Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
Hi guys!

I "landed" a few hours ago and now am officially a permanent resident of Canada! ;D
I want to take a second and say thank you to everybody on this forum, who invests the time to answer all the questions! I spent so many hours reading this thread and found all the answers to all kinds of questions I had. Good luck to all those who waiting!

P.S. Landing interview was quick and easy - no questions re relationships with sponsor - only standard typical questions. I also went to Service Canada and renewed my SIN number right away

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
sestrenkapsixa said:
Hi guys!

I "landed" a few hours ago and now am officially a permanent resident of Canada! ;D
I want to take a second and say thank you to everybody on this forum, who invests the time to answer all the questions! I spent so many hours reading this thread and found all the answers to all kinds of questions I had. Good luck to all those who waiting!

P.S. Landing interview was quick and easy - no questions re relationships with sponsor - only standard typical questions. I also went to Service Canada and renewed my SIN number right away

congrats that is great how long will that take for everything u

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
sestrenkapsixa said:
Hi guys!

Congrats! what a relief

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just called cic today, and they told me that everything is ok. i submitted my upfront medical last august 2015, and its been 5 months and we still haven't heard from them, i asked the operator to look in to that matter and she told me that my medical has been cancelled, although i have one that is still valid until april of this year, 2 years ago, i did a medical exam for my visitor's visa, and im thinking that, that could be the one, now, the one that i just recently submitted, i dont know where did it go.
im so so frustrated right now :(

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
june1990 said:
i just called cic today, and they told me that everything is ok. i submitted my upfront medical last august 2015, and its been 5 months and we still haven't heard from them, i asked the operator to look in to that matter and she told me that my medical has been cancelled, although i have one that is still valid until april of this year, 2 years ago, i did a medical exam for my visitor's visa, and im thinking that, that could be the one, now, the one that i just recently submitted, i dont know where did it go.
im so so frustrated right now :(
I'd just resubmit your proof of the newest medical on ecas and ask them to confirm it's on file. She may not have been looking at your file right. For mine, my immigration medical wasn't linked until the very end before they approved it. They had to really dig to find it each time I called. She was probably seeing the one linked to your UCI...and the immigration one is probably not linked to your UCI yet.

Sceena

Jan 30, 2017
Hi everybody,

I just want to tell you guys my story about my landing interview, since it confused me a little bit and although it is a while ago, I am still thinking about it. I landed in Halifax in July 2016. I sent my application in September 2015.

My husband and I went to the office in Halifax. Our lawyer told us that this would be the standard interview for my landing. The letter indicated the same (e.g. Bring pictures, passport, Blabla). All of a sudden we were separated and they interviewed me for 30 min. Random and weird questions. All the questions you read about. "What is the colour of your curtains in your bedroom." "On which side of the bed are you sleeping!" "Which shampoo does your husband like?" After a few questions I realized that this was not a landing interview, this was a real interview about our relationship!!! My husband did get the same questions and I had to wait outside. It was really scarry!!!!!

She asked me to join my husband and her after they were done. Instantly, she went over stuff about my landing. So I said? Did we pass? This was a real interview!!! She said it all went well. I landed minutes after that.

My husband and I were curious and asked her about the reason for the interview and why they didn't tell us in advance. She told us it was standard procedure, because our application took only 10 months total.

Did anybody have the same experience???

Thank you!

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Sceena said:
Hi everybody,

I just want to tell you guys my story about my landing interview, since it confused me a little bit and although it is a while ago, I am still thinking about it. I landed in Halifax in July 2016. I sent my application in September 2015.

My husband and I went to the office in Halifax. Our lawyer told us that this would be the standard interview for my landing. The letter indicated the same (e.g. Bring pictures, passport, Blabla). All of a sudden we were separated and they interviewed me for 30 min. Random and weird questions. All the questions you read about. "What is the colour of your curtains in your bedroom." "On which side of the bed are you sleeping!" "Which shampoo does your husband like?" After a few questions I realized that this was not a landing interview, this was a real interview about our relationship!!! My husband did get the same questions and I had to wait outside. It was really scarry!!!!!

She asked me to join my husband and her after they were done. Instantly, she went over stuff about my landing. So I said? Did we pass? This was a real interview!!! She said it all went well. I landed minutes after that.

My husband and I were curious and asked her about the reason for the interview and why they didn't tell us in advance. She told us it was standard procedure, because our application took only 10 months total.

Did anybody have the same experience???

Thank you!
That is the exact description of the relationship/spousal interview. Did you get a COPR at that time and then your PR Card weeks later?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
june1990 said:
im so so frustrateed right now :(

I am sorry June did you call your immgration rep say to you. that's bad

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simpsol22 said:
I'd just resubmit your proof of the newest medical on ecas and ask them to confirm it's on file. She may not have been looking at your file right. For mine, my immigration medical wasn't linked until the very end before they approved it. They had to really dig to find it each time I called. She was probably seeing the one linked to your UCI...and the immigration one is probably not linked to your UCI yet.
My rep is the one who send it to cic, i asked the clinic and all they keep on telling me is that they are not allowed to give any details which i find absurd, the only thing i wanna know is when did they submit the result to cic, the only one we submitted to cic is the proof that i did the medical (emedical) other than that nothing. I feel like im asking useless people, the clinic and my representative. Its so upsetting i just wanna take my lawyer off my application :(

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
june1990 said:
My rep is the one who send it to cic, i asked the clinic and all they keep on telling me is that they are not allowed to give any details which i find absurd, the only thing i wanna know is when did they submit the result to cic, the only one we submitted to cic is the proof that i did the medical (emedical) other than that nothing. I feel like im asking useless people, the clinic and my representative. Its so upsetting i just wanna take my lawyer off my application :(
:( You are allowed to remove them. Are you able to send a case specific enquriy with the medical proof? I'm sure it's just that they were looking at your UCI instead of medicals attached to your passport.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
june1990 said:

I think you can or talk to her or once you get everything report her to Irb or better business bureau

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
simpsol22 said:
:( You are allowed to remove them. Are you able to send a case specific enquriy with the medical proof? I'm sure it's just that they were looking at your UCI instead of medicals attached to your passport.

Maybe your right something sound not right

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Carol...did you check your eCAS tonight?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
I have my landing tomo morning. I am so excited, I don't think I will be able to sleep. Lol.