Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
The local office send you an email with your landing appointment. There is normally no call. From the time your file is transferred from Mississauga to your local office, you will receive the landing appointment letter in 1-8 weeks depending on the office and your appointment will be for 1-2 weeks later.
Thank you for your thorough answer

Reactions: sylvain1

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you for your thorough answer
I just saw in your signature that you applied through Quebec skilled worker program. So timeline and steps might be different from spousal sponsorship. Here, is a thread for inland spousal sponsorship. However, if you got your decision made and are waiting to land, Montreal is a busy office, it takes time to get news. In our case, it took 8 weeks before getting the appointment letter. The appointment was for 2 weeks later. I've seen a lot of people landing in Montreal having to wait 6-8 weeks after DM to land.

Reactions: melito

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
I just saw in your signature that you applied through Quebec skilled worker program. So timeline and steps might be different from spousal sponsorship. Here, is a thread for inland spousal sponsorship. However, if you got your decision made and are waiting to land, Montreal is a busy office, it takes time to get news. In our case, it took 8 weeks before getting the appointment letter. The appointment was for 2 weeks later. I've seen a lot of people landing in Montreal having to wait 6-8 weeks after DM to land.
Actually I was just looking for someone to tell me about their experience at the Montreal landing office, and I landed on this thread and thought I would ask. I haven't got a decision made yet, but I was trying to figure out through other people's experience whether I was going to do it at IRCC or flagpole. It seems it would be much better for me to do the latter.

Actually, I have a question I think you could answer. Do you know if it is possible to sponsor a spouse through Family Class who is in Canada under tourist visa, but not at the same address as you, for whatever reason?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Actually I was just looking for someone to tell me about their experience at the Montreal landing office, and I landed on this thread and thought I would ask. I haven't got a decision made yet, but I was trying to figure out through other people's experience whether I was going to do it at IRCC or flagpole. It seems it would be much better for me to do the latter.

Actually, I have a question I think you could answer. Do you know if it is possible to sponsor a spouse through Family Class who is in Canada under tourist visa, but not at the same address as you, for whatever reason?
yes flagpole would be faster for you. This cannot be done for inland sponsorship, because we get the CoPR only at the landing appointment.

Regarding you question, I'm not sure, but I don't think it is possible to sponsor a spouse on a tourist visa with a different address. If the spouse would need to be away temporarily for studies/work, that would be possible. But if the person is your spouse and on a tourist visa, CIC will expect that you are living together in a marital relation.

But very importantly, if that person is your spouse (or if you reached common-law status), you have to have that person listed on your current application (either as accompanying or as non-accompanying). If that person is not listed on your application when you land, you will never be able to sponsor that person. If you are not yet married and you did not reach common-law status, you don't need to list her now.
Of course, the best would be to have that person added as accompanying on your current application (you would save time and money).

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
yes flagpole would be faster for you. This cannot be done for inland sponsorship, because we get the CoPR only at the landing appointment.

Regarding you question, I'm not sure, but I don't think it is possible to sponsor a spouse on a tourist visa with a different address. If the spouse would need to be away temporarily for studies/work, that would be possible. But if the person is your spouse and on a tourist visa, CIC will expect that you are living together in a marital relation.

But very importantly, if that person is your spouse (or if you reached common-law status), you have to have that person listed on your current application (either as accompanying or as non-accompanying). If that person is not listed on your application when you land, you will never be able to sponsor that person. If you are not yet married and you did not reach common-law status, you don't need to list her now.
Of course, the best would be to have that person added as accompanying on your current application (you would save time and money).
Once again thank you for your very thorough answer. I did not know you could not flagpole for inland sponsorship.

Back to my question, I may have found the answer. http://imglin.com/20170919125430_2213393.png. See image. I found out that is possible to sponsor someone with tourist visa, or work or study permit presently in Canada. However, to sponsor under Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada, you need to live at the same address. For Family Class you don't. But you may be interviewed outside Canada. (were you or your spouse, whoever was sponsored, interviewed outside Canada?) The disadvantage of applying under Family Class when the spouse is in Canada is that they are not eligible for an open work permit.

