+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
annakrystyna13 said:
It's not very common, but it does happen from time to time. If they have any doubts about the relationship being genuine, they can request the interview. My friends had an interview last month and they were interrogated individually for an hour. Then, they went back to the same room to compare answers. Questions ranged from where does your spouse keep her/his socks to what did you have for breakfast this morning or dinner last night. The worst part is, that they waited for almost a year for this interview. They are April 2014 applicants and they still don't have a decision. So make sure your case is very well documented with proof of relationship.
did cic request your friends for the additional prove of relationship before the interview? or they get the interview right away?

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Nope, they didn't request any additional proof beforehand. They just got a letter from CIC stating that they transferred their application to a local visa office for further processing. It also stated that the local office might request additional information and/or an interview. About 12 months later they received a letter from the local office with a date and time of their interview. They were also asked to bring supporting documents such as more proof of relationship with them.
At the interview they asked the officer why they are being interviewed (they thought they provided a lot of proof, including letters from family and friends and many photos). The officer replied that they don't consider that kind of evidence as important as "hard evidence" such as joint mortgage/rental lease, joint utility bills, joint bank accounts and credit cards, life insurance naming the spouse as the sole beneficiary etc. That being said, photos and letters should also be submitted, but the hard evidence is also very important.

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
annakrystyna13 said:
Nope, they didn't request any additional proof beforehand. They just got a letter from CIC stating that they transferred their application to a local visa office for further processing. It also stated that the local office might request additional information and/or an interview. About 12 months later they received a letter from the local office with a date and time of their interview. They were also asked to bring supporting documents such as more proof of relationship with them.
At the interview they asked the officer why they are being interviewed (they thought they provided a lot of proof, including letters from family and friends and many photos). The officer replied that they don't consider that kind of evidence as important as "hard evidence" such as joint mortgage/rental lease, joint utility bills, joint bank accounts and credit cards, life insurance naming the spouse as the sole beneficiary etc. That being said, photos and letters should also be submitted, but the hard evidence is also very important.
did you say 12 months??? thats really long....

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
anyone here knows how long to hear from niagara fall office for landing interview after DM? thanks

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
annakrystyna13 said:
"Joint Utility Bills"

Honestly, besides CIC itself being a huge joke, "Joint Utility Bills" is probably the 2nd biggest joke as far as "hard evidence" goes.

How a joint utility bill proves anything at all is completely beyond me.

Honestly if anyone wants to successfully steal someone's identity in Canada is get your hands on a utility bill.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi,

I live in canada and I have a PR.. Can I apply PR for my parents... please help on this

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ramansingh05 said:
Hi,

I live in canada and I have a PR.. Can I apply PR for my parents... please help on this
You can apply for your parent PR under PGP sponsorship. They accept applications on first come first serve, on January 2, 2017. There is a cap of 10000. You must have 3 years of meeting LICO requirements for 2013, 2014, 2015 based on family size before you qualify to sponsor your parents.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
GustavesF said:
"Joint Utility Bills"

Honestly, besides CIC itself being a huge joke, "Joint Utility Bills" is probably the 2nd biggest joke as far as "hard evidence" goes.

How a joint utility bill proves anything at all is completely beyond me.

Honestly if anyone wants to successfully steal someone's identity in Canada is get your hands on a utility bill.
I can totally understand your frustration with CIC and the entire process but I can totally see how a utility bill proves that a relationship is real. Well at least it shows that you trust each other enough to be responsible for one another's expenses. I also understand where you are coming from, but do you have better ideas how to prove that a couple lives together? Because that's all you're trying to prove. They don't even care if you love each other or not, the criteria is that it's a mutually exclusive relationship and the couple is cohabiting.

