+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Nu_Applicant

Apr 14, 2017
Hi everyone. I am a March 2015 applicant. Received SA in June 2016, AIP in December 2016. Haven't heard anything since. Called the call centre. They say there are some pending security checks. They couldn't tell how long it will take. 26 months are already over. Any help is greatly appreciated.
They are on Dec applicants now. As mine started Dec 8 and got my first landing appointment March 17 but we had to reschedule. (A little less than a month after Med was received)

So we got our Landing Appointment/ PR on May 2.
Hi Mukul,

Do you have any tickets within last 26 months of application like any convictions, tickets overseas may be thats what extending your applications although its weird.

As "9symmerty" application started Dec 8 2015 and he' already got their PR. Mine is December too may be its just depends on random application and they dont go through in sequence or depends on application to application.

Hopefully we hear back some good news soon!!!!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I am sure you are relaxed now and don't have to wait and to move forward in life thats a great feeling I bet. I wanted to check how far and how much time it will take them to start working on December 2015 Applications as mine was from December 2015. As per the application progress excel sheet seems like it will take them at least August to start working on December applications. If they can do faster that would be great or else still in the waiting game.

i am.also december 2015 but we are done now my husband had his landing interview on aptil 28 2017 it took us 17 months

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I am sure you are relaxed now and don't have to wait and to move forward in life thats a great feeling I bet. I wanted to check how far and how much time it will take them to start working on December 2015 Applications as mine was from December 2015. As per the application progress excel sheet seems like it will take them at least August to start working on December applications. If they can do faster that would be great or else still in the waiting game.
It could be really anytime now, they are working on April 2016 applications. Some of us, 2015 inlanders, have to wait a bit more, but you could get news really soon. And from nothing, you can get SA, AIP and DM within 24 hours. Just hang on, it's coming!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi everyone. I am a March 2015 applicant. Received SA in June 2016, AIP in December 2016. Haven't heard anything since. Called the call centre. They say there are some pending security checks. They couldn't tell how long it will take. 26 months are already over. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Have the sponsor contact your MP if it is not already done. CIC always say to whoever call that the processing time is 26 months, while in fact it is closer to 13-14 months currently. You reached their 26 months limit, so have the MP contact them to ask what's going on. You have been waiting long enough!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
They are on Dec applicants now. As mine started Dec 8 and got my first landing appointment March 17 but we had to reschedule. (A little less than a month after Med was received)

So we got our Landing Appointment/ PR on May 2.
congrats on your landing and PR!

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Anyone who landed on March 2017 at Etobicoke received their PR cards yet ? I landed on March 28th and 45 days have passed and haven't received the card yet.

Kohl

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
The Dino site has changed my status from "application received" to "decision made." I checked ecas and nothing has been updated on that.....I've heard that this happens....

How long before I should expect communication regarding the decision? I don't anticipate being denied but am one of those people who worries about worse case scenario, so I'm nervous as hell. My address and email are up to date but I realize my phone number changed so I guess I need to call and update that asap.....

Anyway I've heard that this happens to other people..... hoping to hear this has happened to others and they have received positive outcomes

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
The Dino site has changed my status from "application received" to "decision made." I checked ecas and nothing has been updated on that.....I've heard that this happens....

How long before I should expect communication regarding the decision? I don't anticipate being denied but am one of those people who worries about worse case scenario, so I'm nervous as hell. My address and email are up to date but I realize my phone number changed so I guess I need to call and update that asap.....

Anyway I've heard that this happens to other people..... hoping to hear this has happened to others and they have received positive outcomes
You should receive an email within few hours, maybe a day. Use the information of the sponsor to log in ECAS. If you see decision made on the sponsor side, it means he got SA. You see decision made on the principal applicant side, it means you got AIP, so you likely had SA as well.

Yes you should communicate with CIC to update your phone number, but most likely, they will contact you via email or via "mycic" account if you linked your application.

What is your timeline?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
App Received: June 2015
OWP Received: September 2015
AOR: February 2016
Request for More Information (Details on Government Positions): July 2016
Medical Exam Requested: Sept 2016
SA: Oct 2016
AIP: Oct 2016
Status change to Decision Made: May 15 or 16, 2017

My guess is that the was a hold up with my background check. Based on what I've read I assume I got pulled for an extended one based on working for the US gov't. Ecas has showed my medicals as passed for at least six months now.

It's showing DM on the Dino ecas site under my name on both my and my husband's login. However his is showing as still "in process" under sponsorship application. I am fairly certain this is simply oversight as he received his SA letter the same day I received my AIP letter back in October 2016.

For reference we are in the Yukon. I've yet to see someone on here from the Yukon so I'm not sure how quickly they contact after DM. There is a locked office up here which is opened by appointment only, which I assume is for landings and interviews.

I've been ground down a bit with a DM and no positive confirmation but I have no reason to expect a negative outcome so I am feeling some relief and yet some additional trepidation; its very twilight zone-y.

Hope this information helps and thank you for sharing your insights.
Yes, even if ECAS does not show decision made on the sponsor side, if he already had is SA letter, I would not worry.
But decision made on ECAS on the principal applicant side, means AIP. So, to me it's a bit strange that it comes out only now if you got AIP letter in October.

Did you receive a DM letter? If you linked your application to your "mycic" account, this is where you should find it.

ours was worded like that:

Dear XXXX XXXXXXX :
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal Immigration will contact you to arrange an
appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

If you did not receive yet such a letter, I would probably try to contact CIC and tell them you saw a change to decision made in ECAS, but you did not get any new letter, does it mean that a decision was made on your application.

If you got such a letter, I think that most offices will schedule you an appointment within a few weeks. In our case, it was quite long, but that is a very busy office (Montreal).

Kohl

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Yes, even if ECAS does not show decision made on the sponsor side, if he already had is SA letter, I would not worry.
But decision made on ECAS on the principal applicant side, means AIP. So, to me it's a bit strange that it comes out only now if you got AIP letter in October.

Did you receive a DM letter? If you linked your application to your "mycic" account, this is where you should find it.

Dear XXXX XXXXXXX :
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal Immigration will contact you to arrange an

If you did not receive yet such a letter, I would probably try to contact CIC and tell them you saw a change to decision made in ECAS, but you did not get any new letter, does it mean that a decision was made on your application.

If you got such a letter, I think that most offices will schedule you an appointment within a few weeks. In our case, it was quite long, but that is a very busy office (Montreal).

No I did not receive a DM letter.

But I did receive an AIP letter way back in October. It was the standard AIP letter ("It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you......")

My status has been "Application Received" from Day 1 until yesterday.

Kohl

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015

Dear XXXX XXXXXXX :

My gut is telling me that even though my ecas is not updating in mycic and I haven't received any correspondence yet, that the change from app received to decision made means final decision made. I never even went to "in progress" status. Lol. But everything has been done for seven months...AIP, meds passed, SA. For the status to update now tells me that something's stirred.

Under decision made it says that decision made means one of the following things:

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

Sponsorship / In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status Determined
The sponsorship applications and In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you in writing in either case.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

Kohl

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015

Dear XXXX XXXXXXX :

I'm going to call them and say just like you suggested.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.