May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Olasam said:
Pls can some one tell me how to track GMCS?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.k8ddeqc5qnkx

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
daftpuff said:
They received my application on December 24th 2014 and I still haven't gotten AIP :( just 1 AOR

I see people here and on the spreadsheet that submitted theirs after me, but they already got their interviews! What's going on??
Unfortunately CIC doesn't follow a strict timeline, they process applications in waves and sometimes leave out certain dates for a long time...
Just to make sure that everything is okay, you can always order your GCMS notes (see link above).

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
daftpuff said:
They received my application on December 24th 2014 and I still haven't gotten AIP :( just 1 AOR

I see people here and on the spreadsheet that submitted theirs after me, but they already got their interviews! What's going on??
That's what's known as typical CIC.

They are too stupid to sort things by date, so they just plain don't, it's too hard for them.

Mumay1829

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Open Permit Received Issued on May 20 and received on May 30
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 19, 2014- CIC received Dec 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
PCI request on May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 27, 2015
Med's Request
March 20, 2016
Med's Done....
March 29, 2016- Received from ECAS
Interview........
July 14, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016 :) Yaaaaas
Hello Everyone,

We just got an email today requesting Police clearance until July 10.

ECAs shows In process no AIP or SA yet.

My husband will do his clearance tomorrow as he needs to get one as well from back home.

We are glad that we are seeing our application moving.

We are hoping that he lands at least by August as we are planning to go for Vacation by October to attend wedding in New Zealand.

How long does it normally takes after submitting PCI to DM or Landing interview. If someone can let me know just average that would be helpful.

Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mumay1829 said:
Hello Everyone,

We just got an email today requesting Police clearance until July 10.

ECAs shows In process no AIP or SA yet.

My husband will do his clearance tomorrow as he needs to get one as well from back home.

We are glad that we are seeing our application moving.

We are hoping that he lands at least by August as we are planning to go for Vacation by October to attend wedding in New Zealand.

How long does it normally takes after submitting PCI to DM or Landing interview. If someone can let me know just average that would be helpful.

Thank you
What countries does he need the clearance from? Unless CIC asked specifically, he does NOT need one for Canada.

If he needs the FBI clearance, it looks like CIC is now accepting letters from approved 3rd party Channelers, which would save a lot of time.

Mumay1829

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Open Permit Received Issued on May 20 and received on May 30
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 19, 2014- CIC received Dec 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
PCI request on May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 27, 2015
Med's Request
March 20, 2016
Med's Done....
March 29, 2016- Received from ECAS
Interview........
July 14, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016 :) Yaaaaas
He is from FIJI.

I am not sure how long does it takes because he still needs to get finger print here.

Thank you

Ponga said:
What countries does he need the clearance from? Unless CIC asked specifically, he does NOT need one for Canada.

If he needs the FBI clearance, it looks like CIC is now accepting letters from approved 3rd party Channelers, which would save a lot of time.

MapleOakLife

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
daftpuff said:

It's ok, they received mine way before yours and I still haven't heard anything from them for the AIP, hell, I don't even have an SA yet. But my notes say they're working on my part of the application. My only advice would be to order your notes.

Boudz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
Hi folks,

I just did my landing interview this morning and was officially approved for PR. The interview was very simple, they asked if I have been convicted of any crime, they asked my wife if shes ever been bankrupt or applied for social assistance. I initialed two forms, they stamped my passport and that was it. Waiting was like 20-30 minutes and the interview was less than 10 minutes. I was told the PR card needs 45 days to be sent to me by mail. Fingers crossed as I have travel plans in 75 days from today.

Thank you all for your advice and I wish you all the best in becoming citizens of the greatest country in the world!

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Boudz said:
Hi folks,

I just did my landing interview this morning and was officially approved for PR. The interview was very simple, they asked if I have been convicted of any crime, they asked my wife if shes ever been bankrupt or applied for social assistance. I initialed two forms, they stamped my passport and that was it. Waiting was like 20-30 minutes and the interview was less than 10 minutes. I was told the PR card needs 45 days to be sent to me by mail. Fingers crossed as I have travel plans in 75 days from today.

Thank you all for your advice and I wish you all the best in becoming citizens of the greatest country in the world!
@ boudz... so did you pay another fee or just from the same $1040? congrat.

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello everyone!!

I have a question, i am wondering if inland applicants will get the real interview beside the landing interview?

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Voong said:
Hello everyone!!

I have a question, i am wondering if inland applicants will get the real interview beside the landing interview?
It's not very common, but it does happen from time to time. If they have any doubts about the relationship being genuine, they can request the interview. My friends had an interview last month and they were interrogated individually for an hour. Then, they went back to the same room to compare answers. Questions ranged from where does your spouse keep her/his socks to what did you have for breakfast this morning or dinner last night. The worst part is, that they waited for almost a year for this interview. They are April 2014 applicants and they still don't have a decision. So make sure your case is very well documented with proof of relationship.

Boudz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
lexxy said:
@ boudz... so did you pay another fee or just from the same $1040? congrat.
Thanks Lexxy, just the 1,040 is enough. They ask you to bring the receipt but she can see on the computer that I had already paid so not sure why I needed to bring it.

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Boudz said:
Thanks Lexxy, just the 1,040 is enough. They ask you to bring the receipt but she can see on the computer that I had already paid so not sure why I needed to bring it.
perfect... Thanks

Olasam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
annakrystyna13 said:
It's not very common, but it does happen from time to time. If they have any doubts about the relationship being genuine, they can request the interview. My friends had an interview last month and they were interrogated individually for an hour. Then, they went back to the same room to compare answers. Questions ranged from where does your spouse keep her/his socks to what did you have for breakfast this morning or dinner last night. The worst part is, that they waited for almost a year for this interview. They are April 2014 applicants and they still don't have a decision. So make sure your case is very well documented with proof of relationship.
I know some one they even ask when was the last time they have sex, how and when they started dating, when how did the husband ask wife out, how did they sleep in the night.