App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
Med's Request
25-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
LANDED..........
27-09-2012
Anyone knows what this means in terms of waiting time?

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
mogohuang said:

It's all good if it's in proccess still

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
mogohuang said:

I'd start watching your eCAS. Mine still says that and my app is now complete . After mine switched to reveiw in progress, my sponsors ecas said DM. A week later mine changed to dm and then a week later i got landing.

Sallychanchan

Mar 16, 2016
Hi Guys,

I want to share some great news! This will happen for you, too! I got to the finish line! Thank you so much for all your support. Everyone on this forum has been so supportive and I've received so much. Wishing all of you get to where I am today. I know you will.

I'm a December 22, 2015 applicant. I have received my landing interview on Feb 10, 2017. It's quite surprise even I know that the CIC is working on December, 2015 applicants right now. Because I haven't received any SA or AIP before the landing interview. My landing interview will be on Feb 16, 2017.

For your reference, here is my timeline.
December 22, 2015 Received by CIC
Feb 05, 2016 First AOR
June 10, 2016 Second AOR
June 17, 2016 Criminal Record request even I have already submitted before. I resent another copy again to the CIC

Feb 10, 2017 Landing Interview Schedule for Feb 16, 2017

I didn't submit my medical test when I originally sent out my application, because I know it would definitely take longer than one year. And I don't want to redo my medical test again. I did my medical test by myself without the request from CIC in June, 2016 and sent with my criminal record together to CIC in June, 2016. It showed that they received my medical test on July 14, 2016.

I know this process can be frustrated. And I know it's not easy. Just keep going. And trust that it'll all work out in the end. It usually does. If you need someone to talk to about this, please get in touch. I know where you're coming from. And I'd love to help.

Have a great weekend! :) I'll do my best to help answer your questions and concerns. Please just ask. Good Luck.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Sallychanchan said:
Hi Guys,

I want to share some great news! This will happen for you, too! I got to the finish line! Thank you so much for all your support. Everyone on this forum has been so supportive and I've received so much. Wishing all of you get to where I am today. I know you will.

I'm a December 22, 2015 applicant. I have received my landing interview on Feb 10, 2017. It's quite surprise even I know that the CIC is working on December, 2015 applicants right now. Because I haven't received any SA or AIP before the landing interview. My landing interview will be on Feb 16, 2017.

Congratulations Sally I am December 14,2015 and I am the sponsor waiting for egablity, my husband the pa passed criminality passed the background and expired medical,. But any day
Feb 05, 2016 First AOR
June 10, 2016 Second AOR
June 17, 2016 Criminal Record request even I have already submitted before. I resent another copy again to the CIC

I didn't submit my medical test when I originally sent out my application, because I know it would definitely take longer than one year. And I don't want to redo my medical test again. I did my medical test by myself without the request from CIC in June, 2016 and sent with my criminal record together to CIC in June, 2016. It showed that they received my medical test on July 14, 2016.

I know this process can be frustrated. And I know it's not easy. Just keep going. And trust that it'll all work out in the end. It usually does. If you need someone to talk to about this, please get in touch. I know where you're coming from. And I'd love to help.

Have a great weekend! :) I'll do my best to help answer your questions and concerns. Please just ask. Good Luck.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Sallychanchan said:
Hi Guys,

Feb 05, 2016 First AOR
June 10, 2016 Second AOR

Hi,

Congratulations to you!! Just have a question, we also didnt do the medical initially due to the same reason as yours.We applied in May 2016.After reading your post , wondering if we should also do the medical right away before they request for it , so that they already have our medical.So did you send your medical through case specific enquiry?I mean what is the procedure to send the medical coz I have heard that generally the hospital itself sends the medical to CIC.If you could please guide us for the same, that would be great!!

Thanks

berylia

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Request
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
17-12-2016
shaznaz75 said:
I am officially a Permanent resident of Canada. The entire process took 14 months and 20 days to be exact. The landing interview hardly took 10 minutes. Out of those 10 minutes the guy explained to my sponsor and me our rights etc (financial obligation, and for me as PR to be in the country for 2 years out of 5 etc...) My PR is not conditional we have been married for over 7 years and have children together.

