
Hi - have any early August applicants received an aor yet?
Hi Markito, I am an early August applicant (Aug 6th was the date they received the application) no AOR yet. I'm not too worried about the no AOR as it seems to arrive at various times, if it even arrives at all. Hopefully I will receive the OWP within a couple of weeks.

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
Markito said:
Thanks BritRam my app was received Aug 5th. Hope to hear something soon.
Actually (after looking at the tracking doc again) my app was received on the 5th also, so we are on very much the same time frame.

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
Guys

We got our AOR today.

Application Received at CIC: July 31, 2015
AOR Received: October 27, 2015
OWP: Sent with Application
Meds: Sent with Application
Police Certificate: Sent with Application

Please add me to the list.

I cannot although see anything on the e-CAS thing. I am using Sponsor's credentials to open the application online. Does it take some time to update online? Shall I use my Spouse's credentials?

Any July end applicants got OWP?

Appreciate your help!

HirenP

Oct 26, 2015
HirenP said:
Hello Everyone,

I have inland application in process and applied for OWP at the same time at CPC Mississauga. But my OWP application was returned saying that i paid insufficient fees and was advised to pay the right amount and resubmit the application. I paid only $155 and realized that i have to pay additional $100 which i did and resubmit the application to CPC Mississauga. I called CIC for update on OWP as my wife's visitor time (6 month) was expiring, and they told me that I should have resubmitted my OWP application to Vegreville, Alberta!!!!! The letter that I received from CPC Mississauga did not mention anything that I should resubmit to Alberta, so is this correct? Did anyone else experienced the same thing?
So if i apply for OWP to Alberta now, would it confuse the system as I'll have OWP application at two places (Alberta and Mississauga)?

tanaby2000

Oct 21, 2015
Hi all,
We called cic today and my work permit is approved and in the mail.
Application sent: ( inland + owp) May 22ND 2015
Aor received: July 22
OWP returned insufficient fees: July 23rd
OWP resubmitted : July 23rd
OWP issued: Oct 22nd
God bless you all!

HirenP

Oct 26, 2015
tanaby2000 said:
Hi all,
We called cic today and my work permit is approved and in the mail.
Application sent: ( inland + owp) May 22ND 2015
Aor received: July 22
OWP returned insufficient fees: July 23rd
OWP resubmitted : July 23rd
OWP issued: Oct 22nd
God bless you all!
Hi tanaby2000,

Could you tell me where did you resubmit your OWP? (Mississauga or Alberta?) I had the same situation of OWP return due to insufficient fees which i paid and resubmitted to Mississauga. But when i called CIC, they told me that i should have resubmitted to Alberta. I don't want to submit OWP at two places and create confusion. So it would be very helpful if you could let me know where you resubmitted your OWP. Thanks a lot!

tanaby2000

Oct 21, 2015
I resubmitted to Vegreville, Alberta.
There was a letter with returned application which was saying "you have to resubmit to this address (Vegreville )".
Maybe you should call CIC and ask if you have to resend your application to Vegreville. It's very confusing and alot of people have made mistakes in fees, etc.
Best of luck

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
sophieee said:
Hi,
AFAIK Alberta is very generous and she would have health coverage as your married spouse even she has not got work permit. Please check it with the FAQ and/or with the official website.
There is an equal chance for an interview for further assessment in both ways, but according to what you said about your relationship and your proofs, I would not worry about that.
Check the outland processing times:
If you apply quickly, you have a good chance to have your wife's PR by July. But that's your call, you are aware of the risks and advantages, now you have to make the decision.
Good luck!
Thank you for the reply. We chose the inland route, such a hard decision! Looking forward to receipt of the OWP, then we can rest easy for a while. I mailed my box of papers last night, now we wait along with everyone else!

Date Application sent: Oct 28, 2015
Date Application received: Nov 2, 2015 (expected delivery Xpresspost)
Date AOR email received: N/A
Country of Origin: Ireland
Canadian City of Residence: Calgary
OWP sent (w/ application?) YES
Medical done (w/ application?) NO
Police check done (w/ application?) YES

HirenP

Oct 26, 2015
tanaby2000 said:
I resubmitted to Vegreville, Alberta.
There was a letter with returned application which was saying "you have to resubmit to this address (Vegreville )".
Maybe you should call CIC and ask if you have to resend your application to Vegreville. It's very confusing and alot of people have made mistakes in fees, etc.
Best of luck
Thanks for the reply. The letter that I received did not said anything like that. It just said that the package that was returned, additional documents and this letter should be resubmitted. First time I called CIC for update on OWP and i found out that i should have resubmitted to alberta and he asked to do that. But i called again to confirm as the letter did not mention to resubmit to alberta, they said that i should wait until i hear anything from mississauga, and not have two application at the same time. Even they are confused. But the visitor status is expiring soon, so may be i should just submit a new application to alberta with an explanation letter, so that I'll have implied status (?).

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
We got our AOR today, stating they did receive the application on August 5th. Hopefully the OWP is just around the corner now!