28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Justheretovent said:
Just had my application returned to me. They received it May 5. I opened it up and it said they were unable to process my application and on the checklist they highlighted (on the sponsorship form) the form # and date, and highlighted signature. Only problem is-the form I sent is the one they asked for, and it was signed by me and my sponsor. Only signature line that was left blank was the one for a co-sponsor, which I do not have. So effectively I just lost two and a half months of my life because the employee that opened my application can't read. SWEET. I called CIC and of course nobody knows anything at all, and the employee told me to re-send the app.
Make sure you use the right version of the form before you resubmit the application. Sometimes applications are returned when an out date form has been used.

Jul 4, 2014
scylla said:
Make sure you use the right version of the form before you resubmit the application. Sometimes applications are returned when an out date form has been used.
They indeed said my form was out of date, and told me to send the form dated 08/2014-which IS the form I sent. There was nothing wrong with my paperwork other than it was opened by the wrong person.

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

I just want to give you an update. I got my Open Work permit Yesterday July 21, 2015. I sent my Application last April 9, 2015.

Good luck everyone:)

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
cyysz said:
Hi sophieee,

Could you add me plz
Date application delivered to CIC: May 7th, 2015
Date AOR email Received: Not yet
Country of Origin: China
Canadian City of Residence: Calgary
OWP sent (w/ application?) yes
Medical done (w/ application?) No
Police check done (w/ application?) yes

Thanks
Thanks
hello cyysz, I added you.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
abby2430 said:
Hi Sophee and GG Wife,

Please add me in your spreadsheet

Category : Family Spousal
Date Application Received by CIC : March 12, 2015
Date AOR Received : May 8, 2015
Country of Origin : Philippines
Canadian City of Origin : Calgary
OWP Received accdg. to CIC. : May 27, 2015
OWP Received : July 20, 2015
Medical : No
Police check : No

We missed 100 payment, when submitted our application, CIC informed us about the missing payment last May 7, 2015 and paid immediately the following day and send the receipt. My package was not returned. I was able to access ECAS thru my sponsor after a week AOR received using UCI No. and I (applicant) just found out recently i can access my ECAS too. I hope this will help everyone who have the same situation as mine.
thanks for sharing! I added you.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
tinabenamer said:
Hi Guys,

I just want to give you an update. I got my Open Work permit Yesterday July 21, 2015. I sent my Application last April 9, 2015.

congrats! I searched for your record on the spreadsheet, but could not find you. If you would like to be added, could you pls send the following details?

Date Application Received by CIC :
Date AOR Received :
Country of Origin :
Canadian City of Residence :
OWP Received according to CIC. :
OWP Received :
Medical sent with app? :
Police check sent with app? :

thanks!

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Johninsask said:
Hi Sophee and GG Wife,

I "received" AOR today. Can you note this in the Inland spreadsheet?

FYI I didn't actually get the email. Rather my partner looked online (ECAS?) and saw that I now (As of today) show up in the system, and that my application for PR was received on May 6th.
Thanks for the update! Sophiee has added your info.

YangT

Jul 23, 2015
Hi everyone! Our papers are all ready to be submitted, then I got laid off. I am confused on certain things:

1. I am a livein caregiver, how do i fill out d addresses i live in? I live n work somewhere weekdays n go home to my husband every weekend.

2. I have employer specific work permit and needs LMIA. I am almost certain on landing another job. Is it worth it to just apply for open work permit? Or does my prospect employer need to apply for another LMIA?

3. My work permit is still valid til feb 2017. Do i get implied status if i only file for sponsorship n not open work permit?

I hope somebody can shed some light regarding these matters. I already am so confused since everything changed all of a sudden. Thank you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
YangT said:
Hi everyone! Our papers are all ready to be submitted, then I got laid off. I am confused on certain things:

1. I am a livein caregiver, how do i fill out d addresses i live in? I live n work somewhere weekdays n go home to my husband every weekend.

2. I have employer specific work permit and needs LMIA. I am almost certain on landing another job. Is it worth it to just apply for open work permit? Or does my prospect employer need to apply for another LMIA?