He went through two questions which are already answered "No" on the COPR I just basically had to put my initial in front of them. I kept one copy for myself the other copy was for them to keep. Gave him the receipt for the right to PR and 2 pictures.

The two questions asked were have you ever committed crime outside of canada/refused entry and/or deported and the other one was about dependents if there are any who were not on my original application, NO to both, initialed in front of the questions and that was it, as for ID my sponsor just had the health card (ontario) doesn't have address on it, the guy didn't seem to care actually he just told us to go over the address on the COPR which is actually our lawyers (thats where the PR will be mailed) and I said that's fine with us. The landing office was kitchener, we went in at 8:55 and we were out by 9:20. Was told to go to Services Canada on Monday to get my permanent SIN card and Service Ontario for my OHIP (not in a hurry to get OHIP, I already have one that is valid for another 6 months)

Good luck to all who are waiting for their landing interview and to those who are waiting for SA/AIPS/DMs I will be around but wont be checking this forum for a little while but feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions. A quick shout out of thanks to everyone on here, almost felt like we had an E-Family everyone was supportive and helped us through this long, at times unending and nerve wrecking process. The wait for the actual PR card begins, he said that can take anywhere from 6 - 7 weeks.
Congrats! And thank you for the detailed information.
But why it's 2 yr out of 5 yr (to become a citizen). It is still 4 years out of 6 years according to CIC website.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
RV23 said:
Hi,

Congratulations to you!! Just have a question, we also didnt do the medical initially due to the same reason as yours.We applied in May 2016.After reading your post , wondering if we should also do the medical right away before they request for it , so that they already have our medical.So did you send your medical through case specific enquiry?I mean what is the procedure to send the medical coz I have heard that generally the hospital itself sends the medical to CIC.If you could please guide us for the same, that would be great!!

Thanks
Medical exams can no longer be done up front. You'll have to wait until they request it. If you call a panel physician to try to schedule an appointment they won't.

berylia said:
Congrats! And thank you for the detailed information.
But why it's 2 yr out of 5 yr (to become a citizen). It is still 4 years out of 6 years according to CIC website.
It's 2 years in every 5 to maintain your PR status, not for citizenship.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
danawhitaker said:
Medical exams can no longer be done up front. You'll have to wait until they request it. If you call a panel physician to try to schedule an appointment they won't.

It's 2 years in every 5 to maintain your PR status, not for citizenship.
Ok! Thanks for the info!! :)

ana0911

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
I landed in november 2016 and received my pr card in the mail on the 1st of february.The lady told me 8-10 weeks when i landed and upon checking on cic website it was taking 56 days excluding mailing time.So i called cic on January 30th which was on a monday and asked her to check for me if my card had been mailed out since its been 60 days,so she checked and told me your card was mailed today and it will tale anywhere between 2 to 10 days to arrive in the mail and it was in the mail by wednesday.So i will say give it atleast 8 weeks to arrive in the mail.
Goodluck to you all waitong for your pr card.

krishr

Jan 18, 2017
simpsol22 said:
Yes just docs in letter....but make sure sposnor has photo id even if not listed. Photo id is key...not drivers license since not everyone drives
Thank you, simpsol22. Appreciate your help.

krishr

Jan 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have a question.

I read in one of the posts here that the applicant received a conditional PR as they do not have children.

Me and my wife are married for 6 years. We do not have children. Is this a concern?

I do not mind conditional PR. I also read on CIC website that conditional PR is applicable for couples whose relationship is less than 2 years. Just wanted to know your thoughts.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello! goodmorning everyone!
so after painful 14 months, we received our SA this morning, along with the letter that says my pr would be finalized in Calgary ( just have to wait for a week for the dates, as per my consultant) i checked ecas and it says there, decision made, and that they received my medical result too...
how long does cic usually e mail back for the dates to finalize the pr?
btw, id like to thank everyone here who've been so helpful :)

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
june1990 said:
hello! goodmorning everyone!
so after painful 14 months, we received our SA this morning, along with the letter that says my pr would be finalized in Calgary ( just have to wait for a week for the dates, as per my consultant) i checked ecas and it says there, decision made, and that they received my medical result too...
how long does cic usually e mail back for the dates to finalize the pr?
btw, id like to thank everyone here who've been so helpful :)
Congrats!