23-06-2015
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-06-2016
Interview........
15-03-2016
Hi,
Does anyone know if it's legal to take online distance course while waiting for PR inland?
Thanks..

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
RDN said:
Hi,
Does anyone know if it's legal to take online distance course while waiting for PR inland?
Thanks..
As long as it's not a Canadian school you can do wathever you want.

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
sophieee said:
As long as it's not a Canadian school you can do wathever you want.
So I have a question

Called CIC and they confirmed that an OWP was issued ( Pilot program). How long has it usually taken for people here to receive the work permit in the mail ?

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
Hey, people !

I have two doubts and I'd like to check if someone here can help me.

1- As I don't have any dependants and representative, I didn't send the additional form for dependant and for representative. Today, I was watching a video on youtube from a girl that applied in 2014 and she said her package was sent back because she didn't fill those forms too. They said she should have filled them with " Not Applicable " , signed and sent them ( even if she doesn't have representative and dependants). Do you know any information about this ?

2- The other issue is: I sent OWP application with my RP application two months before my tourist visa expires in order to have implied status (and to have the right to work too). But CIC , probably, will open it just after my visa expires. Although I sent everything ( but those 2 forms mentioned above), I'm afraid they can send it back to me for some reason. If they do, I will be out of status. As I still have time to extend my tourist visa, do you think it would be nice to extend it ? If I have an extension, I will be covered ( in case CIC sends the package back to me) ... but there is a risk of having my extension denied.
According to your experience, what would you do ?

Thanks a lot in advance !! Good luck for us !!

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
hello, not sure which thread to post this, in BC-PNP or Family Class so I will post on both lol ;D

my friend applied for BC-PNP its still in process and the employer handles every paper work for their workers, this employer(my former employer actually) just got his immigration consultant licensed recently

my friend moved in BC from Yukon in 2012,she was told by the employer that she can work right away without the work permit reason is "its still on process", she starts working in Oct she got the WP 7 months later, anyways the employer wrote on the BC-PNP application form (work history) that she started in Oct, no WP but she got pay stub and taxes were deducted as well since this month.

October 2012 - starts working in new employer
April 2013 - old permit expired from old employer
May 2013 - got the new WP

December of last year she got married, and wants to apply for Spousal Sponsorship inland, she is having problems in one of the forms that she needs to fill up regarding the work history

* write in October but got no work permit as proof
* write unemployed from October to May but she got pay stubs and taxes were paid during these months

any help is highly appreciated please and thank you Smiley

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
MC2015 said:
Hey, people !

1- As I don't have any dependants and representative, I didn't send the additional form for dependant and for representative. Today, I was watching a video on youtube from a girl that applied in 2014 and she said her package was sent back because she didn't fill those forms too. They said she should have filled them with " Not Applicable " , signed and sent them ( even if she doesn't have representative and dependants). Do you know any information about this ?

2- The other issue is: I sent OWP application with my RP application two months before my tourist visa expires in order to have implied status (and to have the right to work too). But CIC , probably, will open it just after my visa expires. Although I sent everything ( but those 2 forms mentioned above), I'm afraid they can send it back to me for some reason. If they do, I will be out of status. As I still have time to extend my tourist visa, do you think it would be nice to extend it ? If I have an extension, I will be covered ( in case CIC sends the package back to me) ... but there is a risk of having my extension denied.

I believe if you sent the app 2 before your visitor status expired, you will be visitor untill then, after that you will be on Implied dtatus since you applied for and OWP with your PR.

Even if you apply one day before it expires, as long as is Post Marked a day before visitor expiry date, you will get implied status.

Cleobeth

Feb 5, 2015
Hello, looking for some expert opinion. My husband is Algerian. We were married in Canada 2.5 years ago. He has travelled here 3 times in total, we have traveled together on brief vacation to a 3rd country. His total say in my home is about 6 months.
We have always been in daily contact and share all aspects of our lives, including future plans.
He is finally free from his professional and financial obligations at home and we are ready to apply for sponsorship.
We have a significant age difference and culture difference. We don't feel this, or look much different in age,
but on paper, factually we are.
We are considering whether InLand would be our best option, to provide more time together while our application is being processed.
We must reach this decision very soon, before his planned vacation ends. If we do not apply InLand, he needs to return on the pre-booked ticket and return to work on the scheduled date.
Does anybody with insight on these matters have an opinion whether InLand would help us to provide a stronger application?
Thanks, Cleobeth

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MC2015 said:
Hey, people !

