May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
YangT said:
I am already here in Canada. Its just the nature of my job to live with the employer because im under the live in caregiver program. I used d address of my husband for everything. We dont wanna be apart thats why we plan to do inland application. Its probably a year or more processing time in the Philippines too.

Another thing , if i found a new employer can i just put them under new employer without lmia?
You don't have to be outside of Canada in order to file an outland application. You can wait (and work and live with your husband) in Canada.
There is a "FAQ" in my signature, you should read it. I think you would be better off with the outland process.

I think that the live-in caregiver positions always require LMIA.

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
Smilesat24 said:
Hey, guys.

Thank you for answering my questions here. I found that it is a waste of time to call CIC agents. I think people here have the same experience with me?

Question 1 is my OWP was sent on April 8 , but it was returned on June 8 because of insufficient payment ($100). Later on, I mailed it back to CIC. I wonder if i have to wait for another 4 months for my OWP. any people have the similar experience with me?

Question 2 is my husband and i got married without a huge wedding ceremony (only 2 of us and other staff) our parents were not able to attend our wedding due to health issue. is A large wedding ceremony very important for CIC officer to verify our marriage? What other documents should I submit to CIC as proof of our marriage and love?
Thank you!
Smilesat24, about your question 2 ... I saw many people with small wedding ( and the parents didn't attend) getting approval. Of course, if the parents are present, it would be way better. But it is not always possible ( like my case too).
But you can prove your relationship with some documents that, although are not demanded for married couples (just for common law), CIC loves them to prove relationship: joint bank accounts or credit cards;joint ownership of residential property;joint residential leases;joint rental;receipts;joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone);joint management of household expenditures;evidence of joint purchases, especially for household items; correspondence addressed to either or both parties at the same address;important documents of both parties show the same address, for example, identification documents, driver's licenses, insurance policies;shared responsibility for household management, household chores;children of one or both partners are residing with the couple;record of telephone calls.

So, I think it is good to send those document to enrich your application.
Another thing is: send proof of co-habitation.
Good luck!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mdecac said:
Hi, I'm brand new in this forum. I've read and learnt a lot. Thanks!

I hope somebody can help me with his/her opinion about my situation:

I'm ecuadorian and i married a canadian citizen this May in Miami. We've been together for about 3 years. Now she's in Canada because a job opportunity and i had to come back to Ecuador to finish my Medical Degree. Now i'm done with that and want to go to Canada to be with my wife.

Is it a good idea to apply for visitor visa and while i'm in Canada apply for a PR (outland or inland)? Or is it better to apply for PR first and the apply for a visitor visa (dual intent) and ask for a Open Work Permit while i'm in Canada as a tourist?

I just don't want to wait here in Ecuador the whole year it would take to process the PR.

Thanks again for your replies. ;D
Bogota office is really quick, you should consider applying outland if you can afford to not work for a few more months.
It maybe better to first enter Canada as a visitor, then apply for PR. But if you will be asked you have to be honest with the officer about your intentions, and it can make the officer suspicious that you won't leave Canada by the end of your visa. Make sure that your wife is at the airport and waiting for you (with her phone on).

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
moni_can said:
Hi Sophiee and GG_wife,

Please add me to your spreadsheet too :)

Date Application Received by CIC : 18 Oct 2013
Date AOR Received : 15 Nov 2013
Country of Origin : Indonesia
Canadian City of Residence : Markham, ON
OWP Received according to CIC. : I never knew when they received it, I assume together with the application since I sent it together.
OWP Received : 13 Jan 2015
Medical sent with app? : Yes, but they request a new one
Police check sent with app? : Yes, FBI record only, I had to wait for CIC to send request for my Singapore Police clearance report

Finally going for my interview next week on the 31 July ;D Over the moon when I received the "Completed application" e-mail on the 6 July. It took CIC Etobicoke a week to send another e-mail to schedule the interview.

Thank you and good luck everyone with the application ;)
Thank you for sharing your timeline, I added you to the 2013 thread. Do you happen to know when did you receive the sponsor approval? It should have been around March.

YangT

Jul 23, 2015
sophieee said:
You don't have to be outside of Canada in order to file an outland application. You can wait (and work and live with your husband) in Canada.
There is a "FAQ" in my signature, you should read it. I think you would be better off with the outland process.

I think that the live-in caregiver positions always require LMIA.
Thank you very much!

Sammyk240

Jun 28, 2015
Hi all,

I'm 99% sure I have this right but wanted to confirm just so I'm not stressing all the time.

