Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
birdboy008 said:
You make some nice points about Canada but each person in the 'western' countries are producing (literally) tons of CO2 and most of the developing nations are producing relatively little CO2 yet they will suffer worse from the consequences of global climate change. There is absolutely no doubt that the USA needs to do the most though!

We all have a responsibility to try to reduce our greenhouse emissions. It's not even that hard given the available technology. We just need to invest in it and the government is probably the best suited to make some of the larger investments. They can also pass some laws with teeth to force the rest of us to do more too. We can all try and use more efficient lighting, cars, etc. and try to use them less too. (Shame on anyone using incandescent lighting since LED bulbs are pretty cheap now and use a trickle of electric.)

I'm so glad that something finally seems to be happening. So I take issue with people criticizing this progress.
All these little consumer level things we do here in Canada are fine. I mean, compared to what corporations are doing they're completely meaningless, but yeah recycling and using less electricity is great.
I mean, when you get into it it's complicated, because using less electricity simply means that electricity becomes more expensive when you're dealing with a non-storable resource.

Recycling is another one of those things us greedy Canadians do to increase our emissions per capita.
If we only recycled metals, we'd have a lot less carbon emissions, but more landfill area. So if Canada stopped recycling glass and plastic we'd have less carbon emissions.
Personally, I like the idea of less landfill, but those Kyoto targets don't really care about land. If they did we'd be heroes.

The issue is that Canada survives off of natural resources. So the bulk of Canada's wealth comes from harnessing it's natural resources, which results in emissions.
Do you think mining, oil, or forestry, has any hopes of being green?

The government cutting emissions simply means Canada scaling back on it's natural resource wealth, which means a further plummeting economy.
Instead of axing the unions and saving billions of dollars, Canada is going to focus efforts on diminishing our natural resource sector.

Sorry Canada, it's not politically correct to use natural resources anymore, guess you're out of luck.
Maybe a nice green industry, like the film industry will support the country once mining becomes globally frowned upon.

Do you know what kind of infrastructure is necessary to keep Canada functioning?
We have half the population of the UK, a country that is less than half the size of our little Baffin Island.

We should be punishing them for not having enough undisturbed natural habitats, not enough indigenous wildlife, not enough forestry to produce their share of global oxygen, certainly they don't produce enough steel to support their own industry. Not enough farm land to feed their overpopulated country.

It's easy to throw rocks at the tiny little giant country who needs to provide infrastructure to almost no population spread across a huge land area.
We have to lay more infrastructure, transport more oil, more food, more everything, to support a meager little population, so of course per-capita we're going to look like heavy polluters.
Do you know how much in emissions shipping supplies to our extremities costs us?
Drastically underpopulated, too many natural resources, too much land, too much water, too cold, we're the bad guys with exactly the opposite problems of the rest of the world.

Essentially we're being penalized because we don't have enough population to make our natural footprint look good on paper.
We should just close the most Northern 90% of our land area, force everyone to move into that Southern 10% and suddenly we'd fit into that neat little emissions model the rest of the world drew up without taking us into consideration.

Shockingly Australia has worse emissions per capita than we do, but I'm not going to blame them for it either. They face the same issues we do.
Russia is fairly close as well.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
MaryLou6 said:
Hi,
I got this email from CIC today, yesterday the already extended deadline from my PR card passed. Anybody got this email? Maybe when I get home today, my card will be in the mail! Probably a dream :p
________
UPDATE: I just talked to a CIC Agent and she told me that my card was approved for production but it wasn't sent out yet. She wrote them a note...
She confirmed I should get it in a week or 2.
You got a confirmation of application for your PR card? Did you apply separately for this?

Does everyone get this? What is the "extended deadline"? I'm sure the real extended deadline is whenever they feel like sending it.

I'm already past the 52 calendar day time-frame, but that doesn't mean much I suppose.

