+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

SaraF

Aug 25, 2015
Hi, i am getting my paperwork together and have a question. Question is about dependents. I have one child that is in college in the States. How can or do i add her to my depended list. I would like to add her as coming to Canada, just not sure if i can.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
SaraF said:
Hi, i am getting my paperwork together and have a question. Question is about dependents. I have one child that is in college in the States. How can or do i add her to my depended list. I would like to add her as coming to Canada, just not sure if i can.
How old is she? If under 19, you might be able to add her.

SaraF

Aug 25, 2015
she is 18 and will turn 19 in October. I did not see the reason to bring her here and put her life on hold, I thought its better for her to be in college instead. I understand about the age. I would be filing next month inland and not sure how to add her if shes not in Canada.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaraF said:
she is 18 and will turn 19 in October. I did not see the reason to bring her here and put her life on hold, I thought its better for her to be in college instead. I understand about the age. I would be filing next month inland and not sure how to add her if shes not in Canada.
if you are from States, it's much faster to apply outland. should be done within 8-10 months. you can do that while staying in Canada as well.

chenqichun

Jul 22, 2015
chenqichun said:
Hello, can someone add me into the spread sheet please.

I sent inland application for my wife on May 21 2015 from Edmonton, CIC received on May 25, 2015, we received AOR on July 30, 2015, still waiting for OWP (hope to see it soon), no upfront medical exam, but we did all police record check. Country of origin China. eCase showed in process on July 29, 2015.

Thank you!
2 hours after I post this, my wife got her OWP in the mail, so May 25-Aug. 25, good luck to everyone!

Smilesat24

Jul 8, 2014
Hey, guys
Back again. I found this forum is very useful for immigration Q&A.
I got my first stage approved yesterday (called AIP?). Big surprise! It is way faster than the CIC website shown...

What is AIP then? I am wondering if CIC has already CONFIRMED our spousal relationship at the first stage. I feel puzzled "do we PASS our marriage investigation?

And then the second stage is to have my police, security and background check. What are they? Do I need to send MORE STRONG EVIDENCE to CIC then?

I am required police check. It says it must be done in 30 days. my God! According to my country service standard for police check, it will take 4 weeks to have it done!!!!!!! Plus a week that I mail my application to my country! WHAT SHOULD I DO??? CAN ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTION?? I NEED YOUR HELP.
For medical check, what items will be checked then? i have minor health issue. have you heard someone has been refused because of health issue? what are CIC major concern for health?
URGENT!!!!!
PLEASE GIVE SOME IDEAS? THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Inland case

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chenqichun said:
Hello, can someone add me into the spread sheet please.

I sent inland application for my wife on May 21 2015 from Edmonton, CIC received on May 25, 2015, we received AOR on July 30, 2015, still waiting for OWP (hope to see it soon), no upfront medical exam, but we did all police record check. Country of origin China. eCase showed in process on July 29, 2015.

Thank you!
Thanks for sharing, I've added you.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Smilesat24 said:
Hey, guys
Back again. I found this forum is very useful for immigration Q&A.
I got my first stage approved yesterday (called AIP?). Big surprise! It is way faster than the CIC website shown...

What is AIP then? I am wondering if CIC has already CONFIRMED our spousal relationship at the first stage. I feel puzzled "do we PASS our marriage investigation?

And then the second stage is to have my police, security and background check. What are they? Do I need to send MORE STRONG EVIDENCE to CIC then?

I am required police check. It says it must be done in 30 days. my God! According to my country service standard for police check, it will take 4 weeks to have it done!!!!!!! Plus a week that I mail my application to my country! WHAT SHOULD I DO??? CAN ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTION?? I NEED YOUR HELP.
For medical check, what items will be checked then? i have minor health issue. have you heard someone has been refused because of health issue? what are CIC major concern for health?
URGENT!!!!!
PLEASE GIVE SOME IDEAS? THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Inland case
Many countries' police checks are taking long time, so don't worry, it happens to many people. Send CIC a letter, informing them that you requested your Police check, and you expect to receive it on XY date, and after that you will send it to them.
Medical usually contains a general examination, Chest X-ray, blood test. You shouldn't be refused because of health issues.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
j0an said:
if both of you have a UCI (like if you have applied for a canadian visa or any permit before this), then both of you can check the status of your application through ECAS
She got AOR and UCI i dont have ,nothing happens when i put her info?

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
Guys a friend of mine send the app on the 29th of May and she got the OWP today in the mail!
why is she getting it before people who applied a month or so before?

I called to CIC and they told me that pilot program don,t have a processing time on the CIC website, so the processing time on the website are bullshit because it says that they are working on app received May 2nd, but she is from May 29th.