I currently have an OWP which expires in September this year, I'm going to send my spousal application with OWP application before then. I have implied status until I receive another two year OWP don't I?

Thank you!

Sam

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Sammyk240 said:
Hi all,

I'm 99% sure I have this right but wanted to confirm just so I'm not stressing all the time.

I currently have an OWP which expires in September this year, I'm going to send my spousal application with OWP application before then. I have implied status until I receive another two year OWP don't I?

Thank you!

Sam
Yes, you will have implied status, as long as you'll send out the app before your current OWP expires.

MrsYeke

Jul 24, 2015
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and couldn't figure out how to post a new topic so I hope it's okay to post this here. My husband and I have been married for over a year and have a newborn, and I am a PR sponsoring him. We sent in the inland application yesterday, and we were excited to finally have it in. I thought we had sent in the most thorough, organized application possible. Then after doing some reading on this forum last night I realized what I sent in was NOT my Option C printout. I sent in an online printout of my 2014 assessment from my account on the cra website. I feel like an idiot, and now I'm afraid we will have to wait months for them to open the application only to have it sent back to us. Should I go through the steps to request the correct Option C from the cra and send a brand new application? And if I do so, can I attach the same payment receipt we attached to the first application we sent? Any advice would be much appreciated. I wasn't aware of this forum before, it seems to be extremely helpful!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
MrsYeke said:
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and couldn't figure out how to post a new topic so I hope it's okay to post this here. My husband and I have been married for over a year and have a newborn, and I am a PR sponsoring him. We sent in the inland application yesterday, and we were excited to finally have it in. I thought we had sent in the most thorough, organized application possible. Then after doing some reading on this forum last night I realized what I sent in was NOT my Option C printout. I sent in an online printout of my 2014 assessment from my account on the cra website. I feel like an idiot, and now I'm afraid we will have to wait months for them to open the application only to have it sent back to us. Should I go through the steps to request the correct Option C from the cra and send a brand new application? And if I do so, can I attach the same payment receipt we attached to the first application we sent? Any advice would be much appreciated. I wasn't aware of this forum before, it seems to be extremely helpful!
This is a pretty common mistake, they won't just send it back, they would just request the Option-C printout. Some people have actually been approved with just the assessment copy. The reason for the Option-C is it tells them whether you have been on social assistance. If you have proof of job etc. They might just let it go.

I don't know what the best time is to send in your own doc errors or if it's even advisable, might be better to wait and see if they ask for it.

anr8779

Nov 10, 2014
anr8779 said:
Im sponsoring my wife (Foreign National), I am born in Canada......just submitted Inland PR and OWP this week for her.

Date AOR email Received N/A
Country of Origin: Philippines
Canadian City of Residence: T.O
OWP sent (w/ application?) YES
Medical done (w/ application?) YES
Police check done (w/ application?) YES

Sent application may 12

Received our AOR last week

cyysz

Jul 20, 2015
update
sponsor application has start processed on july 14.

I am still waiting for aor. No email or letter to confirm the application received...

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Hey guys I need some help. I noticed that I have been working on an expired SIN NUMBER. will this affect my sponsorship app? Like I didn't know that my sin card has an expiration. When I got to Canada they issued me only a year validity work permit because of my passport validation, when I got the one year extension of my work permit I didn't realize that I need to update my sin number as well. What should I do? I am freaking out right now. My legal status will be expiring on August that means I have been working on an expired sin number for over a year now. Please guys I need some advice about this,

MrsYeke

Jul 24, 2015
Aquakitty said:
This is a pretty common mistake, they won't just send it back, they would just request the Option-C printout. Some people have actually been approved with just the assessment copy. The reason for the Option-C is it tells them whether you have been on social assistance. If you have proof of job etc. They might just let it go.

I don't know what the best time is to send in your own doc errors or if it's even advisable, might be better to wait and see if they ask for it.
Thanks so much for your help! I did attach several recent payslips but not an employment letter, so I don't know what they may decide. I've been wondering too if after we get the AOR, that might be a good time to send it, just in case, since I'm assuming there would be a file number to refer to. Well, fingers crossed!

moni_can

Oct 25, 2013
sophieee said:
Thank you for sharing your timeline, I added you to the 2013 thread. Do you happen to know when did you receive the sponsor approval? It should have been around March.
Hi Sophieee,

Thank you for adding to the thread :) You are such an expert! Yes, indeed my husband's sponsorship approval arrived 20 March 2015 ;D