I'm surprised she said you'd get something in a week or 2, especially since I was told that a note takes about 40 days to be looked at.

virk1129

Aug 26, 2014
I recieved csq a couple of days ago. It says that cic has been informed abut the csq issuance. Do i have to send csq to cic also?. I havent recieved any instructions to do so. I also asked the call centre agent..she told me that quebec will send csq to cic on its own.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
GustavesF said:
You got a confirmation of application for your PR card? Did you apply separately for this?

Does everyone get this? What is the "extended deadline"? I'm sure the real extended deadline is whenever they feel like sending it.

I'm already past the 52 calendar day time-frame, but that doesn't mean much I suppose.

I'm surprised she said you'd get something in a week or 2, especially since I was told that a note takes about 40 days to be looked at.
That's what she said, she send the note to the pr card processing centre. They only take care of issuing the cards there, so MAYBE there is a tiny chance of reviewing the note sooner than ~40days.

The letter I got is apparently a new thing they started doing. I got it on the day my so called extended deadline passed.
The agent said, they can extend the date for about 2 weeks.
I didn't apply for this separately, CIC does it on your behalf when you land.

aujla

Aug 11, 2014
hi all my ecase shows my application is recieved and started processing in march 2015 and in 2nd column it says application received on - date and medical received. does anybody knows how long its gonna take foe SA and AIP.thanks in advance

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
MaryLou6 said:
That's what she said, she send the note to the pr card processing centre. They only take care of issuing the cards there, so MAYBE there is a tiny chance of reviewing the note sooner than ~40days.

The letter I got is apparently a new thing they started doing. I got it on the day my so called extended deadline passed.
The agent said, they can extend the date for about 2 weeks.
I didn't apply for this separately, CIC does it on your behalf when you land.
Do you find it mildly amusing that there is a "PR Card Processing Center"?

I thought the 52 quoted days were to account for terrible Canadian shipping and a high loss-of-mail ratio, but it looks like the time is almost entirely consumed by the PR Card Processing Center.
UPDATE: It is now 66 days.

So literally this place just prints out the cards, puts them in envelopes and mails them out? I mean, they certainly have no decisions to make as those have already been made.
I can see how this would be a heavily delayed process, I can't imagine how complicated it must be to print out the card and mail them out.

lheenj

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
medical is done on Nov 3, 2015

my husband received an email today that he meet the eligibility for permanent residence, is that AIP?
as well as I received an email today for SA. :D

what`s next? PPR request?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Do you find it mildly amusing that there is a "PR Card Processing Center"?

I thought the 52 quoted days were to account for terrible Canadian shipping and a high loss-of-mail ratio, but it looks like the time is almost entirely consumed by the PR Card Processing Center.
UPDATE: It is now 66 days.

So literally this place just prints out the cards, puts them in envelopes and mails them out? I mean, they certainly have no decisions to make as those have already been made.
I can see how this would be a heavily delayed process, I can't imagine how complicated it must be to print out the card and mail them out.
Apparently they do more than just print out the cards. They have to deal with existing applicants renewing their PR cards as well. I am sure there are a few PR who violated the RO rules, managed to slip by border agents and waited 2 years before renewing their PR cards. They have to examine their file carefully and confirm that they are in fact following the 2 out of 5 rolling years residency requirement. They can issue RQ to those renewing their PR cards as well if they are not satisfied. This would likely explain the long delay for PR cards along with the competency of union staff.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
Apparently they do more than just print out the cards. They have to deal with existing applicants renewing their PR cards as well. I am sure there are a few PR who violated the RO rules, managed to slip by border agents and waited 2 years before renewing their PR cards. They have to examine their file carefully and confirm that they are in fact following the 2 out of 5 rolling years residency requirement. They can issue RQ to those renewing their PR cards as well if they are not satisfied. This would likely explain the long delay for PR cards along with the competency of union staff.
New issue cards should be a no-brainer. That's why there's a separate processing time for re-issues and new-issues.
In fact, for new-issue cards all the work has been done up-front, you already qualify, no investigation necessary.