Don't worry, I am not married yet, but I am planning on marrying my fiancé after I get permanent residence and to sponsor him. That is why I was asking the question. It is true I could have saved money by adding a spouse to my current application, but I don't see how that would have saved time, at least not for me as an individual, as I will be getting my permanent residence before the end of this year.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Once again thank you for your very thorough answer. I did not know you could not flagpole for inland sponsorship.

Back to my question, I may have found the answer. http://imglin.com/20170919125430_2213393.png. See image. I found out that is possible to sponsor someone with tourist visa, or work or study permit presently in Canada. However, to sponsor under Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada, you need to live at the same address. For Family Class you don't. But you may be interviewed outside Canada. (were you or your spouse, whoever was sponsored, interviewed outside Canada?) The disadvantage of applying under Family Class when the spouse is in Canada is that they are not eligible for an open work permit.

Don't worry, I am not married yet, but I am planning on marrying my fiancé after I get permanent residence and to sponsor him. That is why I was asking the question. It is true I could have saved money by adding a spouse to my current application, but I don't see how that would have saved time, at least not for me as an individual, as I will be getting my permanent residence before the end of this year.
Yes, Family Class is what used to be called "outland". It doesn't prevent your spouse from being inside Canada, but as you said, no possibility for OWP. However, I just want to insist that, even if using family class, if you are in the same country, CIC will expect you to live together. So far, you are not married and not in a commonlaw relation, so no problem. But I mean, after you will be married, if you are in the same country and you are not living at the same address, that will definitely draw attention of CIC.
Regarding the time and money. It would delay your current application, but I don't think that would be for a very long time. Probably, people from the QSW forum would know much better than me. But you would not have to pay another 1090$ for sponsorship + 275$ for CSQ (if you sponsor from Quebec province).

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Yes, Family Class is what used to be called "outland". It doesn't prevent your spouse from being inside Canada, but as you said, no possibility for OWP. However, I just want to insist that, even if using family class, if you are in the same country, CIC will expect you to live together. So far, you are not married and not in a commonlaw relation, so no problem. But I mean, after you will be married, if you are in the same country and you are not living at the same address, that will definitely draw attention of CIC.
Regarding the time and money. It would delay your current application, but I don't think that would be for a very long time. Probably, people from the QSW forum would know much better than me. But you would not have to pay another 1090$ for sponsorship + 275$ for CSQ (if you sponsor from Quebec province).
Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. We will keep everything in mind when the time comes! :)

Reactions: sylvain1

yangdufs

Jul 7, 2014
Hi Guys I have applied for spousal sponsorship inland (Nov 2015) and I just received DM (letter station processing is complete and passed onto the Edmonton office). I am just wanting any information on what to expect next?? Will I have to go to Edmonton with my spouse? I live 7hours north.

Any info will be much appreciated, Thanks in advance!
Are you requested for passport for visa?

yangdufs

Jul 7, 2014
Hi, can anyone tell me how much time does it take for someone to get their landing appointment at Etobicoke office? Got decision made yesterday, now waiting for an email from the Etobicoke office.
Are you requested for passport for landing visa?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Will IRCC request passport for inland sponsorship applicants?
No, there is no passport request for inland applicants. However, you will need to bring your passport at your landing interview.

yangdufs

Jul 7, 2014
No, there is no passport request for inland applicants. However, you will need to bring your passport at your landing interview.
I want to leave Canada and return through an international airport for landing. I think I need a Visa for landing. Can I request for a landing visa?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I want to leave Canada and return through an international airport for landing. I think I need a Visa for landing. Can I request for a landing visa?
If you applied as inland, you cannot land at an international airport, you must land at your local CIC office and wait for the invitation to do so. The CoPR will be handed to you at this landing interview, not before.

Mukul123

May 15, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
march 2015
Hi everyone. I just got an email for medical today. My previous medical expired in April 2017. I am a March 2015 applicant. I wonder if l am close to landing soon. Thanks.