Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
asrana said:
Hey guys,

RE: POLICE CHECKS

Thank you so much for your contributions to this forum, I wouldn't have been able to complete my application if it wasn't for all of you.

Finally submitted my application for Permanent Residence Inland Sponsorship + OWP (Pilot Program), and as of August 18 I'm officially on "Implied Status".

I wanted some advice on Police Checks, as those are the only documents I was missing (due to the wait times to get them authenticated, legalized, notorized, then sent back to UAE then have someone send it back to Canada). I included a letter stating that the wait times are very high and that i will have these ready by end of September (which is when I do intend to be in possession of them)

I have researched this entire forum 2015 Inland for police checks and there a very few places I have seen that it is OK to just send a letter if you do not have the Police Certificate.

I spoke with several call center agents and each of them would immediately say that the application can be returned because it is a required document, listed in the Instruction Guide.

Has anyone here sent in their application package without the Police Certificates and received a Positive/ Negative response?

Would really appreciate your responses.

Thank you
In some countries you can't even request a police check without sending a letter from CIC. So it's completely safe to send an application without it, worst case scenario, it can cause some delays in the second stage process.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Justheretovent said:
No. I wanted to apply inland so I can get my work permit asap. My current job makes me want to blow my brains out on a daily basis and I need out. I can wait for the PR as long as I'm working a decent job. And I've seen people saying inland is so much faster for US citizens, but I don't see that reflected on the CIC page concerning processing times.
The CIC's website is unreliable, you should have checked out these threads:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18NpCwiqXpOUdH3hN-f4J2gJ7T_-B97WoK3vlQMNKjAM/htmlview#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FAYZyQgud1lzp7fM28i2O8ZrfbMAxdTc_t7_fiwI6ak/edit?pli=1#gid=658388151

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Hitesh_001 said:
Hi Sophiee,

I received my AOR on August 11. Please update the spreadsheet. I applied on June 4.

Thanks
Congrats! :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MarioPavlovich said:
Anyone got any experience with changing mailing address? Me and my wife are planning to move out of current house of residence and unfortunately that's our mailing address on PR application.
Last Tuesday my profile on ECAS disappeared (it was active only 2 days,is that normal?) and I can't change address that way anymore. I tried calling CiC and they gave me link where I can make online ticket and I did ,but nothing yet happened. My fear is that something could come to old address if I move out and I really don't wanna miss anything.

I'm also waiting for incomplete OWP to come back (missing 100$) , should I just print new form with new address when It comes back or I need to resubmit the way it is already and maybe leave a big note in it with explanation?
Even if you were able to change your address in eCAS, CIC tends to send the letters to old addresses. I don't know if you rented or owned the house, but try to talk to the next tenants and ask them to call if you receive anything.
Also, mail forwarding doesn't work with letters from CIC. I would contact my MP and ask them to change my address at CIC.

Kishanta

Aug 15, 2015
Applied inland for PR through family sponsorship. Was wondering how long it has taken on average to get your AOR.

I am also wondering how the new OWP program works, do we need the AOR prior to this? Can we apply right away? How do we go about doing so?

We have receipt of the PR application being delivered in July 2015. (We need the AOR to get a care card, or so MSP here and ICBC is telling us. Granted they have changed what was required on us before)

We currently have a 90 temp BC license and the Service Card already applied for, but they require more documentation before they will send out the cards with photographs.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kishanta said:
Applied inland for PR through family sponsorship. Was wondering how long it has taken on average to get your AOR.

I am also wondering how the new OWP program works, do we need the AOR prior to this? Can we apply right away? How do we go about doing so?

We have receipt of the PR application being delivered in July 2015. (We need the AOR to get a care card, or so MSP here and ICBC is telling us. Granted they have changed what was required on us before)

We currently have a 90 temp BC license and the Service Card already applied for, but they require more documentation before they will send out the cards with photographs.
Some people never receive an actual/official AOR...some receive theirs after a couple of months.

Unless BC MSP (or HIBC) has suddenly figured out that a person that has submitted an Inland spousal sponsorship, and it has been ACCEPTED FOR PROCESSSING BY CIC, truly IS eligible for MSP...prepare for a very difficult fight! Their own website clearly states that as soon as CIC has in fact `accepted' the application, the applicant is eligible for coverage (after the waiting time of up to 90 days). The PROBLEM, is that the vast majority of the staff at MSP THINK that the applicant must have reached the AIP stage (Approval in Principle) before they are eligible. There have been many people that have had to wait until they actually had their AIP to get coverage...and only a couple that have fought and won their argument with only the AOR.

As long as you still have legal status in Canada, and CIC receives the OWP application prior to the date that your status will expire, you can expect the OWP in ~ 4 months. Make sure that you pay the correct amount ($255) to avoid your OWP application being returned...which would make the Inland process even more painful; If that's even possible.

Once you have the OWP (which will likely be valid until your passport expires), you can get the photo driver license.

Good Luck!

Kishanta

Aug 15, 2015
Ponga said:
Some people never receive an actual/official AOR...some receive theirs after a couple of months.

Unless BC MSP (or HIBC) has suddenly figured out that a person that has submitted an Inland spousal sponsorship, and it has been ACCEPTED FOR PROCESSSING BY CIC, truly IS eligible for MSP...prepare for a very difficult fight! Their own website clearly states that as soon as CIC has in fact `accepted' the application, the applicant is eligible for coverage (after the waiting time of up to 90 days). The PROBLEM, is that the vast majority of the staff at MSP THINK that the applicant must have reached the AIP stage (Approval in Principle) before they are eligible. There have been many people that have had to wait until they actually had their AIP to get coverage...and only a couple that have fought and won their argument with only the AOR.