It;s funny because she called to CIC and they told her that her OWP was being processed and she was not likely to get before the end of september and then..... there it was,with today mail.

going crazy with that! the agent also told me that my app was received on April 30th when actually send it on May 5th and my ECAS shows May 6th

CIC is killing me

ZeGerman2015

Aug 25, 2015
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and have referenced it for a couple of questions that we had about our inland application. I apologize if this has already been addressed and I haven't found it. Some background: My common-law partner (Sponsor) and I (German) have been a couple for over 5 years, visiting each other on a regular basis before we started living together here in Canada (over 1.5 years ago). We have no dependants. We believe our relationship (emotional, social and financial interdependence) is very strong, and have significant proof (we regularly spend holidays with our respective families and do joint activities/vacations alone or with family and friends). I do have a couple of questions on the short disruptions from living together, as well as the OWP application and the employer letter.

1. While living together, my sponsor travelled to Europe for 2.5 weeks for a wedding in his extended family. I was unable to attend this wedding, due to the vacation schedules at work (and also in parts the costs associated with travelling). We had already thought about our joint holidays together, which we spent here in Canada later that year. We have had definitely 1 year of continuous living AFTER this absence, but I'm just not sure whether we need to mention his absence. How would we address this? Or is there no need to mention this?

2. My sponsor is going to Europe for 6 days (this includes travel time) to attend a funeral. Due to the short notice nature of this travel, I'm not able to attend and get vacation from work. Is this a concern - will this need to be addressed in our application. How would we best address it? Or should we just not mention it?

3. Open Work permit application: I understand that I need to complete the application form IMM5710 and I read somewhere on here that I would select "Initial work permit or work permit with new employer". I have had an open work permit with the IEC initiative before - which option do I have to chose (is it still "initial work permit")? What if I want to stay with my current employer? Do I still select "Initial work permit or work permit with a new employer". Do I complete any information on my current employer in the employer address field and do I have to hand in my current contract? Or do I need to request a new offer of employment / do I not have to hand in a contract at all?

4. I remember for the IEC I had to provide proof of health insurance and financial sustainability along with the Letter of introduction at the border. Do I need to provide this proof with my open work permit application at the time that I send the PR off?

5. Employer letter for my partner: He is a grad student, but works for the university as part of the studies. It looks like he will end up having several "employment letters" for different jobs he performs there. Some of these jobs have already been completed. What would the start date be: when he started his first job placement there a few years ago - or the most recent contract with the university?

6. There is a chance that my partner has to complete work in another province for 6 consecutive weeks in a year (but not more than 6 weeks in a year). This work placement would happen after we hand in our application for PR. Is this reason for concern and would you recommend we address this in the application (if so, how?)? Or do we not need to mention this We are confident that we can sustain our relationship long distance, since we had to live apart from each other for a large portion of our relationship before and handled it well via skype/regular meetings etc.

I really appreciate any insights on this.

Thank you.

Cerise

Aug 25, 2015
Hi

I am coming to canada in september 24th with an Letter of Introduction of IEC which I can activate to a one year work permit. I will reside in the Quebec province with my boyfriend who is Canadian. We then want to get married after living one year appart. I am from Germany.

I am wondering if I can activate my work permit two months later to gain some time? I don't want to work immediately but do some paperwork before and get married and the sponsorship application ready (inland application). Do you think that would be possible?

Also I read that since 2014 spouses waiting for approval can apply for open work permit. I have a work permit for one year.
does it take more than a year to have this open work permit?
do I have to send an open permit application at the same time with the initial application? Which formular do I need to fill out for it?

I really new to all this stuff and it is quite confusing for me. I really appreciate any help !

Thank you!!

Chayo

Aug 14, 2015
Hello,

I just received the AOR last Saturday, yes Saturday!, I thought they only work from Monday to Friday. ::)
I sent my application on June 12th. :)

Sophie could you please update my info? :D

Thank you!

Sammyk240

Jun 28, 2015
Hi all,

Could someone please add my info to the spreadsheet, Australian going for spousal sponsorship and OWP app filed 26th August, meds not done Vancouver visa office.

Thanks!

Sam

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
dante0000 said:
hello admin, I received my wife's OWP from my mail box today 24July.
Pls update.

Its just an A4 Sized single document.(visa). I was was thinking they will request for her passport first b4 issuing the visa. Anyway
for those who has received theirs., did you receive the same A4 size visa???????

Just curious
The work permit gives you status in the country, but if you want to leave Canada and come back, you have to apply for a visa:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=CA#applications
Status and visa are two different things.