Can_2016

May 17, 2016
Are there any Dec 2014 applicants still waiting for SA and AIP. I applied Dec 8th and Medicals were requested Mar 9, 2016. Since then no response

Mumay1829

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Open Permit Received Issued on May 20 and received on May 30
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 19, 2014- CIC received Dec 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
PCI request on May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 27, 2015
Med's Request
March 20, 2016
Med's Done....
March 29, 2016- Received from ECAS
Interview........
July 14, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016 :) Yaaaaas
Can_2016 said:
Are there any Dec 2014 applicants still waiting for SA and AIP. I applied Dec 8th and Medicals were requested Mar 9, 2016. Since then no response
Hello Can_2016,

I am Dec 22 applicant and we just got a PCI request last week. They received our Medical already and been updated in ECAS. We still waiting for the SA and AIP, however they already request PCI from my husband's country of origin and Police cert from Edmonton. We are just waiting to get the mail from police Edmonton and waiting to get the police report from FIJI. They will send it directly to CIC.

Hope we get some great news by the end of the month. I would like my husband to land by next month as we are planning to go on vacation by August.

Good Luck!

khasse8676

May 22, 2015
Hey Everyone,

I looked at the Ecas today and it is saying decision made under permanent residence application status and that they sent e correspondance on the status of it. in the email it said "it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence...."
now is that AIP?

under the Sponsorship application status it is still saying in process.

we submited on dec 7, 2014
received AOR on april 5, 2015
received OWP under the new pilot plan May 8, 2016
and now DM
let me know whats next and what you guys thoughts are.

thanks

Can_2016

May 17, 2016
khasse8676 said:
Hey Everyone,

I looked at the Ecas today and it is saying decision made under permanent residence application status and that they sent e correspondance on the status of it. in the email it said "it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence...."
now is that AIP?

under the Sponsorship application status it is still saying in process.

we submited on dec 7, 2014
received AOR on april 5, 2015
received OWP under the new pilot plan May 8, 2016
and now DM
let me know whats next and what you guys thoughts are.

thanks
Hi,

When did you receive the email?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
annakrystyna13 said:
I can totally understand your frustration with CIC and the entire process but I can totally see how a utility bill proves that a relationship is real. Well at least it shows that you trust each other enough to be responsible for one another's expenses. I also understand where you are coming from, but do you have better ideas how to prove that a couple lives together? Because that's all you're trying to prove. They don't even care if you love each other or not, the criteria is that it's a mutually exclusive relationship and the couple is cohabiting.
The larger reason why this is so ridiculous is that it's not just CIC that wants things like utility bills to prove residency.

So what if I pay someone's gas bill, at $25 a month. What does that prove? Or what would it prove to put someone's name on my electric bill, for example. Nothing.
What kind of liability would possibly result from putting an extra name on my electric bill? Presumably the sponsor pays an electric bill... so putting someone name on it to help with whatever fraud they're trying to conduct would be trivial.

Further, you don't actually need to have your name on the bill, just provide any bill. That's what I did. Just provided my electric bill, with only my name on it, and that worked for everything.
They might as well have asked us for a proof of purchase from a box of Cheerios to prove her address.

Much easier than amassing photographic proof of a full year worth of relationship. Of course, they're looking for photographic proof of a year worth of "western relationship" so I'm not sure that's completely fair either, but that's beside the point.

You can get an Ontario drivers license with a 5-year abstract, an existing valid drivers license, and someones utility bill.
"Oh my, you have someone's electric bill, allow me to change the address on your drivers license."

Most utility bills don't have more than 1 name on them, many utility bills don't even have names on them at all, just addresses.

It's such a joke.

Mumay1829

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Open Permit Received Issued on May 20 and received on May 30
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 19, 2014- CIC received Dec 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
PCI request on May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 27, 2015
Med's Request
March 20, 2016
Med's Done....
March 29, 2016- Received from ECAS
Interview........
July 14, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016 :) Yaaaaas
Hello Everyone,

I would like to us if there is any possibility that they will ask the passport and take exit to land for inland spousal application?

Or it has be in the service canada for interview to land with the partner?

Anyone of you experience to exit to land instead schedule for interview with your partner?

If someone can let me know that would be great.

Thank you