+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

REV2255

Jan 20, 2015
GustavesF said:
Website is updated: "Working on applications received March 21, 2014, and September 16, 2014".

I'm still 11 CIC days away from being able to call in.

Another 6 weeks of limbo...
Did you see your GCMS Report?

Mine was receive Apr 3, 2014... no AIP yet..

GCMS report shows that I was requested fingerprint on June 9.... but CIC officer sent to Wrong email address...

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
REV2255 said:
Did you see your GCMS Report?

Mine was receive Apr 3, 2014... no AIP yet..

GCMS report shows that I was requested fingerprint on June 9.... but CIC officer sent to Wrong email address...
I've ordered notes, but haven't received them yet. How long does this typically take?
CIC claims "30 calendar days", which usually translates to 4 months, as I've found.

So you had no way to find out if we have gotten a misplaced request until you ordered GCMS notes.
What exactly is ECAS supposed to be for? What's the call center for? Both are completely useless.

Did any of that show up on ECAS?

What's even more ridiculous is that fingerprints are part of phase 2, have nothing to do with phase 1 or AIP.
I'm not sure what you should be doing now, since the call center still won't talk to you because they're apparently still processing applications from the bronze age.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
GustavesF said:
I've ordered notes, but haven't received them yet. How long does this typically take?
CIC claims "30 calendar days", which usually translates to 4 months, as I've found.

So you had no way to find out if we have gotten a misplaced request until you ordered GCMS notes.
What exactly is ECAS supposed to be for? What's the call center for? Both are completely useless.

What's even more ridiculous is that fingerprints are part of phase 2, have nothing to do with phase 1 or AIP.
I'm not sure what you should be doing now, since the call center still won't talk to you because they're apparently still processing applications from the bronze age.
I've ordered them the first time on February 18 and received them on..................... April 24 (the same year though, yay!).

I've ordered new ones in August , 2015 but nothing so far.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When was the last DM....it seems like it was forever ago..!!

There should be at least 10 DMs a day, what are they doing at the CIC...

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
When was the last DM....it seems like it was forever ago..!!

There should be at least 10 DMs a day, what are they doing at the CIC...
10 DMs a day would still be pathetic. They have an annual minimum target of 45000 per year, and for that they have a staff of approximately 240 to do this.

What does that mean? That there's a daily goal of 123, and *apparently* that means that it takes nearly 2 days for a worker to pick up an application and deal with it, from start to finish, both stages, everything.

Now, since the average CIC worker has about 5 months of vacation time per year, that means their effective work force is only about 140 people, and they are also suffer chronic laziness, which means there's only 80-ish people-worth of actual work going on.

Whatever this means, 123 people should be done every day, and since nothing happens on weekends or the 30 Holidays the government observes, that means we should be seeing around 200 DMs per week day.

Of course we also have to understand that there are only 327 people on the 2014 spreadsheet, so our community here only represents about 0.7% of the total applications filed.
Still, that means we should see 0.86 people per calendar day, and at least 1 person every week day.

...this also means that since we're seeing September being processed instead of March, that it's likely a large quantity of processing agents working on September accidentally.

I hate CIC so much.

REV2255

Jan 20, 2015
GustavesF said:

My GCMS was also shown "30 calendar days"... and I got it exact one month (31 days...) after I ordered.

My case, my husband got SA on June 8 and my ECAS shows "In Process" and it still shows;

1.We received application for permanent residence on April 3, 2014.
2.We started processing application on June 8, 2015.
3.Medical results have been received.

ECAS doesn't show any request from CIC..!!! I called call centre several times.. I told them we got SA but nothing hear from CIC after that... and agent always says I am on 2nd stage because we got SA and it will take 10 month more... I also asked to agent if I missed any communication... but the agent told me any request or communication will show up on ECAS... They cheat on me!!

GCMS shows very clearly.... CIC has my contact information correctly... but officer sent email, which might have my personal information, to wrong address..

I got my fingerprint yesterday... I'm planning to send it today.. Hopefully, I get my DM quickly....

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
REV2255 said:
My GCMS was also shown "30 calendar days"... and I got it exact one month (31 days...) after I ordered.