Re-issue cards are a lot more complicated, which probably explains why the two processing times have varied with no pattern at all over the past 4 years.

Historically it seems that new cards were always very quick to issue, the dates on the website move a bit but stay around 30 days from 2011 to 2014.
Re-issue cards fluctuate wildly, by 50 to 100 days, centering somewhere around 150-ish days. Although going as low as 60-some.

I imagine there is a completely separate stream for new-issue cards, but like you mentioned, getting a union worker to do something menial like print up a card and mail it out is probably something like getting your cat to fetch something for you.

I'm imagining 5 to 10 people devoted to new-issue PR card printing. This time of year at least 80% of them are out-of-office on vacation till mid-March. That's what I'm chalking up the wait time to.

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Hi everyone, 3 days ahead of the 18 month anniversary of my official application date, my sponsor just received SA. I'm elated, truly. A little nervous too that something is going to go wrong. Whatever is going to happen is happening now. Yikes. Probably both feelings are normal.

Can anyone tell me the approximate time frame that I can expect AIP and/or DM? I know i've seen this asked my search for that answer has been elusive.

Thanks!!

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
birdboy008 said:
Hi everyone, 3 days ahead of the 18 month anniversary of my official application date, my sponsor just received SA. I'm elated, truly. A little nervous too that something is going to go wrong. Whatever is going to happen is happening now. Yikes. Probably both feelings are normal.

Can anyone tell me the approximate time frame that I can expect AIP and/or DM? I know i've seen this asked my search for that answer has been elusive.

Thanks!!
In my case, I got my AIP about 3 days later, and I'm still waiting for DM it's been almost six months :'(

But a lot of people got DM and AIP right after SA, so fingers crossed for you :) And for me.

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
28january said:
In my case, I got my AIP about 3 days later, and I'm still waiting for DM it's been almost six months :'(

But a lot of people got DM and AIP right after SA, so fingers crossed for you :) And for me.
Thanks! Best of luck to you as well. It would be soooo nice to done but I've learned not to expect things from CIC. I would certainly appreciate AIP and thus OHIP eligibility, even if I had to wait another while for PR. I'll be walking over to Service Ontario the minute I receive the AIP email or ASAP.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oinkoink said:
Hi guys,

We received AIP last week and now my husband is eligible to apply for OWP (he has no status in Canada right now).

I have a questions regarding the process of applying for Open Work Permit. My husband has created a login on CIC website to apply online. After clicking on "Visitor visa, study or work permit" application he gets a screen asking for personal reference code. However, when he goes through the questionnaire, he gets a message that he is eligible for spousal sponsorship and no personal reference code. Can someone please guide us through this process? Is there a way to simply skip this step and apply for the work permit?

Thanks
Just wanted to mention that even when your husband receives the OWP, he will still be without status in Canada.

Normally, "if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...it is a duck", but not in the case of a person without status that receives the OWP. It will give him authority to legally work in Canada, but will NOT give him temporary resident status...which is absurd, IMO.

I agree with the other member that suggested he apply by mail. Make sure he pays the full amount ($255), which would have only been $155 if he had included the OWP with the Inland application. It shouldn't take 4 months to receive; more like ~ 6 weeks.

Good luck!

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Ponga said:
Just wanted to mention that even when your husband receives the OWP, he will still be without status in Canada.

Normally, "if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...it is a duck", but not in the case of a person without status that receives the OWP. It will give him authority to legally work in Canada, but will NOT give him temporary resident status...which is absurd, IMO.

I agree with the other member that suggested he apply by mail. Make sure he pays the full amount ($255), which would have only been $155 if he had included the OWP with the Inland application. It shouldn't take 4 months to receive; more like ~ 6 weeks.

Good luck!
6 weeks?? Then hopefully I find mine in the mail soon :)