With the dependent form, it's advised to fill out with N/A, but if you are talking about the IMM 0008DEP, I didn't fill out that either, and there was no problem.
You don't have to fill out the representative form if you don't have one.
And as vinotintazo wrote, you have implied status, the date CIC received you app is what counts, not when they open it.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
cutetwins said:
hello, not sure which thread to post this, in BC-PNP or Family Class so I will post on both lol ;D

my friend applied for BC-PNP its still in process and the employer handles every paper work for their workers, this employer(my former employer actually) just got his immigration consultant licensed recently

my friend moved in BC from Yukon in 2012,she was told by the employer that she can work right away without the work permit reason is "its still on process", she starts working in Oct she got the WP 7 months later, anyways the employer wrote on the BC-PNP application form (work history) that she started in Oct, no WP but she got pay stub and taxes were deducted as well since this month.

October 2012 - starts working in new employer
April 2013 - old permit expired from old employer
May 2013 - got the new WP

December of last year she got married, and wants to apply for Spousal Sponsorship inland, she is having problems in one of the forms that she needs to fill up regarding the work history

* write in October but got no work permit as proof
* write unemployed from October to May but she got pay stubs and taxes were paid during these months

any help is highly appreciated please and thank you Smiley
She should find out her real status in 2012-2013, maybe she was on implied status? If she worked illegally for 7 months I think she should consult with a really good lawyer.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Cleobeth said:
Hello, looking for some expert opinion. My husband is Algerian. We were married in Canada 2.5 years ago. He has travelled here 3 times in total, we have traveled together on brief vacation to a 3rd country. His total say in my home is about 6 months.
We have always been in daily contact and share all aspects of our lives, including future plans.
He is finally free from his professional and financial obligations at home and we are ready to apply for sponsorship.
We have a significant age difference and culture difference. We don't feel this, or look much different in age,
but on paper, factually we are.
We are considering whether InLand would be our best option, to provide more time together while our application is being processed.
We must reach this decision very soon, before his planned vacation ends. If we do not apply InLand, he needs to return on the pre-booked ticket and return to work on the scheduled date.
Does anybody with insight on these matters have an opinion whether InLand would help us to provide a stronger application?
Thanks, Cleobeth
I think it doesn't matter if you apply inland or outland, the officer will make a decision based on what proof you can provide. His visa office would be Paris, which is a very fast office, so I would suggest to apply outland. Even if you apply outland, he can try and apply for visitor extension to stay with you in Canada.
But, if an interview required, than he has to go to Paris (and it would be good if you could accompany him). I don't how long would be a process through Paris if an interview is required, the inland route is right now around 2 years, if nothing bad happens, with an interview I would guess three years in total.
Try to ask your question in the Paris thread too:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/paris-office-timeline-t236590.0.html

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
sophieee said:
With the dependent form, it's advised to fill out with N/A, but if you are talking about the IMM 0008DEP, I didn't fill out that either, and there was no problem.
You don't have to fill out the representative form if you don't have one.
And as vinotintazo wrote, you have implied status, the date CIC received you app is what counts, not when they open it.
Sophieeee and Vinotintazo, thanks a lot for your help !!
My concern is: although I sent a complete package and filled in the forms very carefully, I'm afraid that, when CIC opens my package and for some reason, they decided to send it back to me. I'm reading in this forum that they send it back because of little details.
I called CIC today and I was told that if it happens with my RP app, the OWP app will be sent back too and it is considered no application was processed, no implied status and, in this case, I will be out of status.
I don't want to be out of status at all.

Andy1432

Feb 5, 2015
I got this email today,,, please let me know if anyone know about interview what they looking for at the interview,,,,

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:
In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passport at the landing interview.
You must attend the interview with the following:
 All of your dependents if they are included in this application
 Your own interpreter, if required
 Your sponsor if you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal Class.
(NOTE: your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address)
 If you have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, $490 is required.

 2 Photos for each person on this application taken within the last 12 months - see enclosed appendix for specifications
Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. For any questions you may contact the Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.
DATE: 13/FEB/2015 TIME:

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MC2015 said:
Sophieeee and Vinotintazo, thanks a lot for your help !!
My concern is: although I sent a complete package and filled in the forms very carefully, I'm afraid that, when CIC opens my package and for some reason, they decided to send it back to me. I'm reading in this forum that they send it back because of little details.
I called CIC today and I was told that if it happens with my RP app, the OWP app will be sent back too and it is considered no application was processed, no implied status and, in this case, I will be out of status.
I don't want to be out of status at all.
That's true, if by any reason your PR app will be returned, than it will be considered that you lost on status on the day your visitor visa expired, and if 90 days already passed than you won't have a chance to restore your status.
If I understand well, right now you still have visitor status, so you can apply for extension a week before it expires just to be on the safe side.

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
sophieee said:
That's true, if by any reason your PR app will be returned, than it will be considered that you lost on status on the day your visitor visa expired, and if 90 days already passed than you won't have a chance to restore your status.
If I understand well, right now you still have visitor status, so you can apply for extension a week before it expires just to be on the safe side.
Yes, Sophieee !! My tourist visa will expire on March 23, 2015. So, I still can extend it and I think that is the safest option. Thanks once more for your help !!!