Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
I received my GCSM notes today for my already completed DM application (Waiting for Landing interview)

It's embarrassing how long they did take for processing by looking at the notes there is no reason for it to take 17 months for everything they checked on me.
Yes its true Jamesdavid I cant understand why they take 17months for them to go look at our files and just 1 day to make decision on them. But however it still worth it to get good and postive news (DM) after this lengthy process :)

dwang018

May 27, 2015
hollywoodcory said:
It already said "In Process" before that for the Sponsorship. When you log into his ecas, it says "Application Received" but when you click on it it says "We sent you a correspondence this day. Please provide the additional information requested blah blah blah."
Thank you. When did you submit your application?

dwang018

May 27, 2015
anng said:
Hi dwang018. In our Ecas it says they started processing our application Feb 11, 2015 and our AIP and DM was just 2 days ago Sept 29, 2015. So almost after 8 months.

And about additional info they did but we didnt received it tru email because we never received any request. We found out that they need Additional Family Info and Schedule A when we ordered our GCMS notes. But when we did know it it was past the due date because they requested it Mar 2015 and has a due date of May2015 but we ordered our notes June 2015 and received it July 2015 so it is 2months late. We just added a cover letter explaining the situation and thats it.

No our status didnt changed in Ecas up till now in my Ecas sponsor its still in process but my husbands Ecas it says Decision Made a day after we received the 2 emails (AIP and DM)

Have you tried ordering your notes? Not sure because if you want to be proactive it wouldnt hurt because like what happened to us we didnt received any email that is why we are so shocked when we found out tru GCMS that they requested some. But you are July applicant so I guess a couple of months from now I hope you receive some good news. Just hang in there.
Thanks for the detailed response! We will definitely try to request the GCMS notes through ATI. Hopefully we'll hear some news soon.

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Hi there,

I would appreciate some advise regarding Sponsorship VS EE.

I am a July 2014 applicant under a PGWP. Recently I got a permanent job offer, so I could be applying for EE. My questions is does it worth to go ahead and spend again or should I just wait until my application has a DM?

The processing time is 17 months, I haven't heart from them but I already paid the processing fee + residency, medical exams etc. So if I want to apply for EE I need to pay for IELTS and again medical, processing fees.Based on the processing times of both and that I have waited already 1 year, is it better to wait or to take the risk and spend again?

Thank you,

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
We are May 2014 applicant. Received email from CIC an hour ago requesting for Police Certificate and Medical. We didn't not submit either of those in our initial application. We are given 30 days. Fair enough. But in the letter it states "Your entire application package, along with all requested documents/information, and a copy of this letter must be resubmitted within the timeframes specified above."

Does anyone has the same experience, required to resubmit the entire application for Police Certificate and Medical?

Thanks.

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xandt said:
We are May 2014 applicant. Received email from CIC an hour ago requesting for Police Certificate and Medical. We didn't not submit either of those in our initial application. We are given 30 days. Fair enough. But in the letter it states "Your entire application package, along with all requested documents/information, and a copy of this letter must be resubmitted within the timeframes specified above."

Does anyone has the same experience, required to resubmit the entire application for Police Certificate and Medical?

Thanks.
Could be Application form was updated after May 2014. So they are requesting the Application documents. This is my quess. Check the version you submitted and the latest form version.

Eg: IMM0008 is April 2015
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Maggie03 said:
So we ordered GSMS notes last month since our files transferred to local office before AIP, my husband came and claimed refugee at POE, he was so scared with the VO question at border so he didn't tell the truth a beginning, They also noted in his file that he obtained visitor visa using fraudulent documents when he arrive which we not sure until now why they say that in his file when he arrives Since his passport and all documents is genuine, He never used fraudulent documents

The GSMC note says that his file noted that and that's the reason they transfer to local office for further review
reason for transfer it says eligibility

anyone can shed a light will be useful, how can we prove to CIC that statement is wrong and he did not use fraudulent documents to get his visitor visa
I'm sorry, but your situation looks rather difficult, and I'm afraid not something that an average forum member can help with. You would need more information, like which document did the officer think was fraudulent.
Have you tried to contact your MP? If they are helpful, they can send a letter to CIC. It's still not guaranteed that they can get more information than you did, but you have to try everything.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
xandt said:

Thanks.
That's very strange, I never saw a request like this.
Did you make a copy of your package? I don't know what I would do, but if you happen to have a copy, I would send it.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
sophieee said:
That's very strange, I never saw a request like this.
Did you make a copy of your package? I don't know what I would do, but if you happen to have a copy, I would send it.
Thanks Sohpieee. We have a copy of everything we sent. Guess we will just have to do what we are asked to do, but have to make sure all forms are up-to-date now. All forms in our initial application were the latest at the time of submission.

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
sophieee said:
I'm sorry, but your situation looks rather difficult, and I'm afraid not something that an average forum member can help with. You would need more information, like which document did the officer think was fraudulent.
Have you tried to contact your MP? If they are helpful, they can send a letter to CIC. It's still not guaranteed that they can get more information than you did, but you have to try everything.
Hi Sophiee,

When he arrived he had his Passport which is Genuine,
When he applied visa he provided bank statement for visa application which was genuine as well
to our knowledge none of his document is fraudulent, he was running away from his country and only thing i guess he never tell the purpose he coming here to seek refuge which he lied in his application, we're not sure who is the local MP and how to contact them

serida

Aug 7, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28, 2014
I am Sep 2014 applicant.
I just received the medical exam this morning.
My officer is CK.

Do I need submit anything else such as more photos to my officer?

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
dwang018 said:
Thank you. When did you submit your application?
November 13, 2014

jwilcanada

Jan 19, 2015
My sponsor got an email yesterday (Friday) saying she has been approved for sponsorship! Technicaly my police check will be expired by one day when I got AOR but fingers crossed I hear something on Monday..

Oct 3, 2015
Hello All,

Here is our timeline
Application submitted- Nov 2014
Application received - Nov 2014
Sponsor Notified - Sep 2015
Processing started for the sponsor approval - Sep 2015

Can anybody tell us how long does it take for AIP so that we can file new work permit as current post graduate work permit is expiring in Feb 2016. We are little concerned as WP processing time alone is more than 100 days. Would appreciate if senior members can guide us through these questions.

1) The reason my wife got PGWP only for 2 years and 3 months instead of 3 years was because of passport expiring in FEB 16. Can we still apply for work permit remaining 9 months? If yes than under which category? PGWP again?

2) Is there any other way to apply for new OWP. I just don't want her career to suffer because of this.

Many thanks to everybody in advance! :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaskatoonNov2014 said:
Hello All,

Here is our timeline
Application submitted- Nov 2014
Application received - Nov 2014
Sponsor Notified - Sep 2015
Processing started for the sponsor approval - Sep 2015

Can anybody tell us how long does it take for AIP so that we can file new work permit as current post graduate work permit is expiring in Feb 2016. We are little concerned as WP processing time alone is more than 100 days. Would appreciate if senior members can guide us through these questions.

1) The reason my wife got PGWP only for 2 years and 3 months instead of 3 years was because of passport expiring in FEB 16. Can we still apply for work permit remaining 9 months? If yes than under which category? PGWP again?

2) Is there any other way to apply for new OWP. I just don't want her career to suffer because of this.

Many thanks to everybody in advance! :(
You don't need to wait for AIP to submit the OWP. As long as CIC is aware that you have sent an Inland application, that's all that is required.