+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

JessK

Feb 22, 2016
I have another concern. I got my medical done last Wednesday and was told they will submit it via eMedical. Is there anything that needs to be done from my side?

How will i come to know if my medical was submitted?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JessK said:
Do we need to send the Fingerprints with the application? I never sent any Fingerprints.
Fingerprints? No, you don't need to include fingerprints, but you do need to prove a police clearance for any country where you have lived for 6 months or longer. To obtain those, you often need to provide a fingerprint card to the agency that does the check (such as a person that needs an FBI letter from The U.S.).

JessK

Feb 22, 2016
I did provide Police clearance from India but now i have completed 5 years in Canada. Do we need to provide clearance for Canada as well?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JessK said:
I did provide Police clearance from India but now i have completed 5 years in Canada. Do we need to provide clearance for Canada as well?
Only if CIC asks you for one. They usually do their own check for Canada.

Apple604

Feb 29, 2016
Hello guys, I would like to update my application timeline:

Cic received my application on December 8,2014;
Cic started processing application on April 2nd, 2015;
Today, Feburary 29th, i received an email from cic to do medical exam.

No AIP or SP ever received, online status has not changed.... just wondering does medical exam email could be seen as a good sign as the completion of stage 1?

It is really a tough time just waiting for the results... Wish everyone best luck!!!

elisinha

Jan 18, 2016
JessK said:
I have another concern. I got my medical done last Wednesday and was told they will submit it via eMedical. Is there anything that needs to be done from my side?

How will i come to know if my medical was submitted?
You don't need to do anything for now. They will probably updated your application status online when they receive.
SA and AIP usually come right after they receive the medicals (a few weeks).

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apple604 said:
Hello guys, I would like to update my application timeline:

Cic received my application on December 8,2014;
Cic started processing application on April 2nd, 2015;
Today, Feburary 29th, i received an email from cic to do medical exam.

No AIP or SP ever received, online status has not changed.... just wondering does medical exam email could be seen as a good sign as the completion of stage 1?

It is really a tough time just waiting for the results... Wish everyone best luck!!!

Thks for your update. I added you in our spreadsheet... please keep us posted regarding any update from CIC. Medical request is a sign that CIC opened your app, but a request cause a delay of 30 to 90 days to a decision made.

AmmarSal

Feb 29, 2016
Hi this is my first time writing here, below is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on November 18, 2014.
We started processing your application on September 19, 2015.
We sent you a letter on September 22, 2015. (which was AIP and SA)
Medical results have been received. (Jan 12, 2016)
OWP was received (Feb 28, 2016)

Any idea when I'm suppose to receive DM?

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmmarSal said:
Hi this is my first time writing here, below is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on November 18, 2014.
We started processing your application on September 19, 2015.
We sent you a letter on September 22, 2015. (which was AIP and SA)
Medical results have been received. (Jan 12, 2016)
OWP was received (Feb 28, 2016)

Any idea when I'm suppose to receive DM?

Did you get AIP last September? :eek:

DM from 30 to 90 days after you send the medical exam

cindyxinxin

Sep 3, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I have a question about the Medial Exam.
I applied in Nov 2014 and got SA and AIP on 2016 Feb 29.
I know my medical exam has expired, but I called CIC a few months ago and they said not to do anything unless requested. So I did not do anything.

My question is: is it 100% that I will get a request from CIC to redo my medical exam? Or it varies from case to case? Any one got DM without redoing the medical exam even tho it is expired already?

Thanks in advance!

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cindyxinxin said:
Hello Everyone,

I know my medical exam has expired, but I called CIC a few months ago and they said not to do anything unless requested. So I did not do anything.

My question is: is it 100% that I will get a request from CIC to redo my medical exam? Or it varies from case to case? Any one got DM without redoing the medical exam even tho it is expired already?

Thanks in advance!
Normally CIC does the request with AIP. If you did not get any request so far, it's possible that your medical will be valid. Which day on November CIC received your app? I gonna add you in our spreadsheet.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
cindyxinxin said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance!
I've seen few people on this forum who were not asked for a medical redo and went on to get DM, so it's definitely case by case.

I wasn't one of the lucky few, and my medical redo request came after I got my AIP.