Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
insonoro said:
Hi guys! How long does it take usually to access to check your application status after you receive AOR??

Got it last Friday but still says that they can't find my application
I had received my AOR on March 29 for the PR application, but my wife received a second AOR on May 5 for the Sponsorship Application and after the second AOR we could login to ECAS, so it might take a while before you can login, however ECAS is not really helpful.

It might be more useful to request your GCMS notes every 2 months
Link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

dee365

May 28, 2015
kuriositty said:
n
Thank you.
Can I do this before or after I am employed?
Once you receive your OWP take it along with your ID to Service Ontario and they will issue you with a temporary Social Insurance number which expires when your OWP expires. It just take a few minutes. You need this social insurance number in order to work legally in Canada.

dee365

May 28, 2015
Johninsask said:
You'll need a SIN in order to gain employment I think. As for the health card, I'd enquire with your provincial health service. I would def make getting a SIN# the first priority.
You can also get OHIP but in order to get OHIP you have to take to Service Ontario your OWP and a letter from an employer saying that you are employed with them full time for at least the next six months. The most important things here is that the letter says full time and for six months. You will get your OHIP card in about 3 months after applying.

kuriositty

Mar 4, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2015
AOR Received.
June 13, 2015 [OWP 7/15/2015]
Med's Request
May 5, 2016
Med's Done....
May 19, 2016
I went to Service Ontario this morning and after waiting in line for 20 minutes they told me I had to go to Service Canada.

I have also read that about the health card. Is this something I should acquire as soon as possible after I am hired?

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
dee365 said:
You can also get OHIP but in order to get OHIP you have to take to Service Ontario your OWP and a letter from an employer saying that you are employed with them full time for at least the next six months. The most important things here is that the letter says full time and for six months. You will get your OHIP card in about 3 months after applying.
hey dee365,

are you speaking based on experience?
I read in other threads that ppl weren't able to get OHIP, b/c they were told the OWP case type 27 we receive through the pilot program will not make OWP holders eligible for OHIP card. (the regular OWP case type 20 would be eligible)
Regardless I will try for myself, but I wonder if you have completed this process already, b/c it seems others had completely different experience in Ontario than what you suggested

thanks!

Smilesat24

Jul 8, 2014
Hi, guys,
I submitted my family sponsorship application (inland) on September 2014. I am asking if I can submit MORE EVIDENCE (e.g. pictures, joint accounts) to CIC for my application assessment...If yes, what should I attach?

Thank you! I hope you guys could give me some advise.

ywqu

Jun 16, 2015
GG_wife said:
hey dee365,

I read in other threads that ppl weren't able to get OHIP, b/c they were told the OWP case type 27 we receive through the pilot program will not make OWP holders eligible for OHIP card. (the regular OWP case type 20 would be eligible)
Regardless I will try for myself, but I wonder if you have completed this process already, b/c it seems others had completely different experience in Ontario than what you suggested

thanks!

I brought my OWP and passport to Quebec Health Insurance (RAMQ) today.
The officer said they would not issued a health insurance card for type 27 OWP, even i had an employer and a 6 months (or more) contract.
It will take both CIC and Quebec government's approval of my sponsor being eligible, which I guess it will be one year from now.

SIN takes 5 mins in CANADA SERVICE, much simpler than RAMQ. Just bring your OWP and Passport.

dee365

May 28, 2015
GG_wife said:
hey dee365,

thanks!

Yes I am talking from experience. It seems that people have different experiences depending on which Service Ontario you go to and who you meet. There are even people who got OHIP with just the OWP and no letter.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
dee365 said:
If you have a type 27 work permit you *can not* get OHIP.

Trust me on this, I've tried and have spent months going between the MPP's, the MP's, Service Canada, the Service Canada call center, and Health Ontario.
Half of the people involved actually know what's going on, vaguely, but you can't get OHIP with a type 27 work permit, regardless of full-time-job status.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
GG_wife said:
hey dee365,

thanks!
You're welcome to try yourself, but you are 100% correct.

Pilot OWP's aren't considered OWP's by Health Ontario, and you only get OHIP if you're in the country temporarily to work.
(I know, isn't that the stupidest thing you've ever heard?)

Everyone who was involved in making that decision is ridiculous, but that's just how it is.

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Hey everyone, I am DONE with my application finally after so much thinking and overthinking trying to make sure that I have all the right things even tho my relationship couldn't be more real than what it is lol anyways I need help with one last thing. I know I have to pay for the work permit $255 and then for the permanent residence application $1100, So do I just pay everything together and put the receipt in the front of the whole application? or do I pay my work permit fee and put it on the work permit as the first page and then pay the fee for the PR and put it as the first page too? I am a little bit confused with that.

Also I am thinking in putting either the work permit in one envelope that will go inside the big envelope that has the permanent residence application, or put everything in the same envelope with the receipt in front work permit under receipt and PR under the work permit.

Thanks in advance !!

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
Has anyone had issues getting a health card in Saskatchewan with a case 27 OWP? (i.e. the "pilot program" version of the open work permit). I doubt it's an issue here, but you never know.

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
Smilesat24 said:
Hi, guys,
I submitted my family sponsorship application (inland) on September 2014. I am asking if I can submit MORE EVIDENCE (e.g. pictures, joint accounts) to CIC for my application assessment...If yes, what should I attach?

Thank you! I hope you guys could give me some advise.
I have the same concern. I think it depends on what you have already sent. In my case, for example, I didnt send proof of cohabitation because it wasn't requested for married people, just for common-law. But later, I read on IP8 guide that it is mandatory to have proof of cohabitation. So, I will send it to them.
So, if you haven't sent proof of cohabitation or legitimate proof of relationship ( like joint bank account, lease, insurances, etc), I think it is worth sending it.

I was completely lost too about : should I send it or not. But reading people's comments and experiences, my conclusion is : if you already sent it to CIC, better wait for them to ask more; if you haven't sent the strong proofs, it is worth sending.

So, this is my opinion although nobody know how CIC works. So, it is up to your discretion ! Good luck !

ralp27

Dec 27, 2013
Hi Sophie,

Can you help me? We submitted my husband's OWP with the Spousal Application and it was received on Feb 10, 2015 but until now, we got no news of his OWP. We called CIC a lot of times and they can't really update us. It's getting frustrating and we don't know what else we can do. We are wondering if we can send another OWP application (can we do online application?), but we're unsure if it will affect the first application. And my husband is on implied status now, his tourist visa expired last June. Any advice you can give us would be great, thanks a lot!

Ralp27