+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Okz

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
abrakadabra said:
oh, that's a good idea to hire a lawyer. It seems like a very difficult situation, I was asked to provide more proof too back in Oct 2016 and haven't heard anything since. I sent everything that I could use fto prove the relationship.
I guess the fact that your religions are different and you don't want to have a wedding matters a lot for CIC. And they didn't invite you to interview?
Keep us posted, I feel very sympathetic to your situation, hope you'll have only good news.
Thanks Abra,.. so far no luck with the lawyers too, we sent almost 5 letters to different lawyers, one refused, the other didnot answered after further inquiry and from the rest we didnt hear anything yet. I will give one more days to them and move forwards to different lawyers. No interview at the moment. I believe if they want to take any actions that will be now after 30 days.

Okz

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Elizabeth-2017 said:
Hi Everyone:

I'm new to this forum and I heard good things about how you guys are very unified in helping families achieve their immigration goals and settle as quickly as possible in Canada. I have an urgent situation that I need help with. IRCC emailed my husband yesterday and the message came on his GC Key Account and a letter was attached to it. At first I was excited when he showed me the letter. However, when I started reading it the officer is saying that:

....Having reviewed your application, I have concerns that you may not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada. According to subsection 124(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, a foreign
national is a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class if they are the spouse or
common-law partner of a sponsor and cohabit with that sponsor in Canada.....

I would therefore request that you send any information and/or documents which you
consider might respond to this concern within thirty (30) days from the date of this letter.

My husband & I live together. So I'm wondering what does this officer need as additional proof??

Application Filed: December 20, 2015
AOR1: February 17, 2016
AOR2: June 10, 2016

Thanks for any assistance you can give me....Desperate, Frightened and Overwhelmed.
Ah! seem we both are on same boat. However, I truly hope you may have chance to provide more proves, Since I am suck without a status in Canada, therefore, we are unable to provide proves, other than living together from more than 2 years now and photos that we have while traveling inside Canada. Good Luck!

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Okz said:
Ah! seem we both are on same boat. However, I truly hope you may have chance to provide more proves, Since I am suck without a status in Canada, therefore, we are unable to provide proves, other than living together from more than 2 years now and photos that we have while traveling inside Canada. Good Luck!
I'm not clearly understanding the letter. Is it a request for additional proof?

Okz

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
abrakadabra said:
I'm not clearly understanding the letter. Is it a request for additional proof?
Yes, you have to provide more proves. Just living together will not satisfy them. I believe they already mentioned on the letter what kind of proves they. I-e, Mutual bills, credit cards, property mortgage, will, insurances under both partners' names.

oluwalisa

Feb 8, 2017
simpsol22 said:
That message is always there it seems lately. but do you continue listening? Last two times I called it says they are busy....but then i could proceed and get in line.
Yes I do and then it tells me they cannot connect my call and to try back later.

oluwalisa

Feb 8, 2017
simpsol22 said:
That happens occasionally for some strange reason---some letters showing up in snail mail. After AIP you need to wait for a decision to be made. Then the landing interview. Timing for DM can vary...it all depends on background checks, reviewing the relationship and if they are waiting on anything else from you. You mentioned having a relationship interview....so it's also a matter of them reviewing the notes from that too and making that final decision.
I didn't know there was a relationship interview too. Was this done via telephone?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
oluwalisa said:
Yes I do and then it tells me they cannot connect my call and to try back later.
I get in line whenever I choose English option. The line hangs up every time I choose French option...

oluwalisa

Feb 8, 2017
sylvain1 said:
I get in line whenever I choose English option. The line hangs up every time I choose French option...
Do you use the indicate the option for sponsorship application cos that is what I chose. Its funny cos months ago it was easy to get someone to talk to me.

dermire2012

Dec 27, 2016
It has been two since since DM on my ecas online and still DM there and no DM letter or Landing letter. :( how long for some of you got their DM letter and then Landing letter. I live in Toronto. Anybody here from Toronto? Thanks,

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
dermire2012 said:
It has been two since since DM on my ecas online and still DM there and no DM letter or Landing letter. :( how long for some of you got their DM letter and then Landing letter. I live in Toronto. Anybody here from Toronto? Thanks,
Etobicoke is taking around 6 wks just to schedule. If you didn't get the dm letter you can call cic and inquire.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Okz said:
Yes, you have to provide more proves. Just living together will not satisfy them. I believe they already mentioned on the letter what kind of proves they. I-e, Mutual bills, credit cards, property mortgage, will, insurances under both partners' names.
I got also receipts from the family doctor with our name and address, bill of sale when we purchased my vehicle with our name and address, letter from family, money transfers from the sponsor every months, and we wrote letters about how our relationship started, what they mean for us now and how we see our common future.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Okz said:
Oh, I forgot phone bills with highlighted phone numbers (basically that we call each other every so often), and phone bills with the same address.
Good luck to you Okz. Sincerely wish you all the best

agentdi25

May 4, 2016
dermire2012 said:
Im in Toronto, December applicant. We received DM email almost 10 days after DMs were shown for both sponsor and applicant. Now waiting for the interview date and time.

Based on spreadsheet, it looks like 30-40 days between DM and interview for Etobicoke landing.

Here is the my full time line:

Application received by CIC - December 15, 2015
1st AOR - Jan 15, 2016
2nd AOR - June 10, 2016
SA - January 31, 2017 (both ecas and email on the same day)
AIP - February 2, 2017 (on ecas, no email)
DM email - February 13, 2017

Landing Office - Etobicoke
Medicals and PPC upfront.

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone!

Okz

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
abrakadabra said:
I got also receipts from the family doctor with our name and address, bill of sale when we purchased my vehicle with our name and address, letter from family, money transfers from the sponsor every months, and we wrote letters about how our relationship started, what they mean for us now and how we see our common future.

Yes, do include all these receipts as well. But they need something in common, for example the vehicle purchased from the bank account should be joint one, not just under your name. I included our facebook chat of over 220 pages... lol...but they need more ..

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Hey guys ,

how long does it usually take to hear back from them after the documents request ( more relationship proof )?? . we only received SA ( same date as the request)

Thanks in advance