App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Katerina07 said:
Good news for me!
Received an OWP today, it was issied 30-07-2015.

BUT the thing is, they didnt send it to my PO Box that ive been checking every day, but they send to residential address. We just decided to check it out of the blue and there ya go! The letter was sitting there for almost 3 weeks we didnt even know! They almost sent it back :-X
So weeks of stress for nothing! lol

But im so happy now. Can finally relax.
Took exactly 3 month from the day I applied till the work permit was issued.

:D
Oops! Glad to hear you finally got it!

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
Katerina07 said:
Good news for me!
Received an OWP today, it was issied 30-07-2015.

BUT the thing is, they didnt send it to my PO Box that ive been checking every day, but they send to residential address. We just decided to check it out of the blue and there ya go! The letter was sitting there for almost 3 weeks we didnt even know! They almost sent it back :-X
So weeks of stress for nothing! lol

But im so happy now. Can finally relax.
Took exactly 3 month from the day I applied till the work permit was issued.

:D
Congrats!!! I just updated your info on the spreadsheet

It seems that people on West Canada is likely to receive it faster than people on the east.

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
insonoro said:
Congrats!!! I just updated your info on the spreadsheet

It seems that people on West Canada is likely to receive it faster than people on the east.

Thanks to you and Chris!

Maybe its faster cause its sent from Vegreville, AB? Thats where mine was issued anyway :D

Forlorn

Oct 25, 2014
Hi, Every one.. any update for june applicant ? im june 10 inland sponsor applicant to Cpc missisauga still not get AOR or open work permit . plz let me know if any one get AOR or open work permit.. tnx

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
Katerina07 said:
Thanks to you and Chris!

Maybe its faster cause its sent from Vegreville, AB? Thats where mine was issued anyway :D
Congratulations! It's quite a feeling to open the mailbox and see the OWP. :)
@chris... That was funny about their stamp running out of ink. You'll get your OWP fairly soon I would think.

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
Johninsask said:
Congratulations! It's quite a feeling to open the mailbox and see the OWP. :)
@ chris... That was funny about their stamp running out of ink. You'll get your OWP fairly soon I would think.
Haha, its best to keep a sense of humour about these things, otherwise you go a little stir-crazy. Honestly expecting it any day now based on when others have received theirs recently, just hate the feeling of opening the mailbox and it not being there!!

saleemtawakol

Aug 19, 2015
sophieee said:
Thanks for sharing, I've added you!

I don't really understand what do you mean by that you submitted your application in Toronto. There is one address for inland sponsorship regardless your residence.
You def. should apply for a new work permit at the beginning of December, as we don't know if they will continue the pilot project (I assume your work permit valid until May 31, 2016).
The MP cannot speed up the processing in any way. Sometimes different institutions have different rules, so you can try and ask around than change schools if you find a better one.

Hi Sophieee,

Thank you for your response, it's very helpful. About applying in Toronto I meant that we applied during our stay in Toronto (CPC-M office).
1. I wonder if I could apply for the work permit from now (yes my current work permit expires May 31, 2016). Is it for free or is there a fee attached to it? Can I mail it in or can I do it electronically?
2. I don't think I'm going to change programs at this point but why do people reach out for help from MPs?
3. I have not submitted the medical tests and I only paid the fees for the first half of the application. Like I said I have only received an email from CIC saying that they have received the application and on the website it states the date they received my application and the date at which they started processing it (only two entries). What is the time frame for the rest of the updates from CIC roughly and what do those updates on the application look like on the website?

Thanks,
Saleem

Chayo

Aug 14, 2015
Ponga said:
Submitting an Inland application does NOT give you implied status. You needed to include an Open Work Permit (OWP) WITH the application. If you did not, you should apply for the OWP now before your status expires. The total amount for the OWP is $255
Thank you! :)

I actually included the OWP with the application so now I can just keep calm I guess.. ::)

saleemtawakol

Aug 19, 2015
sophieee said:
Thanks for sharing, I've added you to the spreadsheet!

Unfortunately not everyone receive the AOR email. I saw before that someone called the call centre when it was obvious from the spreadsheet that she should have received it a long time ago and CIC sent a copy by regular mail.
It doesn't really make a difference to have it unless you need it for health coverage, for example.
Good luck!:)
Hi Sopphieee,

What do you mean you need it for health coverage?

Thanks,
Saleem

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
saleemtawakol said:
Hi Sophieee,

Thank you for your response, it's very helpful. About applying in Toronto I meant that we applied during our stay in Toronto (CPC-M office).
1. I wonder if I could apply for the work permit from now (yes my current work permit expires May 31, 2016). Is it for free or is there a fee attached to it? Can I mail it in or can I do it electronically?
2. I don't think I'm going to change programs at this point but why do people reach out for help from MPs?
3. I have not submitted the medical tests and I only paid the fees for the first half of the application. Like I said I have only received an email from CIC saying that they have received the application and on the website it states the date they received my application and the date at which they started processing it (only two entries). What is the time frame for the rest of the updates from CIC roughly and what do those updates on the application look like on the website?

Thanks,
Saleem
Please read the FAQ from my signature, all of your questions are answered in it.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
saleemtawakol said:
Hi Sopphieee,

What do you mean you need it for health coverage?

Thanks,
Saleem
In BC, in theory (according to the law and the HIBC's guide) you should be able to get health coverage from the moment you can prove that your application was received by CIC. Unfortunately in most cases HIBC simply decides to ignore the BC law and their own manual and refuses the applicant, and there is not much you can do about it. You can read more here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bc-inlanders-thread-t184207.0.html

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
Just to let you all know, my work permit is finally here!
Came today, issued on the 12th, valid for 2 years.

Extremely happy!

Could someone update the spreadsheet for me please? Thanks!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chrismgallen said:

Extremely happy!

Congrats! :)

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
chrismgallen said:

Extremely happy!

Congratulations. I'm really glad for you!