Visa Office: Mississauga
Country of origin: India
Canada city of residence: Toronto, ON
Current status: Implied w/ OWP
OWP: sent with app, waiting

marketa06

Feb 26, 2015
Hi all!
Yesterday I got my AOR, Feb 17 applicant. It says that there is my UCI in the top left corner of the letter, but there is nothing, no number. Is it normal? I already have UCI from before as I'm in Canada on a work permit but it should be on the official letter anyways...
Thanks!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Thank you everyone for sharing and congrats for the good news! :)

Caro.guimond, you should read this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.6wm36y6y7l8y

katt_zzz

Apr 23, 2015
Hey guys! Thank you very much for all the information you provided here, I have carefully read through all the replies and read the word doc as well. I still have one question and would very much appreciate some advice! I am putting together an application for a Family Class Sponsorship. I have pretty much taken care of everything like medical exam, police certificates, pics, statements etc. I am down to the medical insurance bit! The province I am residing in is British Columbia, I understand that I would be able to apply for a medical plan as soon as I send in my application. But CIC also requires that I have Medical Insurance....so I am looking at private medical insurance providers. Now, I have so many options, so here's my two questions:

1. Is there a minimum coverage that I need to pay for? I found a very affordable option with Covermedotcom but it only covers up to 15.000 dollars. Now for me that's fine, I have no preexisting condition and am as healthy as can be. I know I will not be using it. Is it enough for CIC?

2. Is there a time limit? I was thinking of getting a 3 months coverage and then hopefully apply for the BC health plan. Is this ok with CIC?

If anybody has more of an insight on this matter please share your thoughts. CIC only says a few words about the medical insurance which leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Help! Thank you very much!

Jamarns

Feb 8, 2015
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
Urgent need of your help =)

Hi everyone, we send the papers (pr and owp) with the help of an immigration lawyer on March 13, 2015. My husband's working holiday visa (IEC) expired on April 14th 2015. The lawyer told us he has an implied status and can keep working until he received his open work permit. I am however reading your posts that this program does not give him an implied status, is it true? Is he now out of legal status and should stop working right away..?

I am very worried..
Thank you for your help!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but IEC permit holders do not benefit from implied status as a worker, they would have implied status as a visitor, but they cannot work until they get another work visa. Seeing as you did send an OWP application with you main application he will have implied visitor status, so he won't be out of status, just can not work until OWP is received.

This is an extract from a letter that was sent to an applicant from CIC

* Participants in international youth exchange programs (e.g., Student Work Abroad Program (SWAP), International Experience Canada (IEC) or Working Holiday Program (WHP)) do not benefit from implied status, unless extending a work permit not initially issued for the time limit authorized by the program.

If you'd like to read the whole letter it was posted on the British Expats forum a while back. http://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/implied-status-iec-815262/

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
katt_zzz said:
Hey guys! Thank you very much for all the information you provided here, I have carefully read through all the replies and read the word doc as well. I still have one question and would very much appreciate some advice! I am putting together an application for a Family Class Sponsorship. I have pretty much taken care of everything like medical exam, police certificates, pics, statements etc. I am down to the medical insurance bit! The province I am residing in is British Columbia, I understand that I would be able to apply for a medical plan as soon as I send in my application. But CIC also requires that I have Medical Insurance....so I am looking at private medical insurance providers. Now, I have so many options, so here's my two questions:

1. Is there a minimum coverage that I need to pay for? I found a very affordable option with Covermedotcom but it only covers up to 15.000 dollars. Now for me that's fine, I have no preexisting condition and am as healthy as can be. I know I will not be using it. Is it enough for CIC?

2. Is there a time limit? I was thinking of getting a 3 months coverage and then hopefully apply for the BC health plan. Is this ok with CIC?

If anybody has more of an insight on this matter please share your thoughts. CIC only says a few words about the medical insurance which leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Help! Thank you very much!
Where did you read that you have to have insurance?

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for inland application next week. Just have one question..
In the "USE A REPRESENTATIVE" form, if I don't have any representative, So what should I put in section C?

Also, is it necessary to have a representative? or is it good to have representative for better processing?

Thanks

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hitesh_001 said:
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for inland application next week. Just have one question..
In the "USE A REPRESENTATIVE" form, if I don't have any representative, So what should I put in section C?

Also, is it necessary to have a representative? or is it good to have representative for better processing?

Thanks
Just dont fill the form at all. It even says on the checklist "if applicable"

SNF2015

Mar 24, 2015
Hey jasmine kaur, what exactly did you apply for? You seem to have got a quick response.I applied inland for PR January 27th 2015 but haven't heard from CIC.

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
Sophieee,

I didn't receive the AOR but my husband (sponsor) received it today !! :) :)

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
We got AOR today too!! :)
Jan 29, 2015 applicant

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
cutetwins said:
Jan 29, 2015 applicant
Cutewins, who received the AOR: applicant or sponsor ?

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
Hi! The Sponsor :)

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
cutetwins said:
Hi! The Sponsor :) :)
Cutetwins, thanks for the reply !! Same here!! :)

mishwhis

Jan 16, 2015
cutetwins said:
Jan 29, 2015 applicant
Same here! My partner (sponsor) recieved AOR today!
Jan 29, 2015 applicant
Still waiting for my OWP, hope it's coming soon! :)