3. My work permit is still valid til feb 2017. Do i get implied status if i only file for sponsorship n not open work permit?

I hope somebody can shed some light regarding these matters. I already am so confused since everything changed all of a sudden. Thank you!
1. You can apply inland only if you live together with your husband. So you definitely need to give the same address as your husband (hopefully that's the one you use for everything in Canada), but I'm still not sure if you will have problems because you are separated for 5 days a week.
2. You should apply for an open work permit, as it won't have any restriction, you will be free to work what and to whom do you want.
3. The sponsorship application itself won't give you implied status.

Are you sure, that inland is the best option for you? If you apply outland, you could continue to work, don't worry about living apart during the week, and may be able to land sooner than with inland.

Smilesat24

Jul 8, 2014
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinabenamer said:
Hi Guys,

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
YangT said:

If you land another job will the WP dates carry over, or will you have to redo the whole thing? If the dates stay the same maybe landing another job first would be the best route. Then whether you decide to apply outland or inland the WP won't be necessary. If you find it very difficult to get another job then you can consider the OWP route.

Smilesat24

Jul 8, 2014
Hey, guys.

Thank you for answering my questions here. I found that it is a waste of time to call CIC agents. I think people here have the same experience with me?

Question 1 is my OWP was sent on April 8 , but it was returned on June 8 because of insufficient payment ($100). Later on, I mailed it back to CIC. I wonder if i have to wait for another 4 months for my OWP. any people have the similar experience with me?

Question 2 is my husband and i got married without a huge wedding ceremony (only 2 of us and other staff) our parents were not able to attend our wedding due to health issue. is A large wedding ceremony very important for CIC officer to verify our marriage? What other documents should I submit to CIC as proof of our marriage and love?
Thank you!

mdecac

Jul 17, 2015
Hi, I'm brand new in this forum. I've read and learnt a lot. Thanks!

I hope somebody can help me with his/her opinion about my situation:

I'm ecuadorian and i married a canadian citizen this May in Miami. We've been together for about 3 years. Now she's in Canada because a job opportunity and i had to come back to Ecuador to finish my Medical Degree. Now i'm done with that and want to go to Canada to be with my wife.

Is it a good idea to apply for visitor visa and while i'm in Canada apply for a PR (outland or inland)? Or is it better to apply for PR first and the apply for a visitor visa (dual intent) and ask for a Open Work Permit while i'm in Canada as a tourist?

I just don't want to wait here in Ecuador the whole year it would take to process the PR.

Thanks again for your replies. ;D

YangT

Jul 23, 2015
sophieee said:
1. You can apply inland only if you live together with your husband. So you definitely need to give the same address as your husband (hopefully that's the one you use for everything in Canada), but I'm still not sure if you will have problems because you are separated for 5 days a week.
2. You should apply for an open work permit, as it won't have any restriction, you will be free to work what and to whom do you want.
3. The sponsorship application itself won't give you implied status.

Are you sure, that inland is the best option for you? If you apply outland, you could continue to work, don't worry about living apart during the week, and may be able to land sooner than with inland.
I am already here in Canada. Its just the nature of my job to live with the employer because im under the live in caregiver program. I used d address of my husband for everything. We dont wanna be apart thats why we plan to do inland application. Its probably a year or more processing time in the Philippines too.

Another thing , if i found a new employer can i just put them under new employer without lmia?

moni_can

Oct 25, 2013
Hi Sophiee and GG_wife,

Please add me to your spreadsheet too :)

Date Application Received by CIC : 18 Oct 2013
Date AOR Received : 15 Nov 2013
Country of Origin : Indonesia
Canadian City of Residence : Markham, ON
OWP Received according to CIC. : I never knew when they received it, I assume together with the application since I sent it together.
OWP Received : 13 Jan 2015
Medical sent with app? : Yes, but they request a new one
Police check sent with app? : Yes, FBI record only, I had to wait for CIC to send request for my Singapore Police clearance report

Finally going for my interview next week on the 31 July ;D Over the moon when I received the "Completed application" e-mail on the 6 July. It took CIC Etobicoke a week to send another e-mail to schedule the interview.

Thank you and good luck everyone with the application ;)