+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

kringtonsy

Dec 4, 2014
sophieee said:
Legal status is required, so you can get your OWP only after you got your AIP.
"If you are out of status, you will need to get back into status before you can apply (through a restoration of status).
* One call centre agent said you can submit OWP at the same time as restoration of status, but I'd suggest getting more confirmation first."

is this true? for out of status applicants?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
stereognosis said:
Follow up question regarding OWP:
My wife is here currently on a study permit valid till end of October 2015. We are planning to apply inland in May 2015. If I understand correctly - in accordance with the pilot program this means that she will receive her OWP BEFORE expiry of her study permit? If for some reason this does not happen (e. g. aforementioned increase in number of inland applications) and her OWP will not be issued before November 2015 - will she have implied status?

Thank you.
Right now CIC promises a 4 months processing, so according to this, your wife should get the OWP in September, but no one knows how will it work in the reality. But yes, if her OWP is delayed she will have implied status in the meantime.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kringtonsy said:
"If you are out of status, you will need to get back into status before you can apply (through a restoration of status).
* One call centre agent said you can submit OWP at the same time as restoration of status, but I'd suggest getting more confirmation first."

is this true? for out of status applicants?
Only if you lost your status less than 90 days ago. In this case you can apply to restore your visitor status. But after 90 days you no longer have this option.

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
Hello everyone!

First off, wanted to say that this forum was a great source of information and helped me a lot in the past, keep doind what you are doing guys, you are helping lots of people out there! :D

Now to my question:

Me and my Canadian partner are planning to get married very soon, after a 2 year relationship in Canada. Right now I am on an OWP, with 5 more months to go until it expires (June 3rd, 2015).
We are planning to apply for Inland sponsorship as soon as we have the Marriage certificate, and gathered all the required docs.

1. With the new OWP pilot, what is the exact way of sending in the applications (both PR and OWP) and to which exact address (we want to include OWP application with the PR application)? If you can attach a link to CIC website with this info, I will greatly appreciate it.

2. In your opinion, will there be any problem regarding the fact that we have such a short interval between the wedding and the application? We have plenty of photos and info proving our relationship that led to the wedding.

3. Right now in my passport it says I am not married. After the wedding the status will obviously change. But should I worry about updating the status in the passport? All the other documents will have the proper status, and it will be obvious that the passport hasn't been updated. (I don't want to spend time and extra effort on updating it right now).

I am from Israel, which is a visa exempt country (just FYI).

These are the questions I have for now, probably more to come :)

Thank you!

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
hello guys! We were just gathering all the documents needed for our Spousal Sponsorship, and plan to submit it in a week or two as my work permit will expire in Feb...I am here as a TFW...I have question..Do I need to provide photos for my non accompanying dependents? thanks

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Vaza3D said:
Hello everyone!

First off, wanted to say that this forum was a great source of information and helped me a lot in the past, keep doind what you are doing guys, you are helping lots of people out there! :D

Now to my question:

Me and my Canadian partner are planning to get married very soon, after a 2 year relationship in Canada. Right now I am on an OWP, with 5 more months to go until it expires (June 3rd, 2015).
We are planning to apply for Inland sponsorship as soon as we have the Marriage certificate, and gathered all the required docs.

1. With the new OWP pilot, what is the exact way of sending in the applications (both PR and OWP) and to which exact address (we want to include OWP application with the PR application)? If you can attach a link to CIC website with this info, I will greatly appreciate it.

2. In your opinion, will there be any problem regarding the fact that we have such a short interval between the wedding and the application? We have plenty of photos and info proving our relationship that led to the wedding.

3. Right now in my passport it says I am not married. After the wedding the status will obviously change. But should I worry about updating the status in the passport? All the other documents will have the proper status, and it will be obvious that the passport hasn't been updated. (I don't want to spend time and extra effort on updating it right now).

I am from Israel, which is a visa exempt country (just FYI).

These are the questions I have for now, probably more to come :)

Thank you!
1. Follow this instruction guide:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
Complete the permanent residence application and the open work permit applications, include the appropriate fees, and submit both simultaneously to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga.

2. Many of us are doing this, so it shouldn't cause a problem.

3. Again, it shouldn't be a problem, you are not required to change everything right away. But your husband should change his marital status with CRA after your wedding, he can do it online.

Good luck!:)

orotibash

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
hi everyone! i am applying for an OWP but i can't open the form that i need to fill up(extend stay as worker forms) everytime i tried to open it there's a message saying that i have to download/update the adobe thing w/c i tired to update and download too. I'm not a techie person. what should i do. need help pls. thank u

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
orotibash said:
hi everyone! i am applying for an OWP but i can't open the form that i need to fill up(extend stay as worker forms) everytime i tried to open it there's a message saying that i have to download/update the adobe thing w/c i tired to update and download too. I'm not a techie person. what should i do. need help pls. thank u
Maybe you should read the answers that you already got an hour ago in other threads and stop flooding every thread...

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Vaza3D said:
Thank you so much, Sophieee!

Although in my case, I am the husband :)
my apologies ;D

ama25

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Is my husband required to have legal status in order to be sponsored by me under the family classs?

I ask this question because the CIC information is confusing sometimes they say you can sponsor your spouse even if they have no legal status but sometimes they say your spouse need legal status in order to be sponsored by you. So which is? Can you or can't you? Thankss

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does everyone not have legal status in canada? Why do people not sent the extension visitor visa before their visa expires?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
chris1302 said:
does everyone not have legal status in canada? Why do people not sent the extension visitor visa before their visa expires?
beats me. i don't get the people who are out of status for years. either they get really bad advice from attorneys and consultants or they just don't take the responsibility to do it.

ama25

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Some people are out of status because of the circuntances, every person's situation is unique and different. Don't judge until you're in that person's shoes. My husband over stayed because I was pregnant and got really sick and almost lost our baby. Any decent person would have done what he did. It wasn't like he planned to over stayed and yes I'm very proud to have him in my life. He's a great husband and a wonderful father. Because all the things we went through we were broke but now I'm getting back in my feet and we want to make things right.

jmarie

Jan 14, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-16-2015
AOR Received.
04-21-2015
We just submitted my husband's Inland Permanent Residence & Work Permit Extension application today. It should arrive in Mississauga tomorrow. When should we receive some sort of notification that it's been received?