As long as you still have legal status in Canada, and CIC receives the OWP application prior to the date that your status will expire, you can expect the OWP in ~ 4 months. Make sure that you pay the correct amount ($255) to avoid your OWP application being returned...which would make the Inland process even more painful; If that's even possible.

Once you have the OWP (which will likely be valid until your passport expires), you can get the photo driver license.

Good Luck!
Current status would be a visitor visa, but US citizens are no longer given visa's in passports, and vice versa for Canadians visiting the US. Should we apply for an extended Visa so we have proof of a visa? (ICBC has said this is valid to get a DL, but I am unsure if it's enough to get the photo DL, they keep giving us different information)

BC MSP has advised me that once someone has been here a year and started the process they can apply under my for MSP coverage (A temporary Care Card that will expire) although ICBC has started the process for a permanent Service Card pending a PR card (Confused why they did that as he would be added onto my MSP) Sorry if this seems confusing, I keep being given different information from MSP, ICBC (They have recently taken over the MSP Service Card stuff, unless you are getting a temporary care card or applying for MSP under a spouse/arranging payment)

My friend applied for her family sponsorship (in-land) after her wedding and received a AOR and was able to apply for MSP and get it 90 days after that. I don't know if doing this as common-law changes this though. She had temporary status due to proof of money to sustain herself in Canada for the year leading up to her wedding which may or may not be why she got an AOR.

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
ywqu said:
They are quick! I received their confirmation two days after I hand in my documents.
They say they will arrange a seat for me as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for the information. Otherwise I would have to wait until I got the CSQ.
Merci.
Plaisir, Ywqu !! :)
I'm very glad you got it ! I wish CIC were as fast as MIDI ...
Enjoy the french course !!!

asrana

Jul 6, 2015
sophieee said:
In some countries you can't even request a police check without sending a letter from CIC. So it's completely safe to send an application without it, worst case scenario, it can cause some delays in the second stage process.
That is such a relief, thank you so much for your feedback Sophiee.

ywqu

Jun 16, 2015
MC2015 said:
Plaisir, Ywqu !! :)
I'm very glad you got it ! I wish CIC were as fast as MIDI ...
Enjoy the french course !!!
So far MIDI gave me the best impression among any Canada bureaucrats.
I certainly will. And hope you do well in part time course also.

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
I wanted to let you guys know.

In the Facebook group, one of the members just announced they received SA and DM. They applied August 4, 2014!

No dependents, straight forward case, no issues.

Everyone is speculating if it was an error on CIC side, or if more are to come. Currently the CIC site says they are working on March 14, 2014. They are almost finished April 2014. This has made some people believe the CIC works in teams as January and March were slow, and February and April were faster and done.

Hopefully this is the beginning of faster processing times.

;D

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
MariMari7 said:
I wanted to let you guys know.

In the Facebook group, one of the members just announced they received SA and DM. They applied August 4, 2014!

No dependents, straight forward case, no issues.

Everyone is speculating if it was an error on CIC side, or if more are to come. Currently the CIC site says they are working on March 14, 2014. They are almost finished April 2014. This has made some people believe the CIC works in teams as January and March were slow, and February and April were faster and done.

Hopefully this is the beginning of faster processing times.

;D
CIC just works in the stupidest way possible.

Sorry to be cynical, I'm April 2, 2014, and I have heard absolutely nothing. I had to get my MP involved to just get an AOR. It seems that they process up to 2 months out of order, and just put an older time on the site so no one can call in.
I'm probably in the March batch, which is by no means anywhere near done.

Jan 28, 2015
sophieee said:
I added you both, thanks for sharing!

1. Both way is fine.
2. If you don't have a written confirmation from CIC that you are eligible to work under implied status than I wouldn't risk it. You can contact your MP and ask them to contact CIC regarding this matter (see FAQ in my signature for MP).
Hi sophieee,

Thanks for your response. I did some digging and there doesn't seem to be any email address for the purpose of changing passport information on CIC 's website. My understanding is that mailing is the only path here. The address I found on the website is :

Spouse and Common-law Partner (currently living in Canada):
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

Now I was wondering if you could assist me with the documents I should include in that package.

I was thinking : Copy of previous passport, Copy of new passport, CanadaPost receipt and Tracking number of last package, and finally a letter of explanation.

What I am doubtful whether to include or not: everything mentioned previously along with a whole new application form filled out with new passport information, and a copy of the 255 CND receipt.

Thank you for your help
Farzan

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015 In progress starting on 09-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-01-2016, 1st OWP 11-09-2015, 2nd OWP 11-01-2016
File Transfer...
Three requests from CIC asking for police certificate, resubmission of forms and proof of cohabitatiion/relationship docs
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
FarzanMirheydari said:
Hi sophieee,

Thanks for your response. I did some digging and there doesn't seem to be any email address for the purpose of changing passport information on CIC 's website. My understanding is that mailing is the only path here. The address I found on the website is :

Spouse and Common-law Partner (currently living in Canada):
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

Now I was wondering if you could assist me with the documents I should include in that package.

I was thinking : Copy of previous passport, Copy of new passport, CanadaPost receipt and Tracking number of last package, and finally a letter of explanation.

What I am doubtful whether to include or not: everything mentioned previously along with a whole new application form filled out with new passport information, and a copy of the 255 CND receipt.

Thank you for your help
Farzan
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx