19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Katerina07 said:
I am going to the post office and checking my mailbox every day like crazy :-X
Cant wait for it to arrive!
I know that they say not to, but have you tried calling immigration at all?

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
chrismgallen said:
I know that they say not to, but have you tried calling immigration at all?
I dont see a reason to, the thing said it takes 4 months for the OWP to arrive. It only been 3 months for me, so i will panic in September...
But I can also work right now anyway because I'm here on a work visa that expires in October.

JoyG

Jul 14, 2015
Hi Sophie,

Can you please add my details here?

Category: FAM
Visa Office: Mississauga
Application Sent: Feb 15, 2015
Application Received: Feb 19, 2015
AOR Received: April 22, 2015
Meds Done: Upfront
OWP: sent separately on June 1, 2015

JoyG

Jul 14, 2015
sophieee said:
You won't get any notification that it was received at will be most likely sent back due to insufficient funds. Send an other package with the right fees (you can use your previous receipt of the $155), you can include an explanation letter that you already submitted an app in June (send proof of delivery), but most likely they will just process it in the normal queqe.
Hi Sophie,
Just wanted to update you guys that my OWP application was indeed sent back because of insufficient fee. Luckily it didnt take them too long to process it and I received my package back on July 20th, month and a half after I submitted. This saved me from going out of status and I sent my application back same day with a full fee. I noticed it has happened to a lot of people and most of them got their applications sent back whereas few lucky ones were informed and asked to pay the missing fee.
I was wondering if anyone here with same experience can enlighten me if my application would take the same processing time or would it be processed faster this time?
Thank you.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
JoyG said:
Hi Sophie,
Just wanted to update you guys that my OWP application was indeed sent back because of insufficient fee. Luckily it didnt take them too long to process it and I received my package back on July 20th, month and a half after I submitted. This saved me from going out of status and I sent my application back same day with a full fee. I noticed it has happened to a lot of people and most of them got their applications sent back whereas few lucky ones were informed and asked to pay the missing fee.
I was wondering if anyone here with same experience can enlighten me if my application would take the same processing time or would it be processed faster this time?
Thank you.
Thanks for the info!
You are already on the spreadsheet, and I think all of your information is correct. Please check it.

ralp27

Dec 27, 2013
sophieee said:
You can contact your MP and/or send a Case Specific Enquiry if you haven't done it yet. Both of these are explained in the FAQ.
Hi Sophie,

Thanks for your advice but we've already asked help from our MP office but not much help too, and we also sent a Case Specific enquiry but no reply yet. We are getting frustrated and hopeless. Do you think it would be best to send another OWP application? And do we need to restore my husband's status before we can do that?

Anyone with the same case as ours? Application since Feb 10, 2015 but no OWP till now. :'(

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
Guys we just came back from Service Ontario asing about the OHIP with OWP case type 27, the only thing that has changed is that before march 15 anybody needed a job offer.

Now we just need a letter of the company that states that we will be working for more than six months plus de OWP.

All that people that has been refused OHIP need to go to a full Service Ontario and told them which office refused to give you OHIP.
There is a lack of information but definetly we will be getting OHIP.

Ask for a Manager in there and you will get OHIP.

Info is fresh from today.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
insonoro said:
Guys we just came back from Service Ontario asing about the OHIP with OWP case type 27, the only thing that has changed is that before march 15 anybody needed a job offer.

Now we just need a letter of the company that states that we will be working for more than six months plus de OWP.

All that people that has been refused OHIP need to go to a full Service Ontario and told them which office refused to give you OHIP.
There is a lack of information but definetly we will be getting OHIP.

Ask for a Manager in there and you will get OHIP.

Info is fresh from today.
Please keep us posted regarding this.

Did you submit your OHIP application already? Do you know if it has been approved?

I'm skeptical because I did ask for managers, my MPP, and I even talked to Ontario Health, and the verdict was that Type 27 does not get OHIP, regardless of employment.

If this has changed everyone needs to know ASAP.

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
I did not apply yet as I still waiting for my OWP but the manager said they are updating the info in all the centres!
He did said to remark which office refused to issue the health card,that the only thing changed is that before we did not need a letter from employer as we need now.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with the MP at 1:00 and I will ask him again.
Will update tomorrow after the meeting

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
just a quick question? what does the MP means?

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
insonoro said:
I did not apply yet as I still waiting for my OWP but the manager said they are updating the info in all the centres!
He did said to remark which office refused to issue the health card,that the only thing changed is that before we did not need a letter from employer as we need now.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with the MP at 1:00 and I will ask him again.
Will update tomorrow after the meeting
great info!! thanks for sharing! eagerly waiting for your update:)