+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Shane123

Mar 22, 2015
Thank you very much for sharing that information. . Honestly i feel less tense now that i know they actually received yours but just didnt sent u a AOR.

kathyAB

Apr 8, 2015
Hi!
So I have overstayed my 6 months while my PR papers are with CIC, by more then 90 days. I tried getting an extension but got a response saying they can't give it to me because it's been more then 90 days after being expired. I, stupidly, thought that I could stay in Canada while my papers are being processed. I did read on the CIC website that I could stay in Canada because my spouse is a citizen.
Should I leave Canada and come back in to renew my status here or no? Or is there another option?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kathyAB said:
Hi!
So I have overstayed my 6 months while my PR papers are with CIC, by more then 90 days. I tried getting an extension but got a response saying they can't give it to me because it's been more then 90 days after being expired. I, stupidly, thought that I could stay in Canada while my papers are being processed. I did read on the CIC website that I could stay in Canada because my spouse is a citizen.
Should I leave Canada and come back in to renew my status here or no? Or is there another option?
You have two options:
1. stay in Canada without status, most applicant have no problem, CIC and CBSA leave them alone. Downside - you can get a work permit only after AIP.
2. leave the country and come back with a new visitor status. Downside - if they deny your entry you need to cancel your inland app and start over again outland.

kathyAB

Apr 8, 2015
Thank you. We are going to leave Canada and come back. I want to go for my brothers funeral. Hopefully, they well let me back in!

badrobot

Jan 23, 2014
Hello,

We submitted our application March 19th 2015 and we have been looking at the inland spread sheet. I was wondering if anyone knew in general if the "Date Application Received by CIC" actually corresponds to the date that someone signed for the package?

Thanks,
Mat

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
badrobot said:
Hello,

We submitted our application March 19th 2015 and we have been looking at the inland spread sheet. I was wondering if anyone knew in general if the "Date Application Received by CIC" actually corresponds to the date that someone signed for the package?

Thanks,
Mat
In most cases it is. I saw a couple cases where there was a couple days difference.

zuzuzu

Feb 19, 2015
Hey guys,

My spouse and I applied for PR and OWP on January 23. We were expecting to be able to get MSP in B.C. for me in no more than 3 months after our PR/OWP applications were received by the CIC (which would be 4.5 months after we got to Canada), so we only purchased travel insurance for me until the end of April. This insurance can't be extended and, as AOR (which is a must for MSP) hasn't arrived yet, we are trying to figure out what to do about my medical coverage.

Does anyone have any experience getting some sort of insurance while not eligible for MSP? We have no idea what to look for.
I don't have any work permit and have the status of visitor.

Any advice is appreciated!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
zuzuzu said:
Hey guys,

My spouse and I applied for PR and OWP on January 23. We were expecting to be able to get MSP in B.C. for me in no more than 3 months after our PR/OWP applications were received by the CIC (which would be 4.5 months after we got to Canada), so we only purchased travel insurance for me until the end of April. This insurance can't be extended and, as AOR (which is a must for MSP) hasn't arrived yet, we are trying to figure out what to do about my medical coverage.

Does anyone have any experience getting some sort of insurance while not eligible for MSP? We have no idea what to look for.
I don't have any work permit and have the status of visitor.

Any advice is appreciated!
I was able to get Westlad insurance when I was here in Canada for more than a year, so you shouldn't have problem to get a private insurance.

As for BC MSP, it's not guaranteed that you can get it, even if you receive the AOR. I was fighting with them for 5 months, but even our appeal was denied. We involved our MLA, MP, didn't help. Now we are waiting for the ombudsperson to do something, we sent them our case early September, and just got a letter that the investigation is open, but there is no update yet. You can read more about other's struggle here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bc-inlanders-thread-t184207.0.html

Once you receive the OWP you will be most likely able to get coverage, but only after the waiting period. So, if you receive your OWP in May, you will be covered from August.

zuzuzu

Feb 19, 2015
sophieee said:
I was able to get Westlad insurance when I was here in Canada for more than a year, so you shouldn't have problem to get a private insurance.

As for BC MSP, it's not guaranteed that you can get it, even if you receive the AOR. I was fighting with them for 5 months, but even our appeal was denied. We involved our MLA, MP, didn't help. Now we are waiting for the ombudsperson to do something, we sent them our case early September, and just got a letter that the investigation is open, but there is no update yet. You can read more about other's struggle here:
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bc-inlanders-thread-t184207.0.html

Once you receive the OWP you will be most likely able to get coverage, but only after the waiting period. So, if you receive your OWP in May, you will be covered from August.
Hi Sophie,

Wow, I have to say we're quite shocked! That's just so wrong. Especially considering that they even have a specific guide for that (I can't post links so in case anyone wanted to check out the guide, just google "COVERING A SPOUSE OR CHILD WHO IS AN APPLICANT FOR
PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS IN CANADA")

Once we get the AOR or OWP we'll try anyway but it's good to know that we shouldn't count on it. Thanks a lot for your input and good luck!

RenW

Mar 18, 2015
Hi

Has anyone travelled on an open work permit without a job. I am wondering if i would have any problems getting back in to Canada. My country doesnt require a visa....but i am still hesitant. I would be traveling with my son who is 8 mths.

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
sophieee said:
The OWP now is $155 + $100
And for the PR, the $550 is correct, you can pay the $490 for RPRF later.
Hi sophieee, when did they implemented the new rule about the $100 fee for OWP? i think we only paid $155 when we submitted the application. :( hope they will not return our application package..

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
shoot.. found the link about the extra $100 fee.. I'm just hoping they won't send our application back! :(

Jamarns

Feb 8, 2015
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
The new rule was implemented on the 21st of February, as long as your application was post marked before then I think you should be ok.

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
Jamarns said:
The new rule was implemented on the 21st of February, as long as your application was post marked before then I think you should be ok.
yeah, i just saw it today.. which is bad coz we submitted it last march, they sent us an email with the application number for the INland spousal sponsorship application. I was wondering if i can re submit the OWP application with the correct fee on it. I just hope they will just ask for additional fee instead of returning it..