07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
moanie said:
Ok so I am going to request my GMCS notes today. Is this correct?
Department: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Category that describes me: Member of the public
What type of information are you requesting: Access to Information Act
Which type of records do you wish to request: Case Files
Requesting information for: Do I put my information? (the sponsor) or my fiancé? (the person being sponsored) Or do I submit twice?
Then do I select Electronic Notes? And enter our file number?
I was wondering this too!

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
j0an said:
Hello!
We applied in may 2015. DH was the main applicant and I was the sponsor.
ECAS says they received our application.
Application processing started in July 2015.
No changes on ECAS since.
Got the medical request in June 2016 (June 22nd).
About a week after medicals, the FIRST AOR was received by email. Still no changes on ECAS at all.
Another week after, DH received an email confirming he is eligible to apply for PR under the program.
Landing appointment email received last week.
Landed yesterday.
Thank to this forum and good luck to the rest! Keep the hopes up :)

PS we applied for an OWP some time last year as well. it was supposed to expire in jan 2017 together with my DH's passport. Glad we didn't have to renew the OWP. :)

congrats! it was a year and a bit. thank you for the update!! please put in the spreadsheet too!!

foreignEx

Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Interview........
14-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
torres12 said:
hi, could you please help me i am freaking out for the past few days, i applied feb 205, and got aip in april , after that i received nothing further, so please can you let me know if this is normal and when i should expect to receive the dm please i am really worried
This is normal. They usually wont tell you anything until after they make the next decision. eCAS doesn't really update that fast too. Usually according to the spreadsheets, around 3-4 months after they requested you for the medical. Good luck! And don't worry about it :D

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Hi everyone!
I just got an email from cic about my landing interview. It will be in August!
I'm sooo happy! :p :D
Good luck everyone!

Applied in March 2015!

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
Congrats!!!

Anastasik said:
Hi everyone!
Good luck everyone!

Applied in March 2015!

paulschild

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Anastasik said:
Hi everyone!
Good luck everyone!

Applied in March 2015!
CPC Vegreville or CPC Mississauga?

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
moanie said:
Ok I used the Access to Information Act, hope that's right!
If you are in canada you want to select privacy act and then it's free of charge.

moanie

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
simpsol22 said:
If you are in canada you want to select privacy act and then it's free of charge.
So its the same thing but one is free and one is $5.00?
Don't care about the $5.00 as long as I submitted the correct request

Jul 21, 2016
foreignEx said:
Purpose of your trip is to visit. If you have family in Canada, visiting for a few weeks ONLY is your purpose. If you say moving in, they will get suspicious of your intent. Remember, you are applying for a visitor visa first. Visitor means up to a maximum of 6 months and it is only supposed to be temporary. 6 luggages will definitely raise concern for border patrol. That will confirm their suspicion that you are really not going to stay a few weeks only. Travel light if you get your visitor visa.
Thank you.
Any papers we should do here before we enter canada, as they will request them there for the sponsorship application?

Lons

May 15, 2016
Angie0509 said:
It was dated 6/17/2016 and there has been no communication from CIC yet.. Actual text is ***Review Required***- Application identified as part of the 2016 inventory reduction exercise for certain Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada applications. Application requires closer review.

What do you think should I do or prepare for?
I would try to relax. "Inventory reduction exercise" sounds like something administrative on their end, maybe as an "example" in some kind of exercise? I would prepare the documents you've already submitted, again. You should have your own copy on hand. Include other evidence as well. Joint bank statements, any mail received, any pictures or invitations (of anything, not just your wedding), print outs of your facebooks if you have one, examples of communication - phone records, emails exchanged, etc. Especially if you applied common-law, try to focus on the harder evidence. Think of any bills you might not have included. Anything that would include both of your names. I also included gift receipts in my own application.

Either way, you won't be denied for this reason without an interview. Even if they request additional documents, worst case scenario is you'd be asked to come in for an interview. There's a thread in this subforum with common interview questions and if you're in a genuine relationship, you don't have to worry about it too much. They'll be questions you can easily answer (where does your partner keep their socks, what do you do on the weekends, and many many others).

Mrs.YeeKeow

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016
Med's Request
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-06-2016
Hello! We received the landing interview letter for my husband's Nov 2015 application. Just wanted to post our timeline, you may add it to the spreadsheet and to help others in this thread as well. It's very specific but it might help some forum newbies like me :D

July 24, 2015: Sent in application
October 29, 2015: Application returned to us because of a missing signature
November 2, 2015: Resent application
April 20, 2016: AOR received
May 1, 2016: Sponsor approved
May 30: Medical requested
May 31: Additional proof of cohabitating relationship requested
June 23: Medicals done
June 27: Sent in requested proof: joint bank account agreement, and letters from my sister, our daycare provider, family friend, and neighbor
July 13: Approved for PR pending background checks
July 13: Paid RPRF and sent in receipt online via case specific enquiry
July 14: Application approved
July 22: Landing appointment received via email!

Graceeunhye

Oct 21, 2015
Hi! I'm a July 28 applicant! And today(july 22nd), I got an email for landing interview appointment! Yay!
My appointment is July 28! It's exact a year! Awesome!! Good luck to everyone! :D