Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
ROSE K said:
Thanks for your reply... i have a question, i emailed them the scanned documents, is it ok...??? for the proofs of our relationship i have sent our joint bank accounts statement, insurance, MSP joint account , is that enough for them. please advise
I actually didn't know if we could email them any additional documents. I always sent my docs by mail.. So I don't know the right answer to that. Regarding the proof of relationship, if they didn't ask you to provide any more evidence then they were good enough. Only send them the extra docs that they ask for.

Hope this helps

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Well, no PR card for us yet.

Call center says that it is still in process, but they will try to expedite it.

I don't think we'll ever actually get it.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
GustavesF said:
Well, no PR card for us yet.

Call center says that it is still in process, but they will try to expedite it.

I don't think we'll ever actually get it.
It will come, maybe even before your wife becomes a citizen! ;D

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Awesome. We just got a letter, dated February 26, asking for new pictures for her PR card.

Apparently our card was in process till we called and demanded someone to look into our file on the 26th, then they realized they lost everything, and are using some sorry excuse of our picture being improper.
I really wish I had 4 copies of our original picture instead of just the two, so I could send an identical picture and have our PR card sometime next year.

Honestly, screw the PR card. Useless piece of trash anyway.
OHIP is the only card that matters.

If these chimps are so inept they can't even print off a simple little card I don't even know what to do.
I'm tempted to photocopy our proofs, and draw the measurements right on them.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Anyone waiting for your PR card who has submitted before January of this year, you all need to re-send your photos with the new photo size requirement.

Apparently the old machine broke so they can't honor the old size even if they wanted to, and they are waiting 5 months to tell people they need to resubmit.

So, anyone who still doesn't have their PR card who landed before January just send in the new photos and you'll be further ahead.

hkc4ever

Mar 4, 2016
Hi everyone we submit the app October 2014 and got SA and AIP feb 9 also request for finger prints we r wondering how long we still have to wait for DM and is out of status will delay the process?thanksmfor the help

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, please advise.

My friend just got the approval today under sponsorship program. He applied in July 2014. But he has depend. children who live in Europe and will not immigrate with him... In approval letter says that the office in Europe contact with children to get medical exam. Can children do upfront medical exam or he needs to wait until embassy ask to do this? How long? Thanks

Bing_M

Jan 25, 2016
James Russo said:
Bing, congrats! Very happy for you...

JessK yes...it's common. Did cic request you?
Thanks James.
Sent a letter/email/fax to them a week ago to ask why its taking more than 20 months for the first phase. They replied with an email saying its in process and a week later got the SA and AIP.

Now, need to work on getting my wife back because she had to leave for a family emergency last November.

I'm holding on to this article guide to CIC officers:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/pr.asp

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the IRCC website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its regulations permit certain foreign nationals to apply for permanent residence from within Canada. Given that processing times for in-Canada applications can be lengthy, in some instances, an applicant may voluntarily and temporarily leave Canada during the processing of their application.

Temporary residence applicants with in-Canada applications for permanent residence in progress

Has an approval in principle been granted?

When processing applications for temporary resident visas for foreign nationals with an application
for permanent residence in Canada in progress, take into consideration whether approval in principle
(first-stage approval) has been granted. It is consistent with IRPA, and in the best interests
of both CIC and the applicant, to facilitate the re-entry of these applicants as temporary residents
in order to continue processing their application for permanent residence from within Canada.

Note: Officers should note that issuing a temporary resident visa to facilitate return will permit
these applicants to be granted permanent residence from within Canada. A temporary resident permit will not.

JessK

Feb 22, 2016
James,
No i didnt get any request. I am just wondering if they request fingerprints for all cases. In that case application can be delayed no?

I have my work permit and passport valid until November. I am confused if i should wait for sending my passport for renewal. Will it impact my application in any way?
Application Recieved: Nov 6, 2014, SA,AIP on Feb 23, 2016.

James Russo said:
Bing, congrats! Very happy for you...

JessK yes...it's common. Did cic request you?