My case, my husband got SA on June 8 and my ECAS shows "In Process" and it still shows;

1.We received application for permanent residence on April 3, 2014.
2.We started processing application on June 8, 2015.
3.Medical results have been received.

ECAS doesn't show any request from CIC..!!! I called call centre several times.. I told them we got SA but nothing hear from CIC after that... and agent always says I am on 2nd stage because we got SA and it will take 10 month more... I also asked to agent if I missed any communication... but the agent told me any request or communication will show up on ECAS... They cheat on me!!

GCMS shows very clearly.... CIC has my contact information correctly... but officer sent email, which might have my personal information, to wrong address..

I got my fingerprint yesterday... I'm planning to send it today.. Hopefully, I get my DM quickly....
The call center is garbage, they just go on the website and tell you what it says there, absolutely no access to any information unknown to you.

My ECAS shows the same thing as you, but I don't have SA yet.

How do you have SA back in June but not AIP? If I recall correctly there is absolutely nothing that happens between SA and AIP.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
How do you have SA back in June but not AIP? If I recall correctly there is absolutely nothing that happens between SA and AIP.
They change the diaper on the chimpanzee that's processing the application.

Actually, there is a small amount of work between SA and AIP:

The applicant has to pass the eligibility requirement to apply, which simply means that the relationship with the sponsor is assessed. See the flowchart in document IP08 (~ page 48, if I recall).

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:

The applicant has to pass the eligibility requirement to apply, which simply means that the relationship with the sponsor is assessed. See the flowchart in document IP08 (~ page 48, if I recall).
Interesting... You would think once they get Sponsor Approval and then Approved in Principle the relationship as already been assessed

I think the only reason why some people don't get DM after AIP and SA is because some documents are outdated, which they need new copies of.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
We had a DM a week ago, still no contact from the YEG office (landing). Another lady in the FB group had a DM the same day and she got the landing letter from YEG's office the next day.

montorq

Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
quick question to ppl who have already landed, did you get a stamp on your passport from the officer or just the CoPR document?
You will get a stamp on your passport, for you to remember your landing date and of course a COPR document.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:

I'm looking through IP08, and I'm having a hard time finding that flowchart (doesn't seem to be around page 48, that's to do with dependents), but I'd like to see it for my own benefit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

The one thing I did see was a little statement saying that Canadians have a "RIGHT" to sponsor their spouses. Not a "privilege" to do so. Anyway, thought I'd mention that.

So, if REV2255 got SA, but *did not* get AIP, the only logical recourse is that CIC is having a hard time verifying if their relationship is genuine?
...but CIC made a fingerprint request?

How does that make sense, why are they withholding AIP because of FingerPrints?
Are they going to dust each of them for finger-prints to determine if they've been touching each other?

That's like getting SA but no AIP because your relationship can't be properly assessed till your medical is re-done.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Interesting... You would think once they get Sponsor Approval and then Approved in Principle the relationship as already been assessed

I think the only reason why some people don't get DM after AIP and SA is because some documents are outdated, which they need new copies of.
That is the reason why they don't get DM immediately, but there's absolutely no reason why SA and AIP wouldn't come at the same time.

Seriously, if they've assessed the sponsor how could they possibly need more than an hour to determine if the Applicant has a genuine relationship with the Sponsor.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
I'm looking through IP08, and I'm having a hard time finding that flowchart (doesn't seem to be around page 48, that's to do with dependents), but I'd like to see it for my own benefit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

The one thing I did see was a little statement saying that Canadians have a "RIGHT" to sponsor their spouses. Not a "privilege" to do so. Anyway, thought I'd mention that.

So, if REV2255 got SA, but *did not* get AIP, the only logical recourse is that CIC is having a hard time verifying if their relationship is genuine?
...but CIC made a fingerprint request?

How does that make sense, why are they withholding AIP because of FingerPrints?
Are they going to dust each of them for finger-prints to determine if they've been touching each other?

That's like getting SA but no AIP because your relationship can't be properly assessed till your medical is re-done.
Wow...CIC updated IP08 in May (to now include language about the pilot OWP program) and you're right...the flowchart seems to be missing now.

Try pasting the URL into this site and look for a version from 2014:
https://archive.org/web/